Ice

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Dec 2019

With all the discussion happening now about climate change, this book is very timely. Though it is geared toward children, there is a lot of information that would benefit adults. Be a very good reference book for use in classroom assignments. Love the clarity of the graphics but especially the details, e.g. Emperor Penguin can grow to be 4 feet tall. That means this penguin would be up to my waist... wow! Another great nonfiction book by DK Publishing.
I received an advanced reader copy from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.
Most excellent: every since I learned there were at least 9 kinds of ice- this was in class in college in the 70's- I have been fascinated with ice.

This is a lovely compendium about ice, how it is formed, what it can, and can't do. Ice has been a larger and smaller part of Earth since it formed, and its future may be in jeopardy in ways we can't imagine.

Short, sweet, to the point, excellent. thank you
This is a very good book for children and adults it gives you a look into what's really happening, and gives you the outlook of timelines how earth has really changed and how the Ice works is melting, it really is sad to read but to realize we need to do something about it as a society.
Stunning illustrations and photographs describe the impact ice has on animals and people from the prehistoric to modern day times.  Readers will be captivated with the text features and easy to read information.  I learned so much about the people and animals who have lived in, on, and below the ice as well as the impact global warming is having on our society. Ice is extraordinary.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the chance to read and review this title.
This is one of those books that I couldn't review. It is not available as a kindle download. I do wish that publishers would let us know, before we request the book. So, for me no review and no rating. So.sorry that I missed this one. It's one of my favorite subjects.
This book provides a great look at different animals that live on ice, what happens when ice thaws, information about the tundra, and interesting facts about the Ice Age.
Ice: Chilling Stories from a Disappearing World by DK Publishing is a book I requested from NetGalley and the review is voluntary. This book is hot, or COOL! Really cool in fact! It takes the reader from prehistoric times to today and from pole to pile exploding everything ice! They explore everything that has lived in ice, grew on ice, walked on ice, lived under ice, well...you get my meaning. The pictures are totally amazing! Some seem to be alive! That's what caught my attention is the fabulous photos and art! Each page has dramatic photos along with mind blowing information! The page is filled with lots of fun facts and cool, (sorry), pictures!I love this book! I think this is probably for kids around middle grade but I was lost in the stunning photos and I am certainly not in middle grade school! I am going to get this book when it comes out for sure. This is going in my favorite folder in Goodreads! Gorgeous photos and great information, what more could you ask for?
The title, really, says it all.  The ice that has been at the arctic and antarctic are vanishing in our lifetimes, and taking with it stories, and wildlife, and a way of life for people.

This is an amazing book showing that has gone before, in pre-historic times, as well as what is currently vanishing. Large pictures, with notes on each item in the picture make this an easy and informative read.

It turns out, there is quite a lot to be learned. Who knew, for example, that there are different types of fronts and ice. (as in hoar frost, needle ice, hair ice and front flowers)

Very informative book, about a region that may be all but lost due to climate change. Highly recommended for schools and libraries.

Thanks to Netgalley for making this book available for an honest review.

From the mighty mammoths and deserts of ice to early explorers and polar survival, come face to face with one of Earth's greatest resources: ice.

With captivating CGIs, illustrations, and photography, DK's Ice will take readers on an epic journey from the ice age to modern day, exploring how icy worlds are created, how creatures live in these harsh environments and the impact of climate change.

Learn about early humans and how they survived in one of the most hostile environments on Earth, the tragic and treacherous journeys of early polar explorers, how icy landscapes develop and change, and meet the animals who make these frozen lands their home. Detailed annotations explore the place of ice on our planet and how we and other animals survive and interact with it. Ice is the perfect companion for any reader who wants to discover frozen worlds and the creatures that make them their home.

In a world where all you hear about is global warming, ice is a hot topic 😂. (I actually stalk Instagram accounts that are from Newfoundland and Labrador photographers and their amazing photos of ice.) The book is gorgeous - the CGI, in particular, is captivating.  The book is also well written and enjoyable by kids of all ages - including this middle age grey-haired one!   It is detailed so that the older kids will get a lot out of it, but it is also readable as a bedtime story to younger ones - very versatile!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by Millennials on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it some good old Canadian use of ice --- 🏒🏒🏒🏒🏒

NOTE: I cannot link this review to LinkedIn - there is something wrong with the linking/programming and it will not happen.
A small but well organized and explain documentary on ice. It covers the basics information on what is ice, the ice age, animal living in an ice/snowy world, how humans live there too, etc. Lot of information, all easy to understand do to summarize content and vocabulary. There is also good quality picture to help represent it all in our mind. Well done!