Cover Image: Window on the Bay

Window on the Bay

This is another solid Debbie Macomber novel.  Obviously if you've read anything by Debbie, you know you can't go wrong with anything she writes! This story follows the two best friends Maureen and Jenna as they navigate obstacles of being empty nesters and finding love post children and divorce.  I really enjoyed the characters! I found them likable and engaging.  The story flowed really well and kept my interest with several twists and turns along the way.  This would be a great novel to curl up with on rainy day or pull out while on a beach vacation. It is an enjoyable read that sped by quickly for me.  I listened to the audiobook and enjoyed the narrator a lot!

Also, thanks to Random House Publishing Group for the advanced reader copy I received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
They've been best friends since college. Their dream to take a trip to Paris in the spring. Unfortunately, life seems to always get in the way. Jenna Boltz was looking forward to being an empty nester. Maureen Zelinski has walled off her heart. Their plan is to go to Paris like they tried to in college. What happens when life gets in the way and an empty house doesn't go as planned? It's looking out from the Window on the Bay.

Jenna Boltz last child has left for college. She's celebrating by getting together with her best friend Maureen Zelinski to watch their favorite movie and plan again the trip they were going to take to Paris their senior year of college, before life got in the way. Both women are now divorced and have children in their 20s and raised their children as single parents. A call from Jenna's mom's neighbor has her rushing to the hospital because of her mom's broken hip. Instead of focusing on the empty house she's now taking care of her mother. She meets the orthopedic surgeon who's taking care of her mother. Rowan Lancaster has been smitten with Jenna since last year's Christmas party. He takes advantage of their proximity to subtly show his interest. She doesn't want to have anything to do with him because her ex-husband was a surgeon and they work at the same hospital. Jenna can't forget the attraction to Rowan and that he seems to be different from the ex-husband. As they get to know each other their true personalities come to light bringing them closer together. She must work to get information about Rowan's past from him. He's always there to help with Jenna's problems with her children and mom. Rowan pulls away when its obvious another man is interested. Jenna pursues Rowan. Her daughter's behavior at college has Jenna worried about her. A rift develops between her and her son because of his change in professions. When the daughter brings her new best friend home for a visit while Rowan is there everyone gets a surprise. Jenna's old fears come to the fore front splitting her and Rowan up. Attempts to explain are rejected and a mistake of a date bring the two awkwardly back into each others lives. Jenna's daughter solves Jenna's love life and her best friend's relationship with her father.

Maureen has a man that she's been giving book recommendations to when he comes into the library. Logan is a construction worker and the exact opposite of Maureen. He irritates her by teasing her. But she can't stop thinking about him. When he asks her out and she accepts they go to a sports bar. She's just come from work so her apparel stands out. The date is a disaster, but she decides to give him a second chance. Maureen is surprised by the bar he takes her to and their next date is a success. A new experience when they go to a football game. A comment leads Maureen to set up a date for them. Their dating is put on hold while Logan is out of town on a job. The ballet is some what of a disaster when Logan doesn't enjoy it. Maureen gets to meet his daughter. She learns that she's to become a grandmother. As they get closer Maureen gets scared. She decides to give the sports bar a second chance and is hurt when Logan walks in with another woman and he takes teasing about her from the other construction workers. They break up and both are miserable. After talking to Jenna and her own daughter and Logan's daughter, she decides that she wants to reveal her heart to Logan. A phone call has her anxiously waiting an answer but when she doesn't get one is thinks she's really messed up. Arriving home she finds Logan on her doorstep to make sure this is really what she wants.

Jenna's life is revisited 5 years later where you catch up with their lives and what happen in their relationships. Debbie Macomber new style of writing in the first person but from different perspectives is heartwarming, happy and emotionally charged from beginning to end. These two woman work through the past to realize that they can have the future they dream of. A stop light mentality to dating shows some humor and how high their standards are. It also shows how the past has affected how they look at new relationships. As always Debbie Macomber shows you love helps heal love wounds.
This is an easy-read book, great for the summertime: a bit fluffy, very "chic-lit", but just right for this time of the year!

