Submerged

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jul 2019

Really enjoyed this book. It kept me interested all the way through. I would definitely recommend to a fellow reader. I like the cover as well.
This book was received as an ARC from AURELIA LEO, LLC in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Judging from the book to the description I was not expecting the results I have read from this book. Immediately when I read this book, it took me back to one story The Little Mermaid having the same premise of meeting the sea king and then overtaken by an evil witch except the twist, the witch is the sea king's daughter perceived to overrule her father's reign putting the Kitoi in danger. Then we have the heroes of Jura and Tylak that are on a mission to find answers and rescue their friends only to find they turned for the worst and now relied on new friends to save the sand sea before it perishes just like how Ariel and Eric did with Ursula in The Little Mermaid.

We will consider adding this title to our YFantasy collection at the library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
Book – Submerged
Author  – A.M. Deese
Series  – Dance of the Elements #2
Publication Date  – July 29, 2019
Genre  – Fantasy/Romance
Rating  –  4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story

I’m going to be honest here and admit that I enjoyed the first book in this series (Ignited) much better than Submerged. Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I didn’t enjoy this book, it’s just that I love that introduction to characters and worlds that a “first” book has. I can only compare this to when I was young and couldn’t settle down with a guy or a car…I would enjoy the newness and then get comfortable which would cause me to lose interest and have to move to something new again.

I still was interested in Jura and Tylak and the next part of their story was new, but to me I just felt a bit disconnected – maybe it was because the best climax to the story was in the first book…

There were plenty of climatic moments in this book with the threat of war….the threat of tyrannical rulers…the threat of death.

Reason for Reading  – NetGalley choice
Story  – 4 out of 5 Stars
Steam  – 4 out of 5 Stars
Angst  – 4 out of 5 Stars
Writing  – 4 out of 5 Stars
Content Flow  – 5 out of 5 Stars
Would Read More from Author?    Yes
Recommend To  – Fantasy Romance lovers
After having read the first one, I was very pleased when Netgalley sent me this for review.
This book was unfortunately poorer than the first one. I did enjoy the writing but the plot in this one for a bit too tedious.
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The writing style and pace make for a very smooth read, although it still seems to be a story for young teens almost and at times feels middle-grade.