Say You Still Love Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 06 Aug 2019

Piper is a successful businesswoman – taking the corporate world by storm but when a former flame shows up unexpectedly, her personal life is shaken. It has been thirteen years since she has seen Kyle, the boy who stole her heart and then disappeared. Thirteen years since an accident that she can’t get out of her mind.

Kyle was the boy from the other side of the tracks – the complete opposite of what Piper had known and what her family would approve of. From the moment they saw eachother, Piper and Kyle were in deep.

Their story is told through (somewhat steamy) flashbacks that are weaved into the current day. You feel the teenage angst and nostalgia throughout this whole story – but in the best way. It brings you back to those youthful feelings where another person can be your whole world.

This is a new adult/adult contemporary novel that is appropriate for ages 18 plus.
This was such a good book! Completely engaging, and it was such a fun light read! It was nice to be able to read a feel good book! Kinda like rom coms, this book let me relax after work, which was needed!
Piper is a successful businesswoman who’s about to take over her fathers real estate development business. But a blast from her past completely takes her by surprise: Kyle, her long lost live from summer camp! Kyle broke her heart, and she feels like she never got closure on their relationship. With kyle back in her life, maybe she will get the closure she deserves, or maybe something else, as she realizes she is still in love with him!
Piper was a very strong character! She didn’t take crap from her male colleagues, she called out misogyny at her work place, but she had these outbursts that I think were meant to depict her as fiery? But I just thought as kinda uncomfortable. But I think that was the authors way of showing she doesn’t take crap, which I liked! This is a typical romantic comedy book, where there is drama, ups and down, and some romantic love as well! If you’re looking for a great romance novel, then I would encourage you to check it out!

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I love this author. This was such a cute story. I'm not surprised we've been seeing it everywhere on social.
I don't know what the heck I was expecting when going into this book, but whatever it was, it went far beyond it! I am embarrassed to say, that even though I have 3 others sitting on my bookshelf, this is my first K.A. Tucker and now I completely see what all of the hype is about. Tucker focused heavily on character development in this novel, which I absolutely loved. We are immediately thrust into Piper's no non-sense world when we are introduced to her. She is VP at her dad's multi-million real estate development firm. And next in line to run the charge when her dad retires. Piper is a boss bitch! It is a male-dominated industry but Piper had no problem standing toe to toe. Girl power! The Spice Girls would be proud! The book jumps back and forth between present and 2006, when Piper was a counselor at Camp Wawa, and where she first lays eyes on Kyle Miller! Let's just say that Tucker deserves an award in itself when it comes to the description if ya catch my drift! Tucker then weaves together a complicated and beautiful story that tackles first loves, friendships, rekindled love and all the difficulties and messiness in between. Say You Still Love Me unfolds at the most painfully perfect pace. There were times that I just wanted to fast forward because the suspense was KILLING ME! But, I patiently waited and allowed the story to tell itself. I absolutely loved every minute of this book! I hate that I wanted so long to finally read this author, but now you can say that I'm hooked!
Maybe it’s because I’m a sucker for second chance romances or maybe it’s because this book gave me so much camp nostalgia but this is my official declaration... K.A. Tucker I will read ANYTHING you ever write. While I wished we had a bit more time with present day Piper and Kyle, I still really loved this book. I loved the focus on unlikely friendships, which is completely relatable for anyone who’s ever attended overnight camp! This book has one of my fav couples, their chemistry was undeniable!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ *Special thanks to Atria Books for an eARC in exchange for my honest review*
I just could not get immersed in this story. I adored The Simple Wild but Say You Still Love Me just didn’t click for me. I never wrapped my head around the idea of Piper and Kyle. Their relationship lacked the intensity and chemistry I crave in a second chance romance. And the romance was too slow of a burn for me. The plot wasn’t interesting.

What I liked: The nostalgia of their teenage years and all the mischief they got up into at summer camp. And, I always love a smart, strong female lead. I’ll be back for Wild At Heart.
I realize this book had some issues, but I still loved this book. I flew through this book, it was what I needed at the time.
Say You Still Love Me was my first K. A. Tucker book and it won’t be my last. I loved the friends and family plot and of course the romance. Kyle sure was dreamy! The side characters were all well-thought of in my opinion. It made me want to go to camp even though I’m far too old for that. Thank you NetGalley for the free ebook.
Captivating, suspenseful, entertaining novel! This beautiful thriller kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading it! Would highly recommend to those who enjoy this genre.
I fell hard for K.A. Tucker's last book, The Simple Wild. As a total romance newbie, it led me to discover that this genre, which I had never explored could actually be for me, provided I could find more reads with that alluring combo of believable characters, mid-level of steaminess, and a memorable, well-drawn setting.