Jenna and Maureen have been BFFs since college. Both are single mothers; Jenna for 20 years and Maureen around the same. They've both dipped their toes into the dating pool on and off and have a rating system for their dates: red -- no way, yellow -- possible -- green -- absolutely! Jenna's kids are both out of the house, in college; she's a nurse in the local  hospital ICU; her ex-husband is a surgeon and totally non-involved with his family. Maureen's a librarian, her daughter is married, her ex  did take an interest while his daughter was growing up.  Both Jenna and Maureen meet interesting men and then have to decide how to deal with them.

There are HEAs for all, but not without the requisite angst, some of which is a bit silly. An enjoyable and light read.

I received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.
Window on the Bay is a VERY SWEET story. Debbie has a way of putting a smile on her readers faces while reading her loving stories. This one is no exception. You will walk away from this boom feeling VERY HAPPY and feel the love she puts into her stories. I’m not quit sure why the bad reviews, I thought this was a VERY SWEET AND LOVING story. I’m going to guess that you will too. If you read it, you’ll see, it’s a GREAT story. Enjoy!! :))
Wonderful story! Debbie Macomber did it again and excellant romance. Loved that this book was about middle age women that I can relate to. very good storyline and details. Jenna and Maureen have stayed in touch with each other over the years through family and divorce . This tells the story of both women later in life after things have changed for them. Takes us along for the ride when they each find a second chance romance with new men. So fun to read loved it!
In typical Debbie Macomber fashion, she has written a strong novel based on friendships. Her books are my guilty pleasure. It's like comfort food.  No matter how much drama, sadness, heart break is happening...there is always so much optimism.
This was a great beach (pool) read.
Window on the Bay by Debbie Macomber is a standalone contemporary romance. This one features not one romantic couple but two budding romances from a pair of best friends now going through empty nest syndrome with their children off to college. The point of view will change back and forth  between the two ladies and their lives.

Jenna and Maureen have always been the best of friends. At one point in their lives they had made solid plans to take a trip to Paris right after they graduated college with both sharing a love for the city. However, all of their plans for the trip were put on hold once Maureen found herself pregnant and rushed to marriage.

Now after more than two decades going by since those young, carefree dreams were made both ladies find themselves single again. While Jenna and Maureen start their planning again they both find themselves taking a more serious look at love once again when new men enter their lives.

Debbie Macomber is a very established author so there is no question that when picking up one of her books you will find wonderful, solid and fluid writing that will charm reader. That was still found in this one but  the reason I’m only giving this one 3 1/2 stars was more on the story feeling a bit rushed to me with two relationships. Both scenarios were completely different which I loved, however you could feel that rush to push both into the in love then problems arise formula romance often follows. What are really the odds two couples rush through love and angst at the same rate? I would have liked them to differ the same way the personalities had.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.
I always enjoy reading a Debbie Macomber book and this is no exception. The story revolves around a woman who faces life as an empty nester.  Facing this time in life she and her friend since college start to make plans. Such a long lasting friendship is a wonderful thing in life. That relationship and the subsequent love interest that comes on the scene after her Mother has an accident. Dr. Rowan Lancaster is going to change the status quo! I really enjoyed reading a story about older characters for a change!

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my open and honest review!
Debbie Macomber's books are like comfort food.  You always pretty know what's going to happen but it's a pleasant journey.  This book is typical of her work.  Not really any surprises, just an easy-going read.
All I have to see is a new Debbie Macomber available to read and review and I am hooked.  I have been a fan since her Harlequin  days.  I liked this book very much.  I loved that the main characters are women with maturity.  I loved the story, its so much more than the typical empty nester story.  The story drags a bit in spots, but stay with it.
Debbie Macomber is such a gifted author.  Amazing how she is able to weave two fabulous stories in the one great book.  Love the depth of her writing.  Hoping there is more to come with the families in Window on the Bay.

Thank you for NetGalley and Random House for allowing me to read this book and give an honest review.
It's summer and Debbie Macomber is back with another delightful vacation read filled with well developed characters and story.  Is it one of her best?  No, but it is different from most of her books in that her main characters have issues in every since of the word and they come to grip with them and learn from them.  My thanks to NetGalley and Random House for the ARC and opportunity to preread this book.
This was a great romance. Jenna and maureen set out to find love. Jenna meets an orthopedic surgeon and maureen a construction worker. Jenna is uncertain how she feels about Rowan because her ex is also a surgeon who cheated on her. You will enjoy reading this book I don't want to spoil it
Wow!! A heart warming story of two best friends move into the next chapter of their lives. Jenna and Maureen have been BFF, both of their marriages ended in divorce years ago and raising their children on their own. Now Jenna is an empty nester and the next chapter in her life begins. Learning to live on her own and dating again. Maureen too is facing a new boyfriend.