After reading her new novel, Say You Still Love Me, I can confirm that I'll continue to be on the look out for her next Contemporary Romance, because this story was a worthy follow up to The Simple Wild.

Cute second chance romance? Check.
Summer camp vibe, providing a satisfying sense of nostalgia? Check.
Memories of first crush feelings? Check.
Past-present timelines that are equally compelling? Check.
Tragic backstory? Check.
Steam level moderate? Check.

The only drawback for me personally is that this one has more of a YA feel, due to the fact that one of the story lines is set in the past, when the characters are teens. But this is more of a personal preference than an objective flaw obviously, since I imagine that fans of YA romance would see this as a positive. Thoroughly enjoyable reading, ideal for a cottage girls' weekend.
Say You Still Love Me was the perfect summer read. It follows two characters that come from different backgrounds, but are clearly soulmates. They originally meet as teenagers, at summer camp and are separated for many years, before finding each other again. The romance, the twists and turns, the slight mysteries, make this book hard to put down! You will find yourself rooting for this couple many times throughout the story! I loved it! Brave KA Tucker!
Twenty-nine year old Piper Calloway is successful and beautiful and powerful. She is set to run a multibillion dollar company when her father retires and she is loving it. When one day while leaving her office building for the day she spots someone she hasn’t seen in thirteen years, but it can’t be him can it? Before she can get close he disappears and she’s left breathless.

It’s been thirteen years since Piper was dropped off at Camp Wawa to be a counsellor for the summer. Where she met her first love Kyle. He was the one that every girl wanted, but she was the lucky one he chose. But when that summer ended Piper never heard from him again, until he shows up as the new security guard in her office building.

What happened to Kyle? Where has he been for thirteen years? And why can’t Piper help but feel the same feelings for him after all these years?

So I have read another title by this author but it was a thriller so I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this one. I honestly can’t say enough good things about this book. It was a wonderful beach read romcom that had me laughing one minute and teary the next. It was able to be heartwarming but not cheesy. I will definitely be taking a look at other romances by this author!
I really ugh enjoyed this book! Loved the back and forth between past and present. Such a cute story from them before and a beautiful one from them now.

And boy I loved piper she was such a badass boss women, taking charge loved it !
Thank you Netgalley, Simon & Schuster and K.A. Tucker.
Heartwarming, funny love story that is set at camp and  thirteen years later when Kyle and Piper meet again.
We find out in the dual timeline how they met and what happened in those thirteen years.
I loved, loved it.  Put a smile on a face.  Well written.
Great beach read.
Highly recommend  4 ⭐️
I loved this book. It was cute, it was a story that made me feel good. I tought the chapter that happen in the past were a bit too long… I kept wanting to stay in the present… that's why this story is a 3 stars for me
I really enjoy this authors books and this one is no exception. This book is a perfect beach read for sitting out in the sun and getting lost in a great story.

The dual timeline in this book really works and it made it more interesting in my opinion. I also really liked Piper and the way the story ended.

I would recommend this book for a beach read
It could be because my hormones are driving me crazy from pregnancy, but this book made me super nostalgic and emotional. Remembering all those summer camp nights living care free, with friends, thinking we knew everything about the world. Those were the good old days.

This is my first read by K.A. Tucker and I must say that I really enjoyed her writing style. Her characters were completely relatable... I mean who wasn't an over hormonal teenager wanting to experience EVERYTHING their first nights away from home? Thinking you know everything about the world and that you're invincible? I think that's how we all felt at some point in our lives.

Overall I really enjoyed the story. There were definitely some events that I was NOT expecting to happen and there were quite a few surprises which kept me interested. If I had the time to sit and read it properly I would have flown through it. It kept me hooked and turning the pages... and yes, as cliche as it is, I was rooting for EVERYONE in this book. If you want a fast paced romantic read that brings back nostalgic feeling  twofold then I suggest you pick this up.

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
I loved loved loved this book!! It absolutely made me reminisce on my camp counselor days! Piper and Kyle have been through alot together, including his sudden disappearance from her life when she was 16. years later he shows up as a security guard in her family's office building! Flirting, fun and love await you in another amazing novel by K.A Tucker!
What a great light beach read! The chemistry and these second-chance romance is exactly what I was hoping for! K.A. Tucker gets it right every time. ⁣
⁣
The story shifts between summer camp, where our couple meet and fall in-love, and the present where they haven't spoken since that fateful summer. Personally I feel like the book spent a bit too much time on the past timeline, it was the one I like the least. I have a hard time with young adult books and I while not exactly classified as YA this novel spends a lot of time there. ⁣
⁣
This is a great beach side read! Start to finish, easy and light with a little bit of steam to keep you interested ; )