This book grabbed me from the beginning and did not let go until the end, plus I wanted more. Wonderful characters that I feel that many can relate too. Plenty of romance and family dynamics that will keep you engaged. I highly recommend this book.
What a sweet tale of adulthood, friendship, and love! Debbie Macomber has a fresh writing style that you just want to sweep up into a hug. Each of her books has this cozy familiar feeling and that was definitely displayed in this book as well. This book will absolutely give you a roller coaster of emotions but does have a very satisfying end. I can't recommend picking this one up enough!
Debbie Macomber is best known for her feel good, light and cozy books. Window on the Bay, a story of a beautiful friendship between two women, was just that. Set in picturesque Seattle, it’s an easy to follow story and one that leaves the reader feeling warm and satisfied at the end. While predictable and a bit over the top, this warm hearted book left me with a smile on my face and made for a great lighter read for me. ⭐️⭐️⭐️/5.⁣
⁣
Thank you @randomhouse for the advance reader in exchange for my honest review.
Another wonderful book by Debbie Macomber!  I love how easy it is to fall in love with the characters she creates!

Years of dreaming and planning!  Jenna and Maureen, best friends since college, have dreamed and planned forever to travel to Paris.   They had to cancel their dream trip for after graduation due to Maureen's unplanned pregnancy.  Now years later, they have both divorced and raised their children as single mothers.  It finally seems it's the right time to plan the trip of a lifetime they have put off for so long!

This heartwarming story follows Jenna and Maureen through their ups and downs - troubles with their children,  their own love lives and broken hearts.  Will they ever make it to Paris?  Will they find love?  Will their childrens lives get straightened out?

A must read!
So much to love in Window on the Bay by Debbie Macomber! The author has delivered another fabulous tale to keep the reader engrossed from beginning to end with interesting characters, dry wit and a romance to warm your heart. If you're looking for a feel-good read, seriously look no further!
Best friends Jenna and Maureen are at a crossroad in the relationship department.  Jenna is now an empty nester now that her daughter has started attending college.  Maureen is a librarian who has been recommending books to Logan, who is a construction who has become a frequent visitor to the library.  Jenna is an intensive-care nurse who has raised her two children on her own after a messy divorce from her surgeon husband.

The best friends are enjoying their independence and are trying finally plan the trip to Paris that they’ve been dreaming of since their college days.

When Jenna’s elderly mother breaks her hip she meets Dr. Rowan Lancaster after he performs surgery on her mother.  The silent, stoic Rowan finds himself attracted to Jenna. And even though Jenna is hesitant about becoming involved with another surgeon, she has to admit that she’s more than a little intrigued.

Jenna and Maureen both learn lessons in going outside their comfort zone and taking a chance on love.
It's always fun to pick up a Debbie Macomber book because you know that's it's going to be an easy read with a happily ever after ending. Though this book tackled some problems that you don't see in normal romance novels, it was still a satisfying read.

Jenna and Maureen became friends in college and planned to visit Paris after they graduated. The trip never happened because Maureen got pregnant and married. Jenna also married her boyfriend and had two children. After only a few years, he decided that he didn't want to be married and after their divorce, he had very little contact with his children. As the book begins, we find out that they are both empty nesters who are unsure of how to live their lives without children. One of their first decisions is to plan their Paris trip again. As their lives continue to change, they both decide to try dating again and run into complications. Maureen starts to date a construction worker who visits the library frequently and Jenna starts to date the doctor who took care of her mother. Neither one of the women know if they can learn to trust men again or if they will get their happily ever after.

This was a light fun read. I didn't enjoy it as much as other books by this author because I didn't like several of the characters. I thought that Jenna was way too controlling with her children - she said they she was glad that they were grown up but felt like she had to control every aspect of their lives. I also didn't like Logan, the construction that Maureen dated. He didn't seem very willing to make changes in his life to make her happy.

Will Jenna and Maureen be able to relax and enjoy the changes that are happening in their lives? Will they get their happily ever after? It's time to read this book and find out.