The View from Rock Bottom

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Aug 2019

𝑺𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒅 π‘Ίπ’–π’‡π’‡π’†π’“π’Šπ’π’ˆ: π‘ͺπ’‰π’π’π’”π’Šπ’π’ˆ π‘±π’π’š π‘¨π’Žπ’Šπ’… 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π‘·π’‚π’Šπ’ π’ƒπ’š π‘Ίπ’•π’†π’‘π’‰π’‚π’π’Šπ’† π‘»π’‚π’Šπ’•
 ********************
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reviewed from a copy made available by the publisher via NetGalley.

This book deserves 10 stars! I can't begin to describe how this book changed my view on suffering. Though this book contains a lot of pain, it's through the pain that the message comes through that God is always there. We often think God forgets us when we are in pain, but this book is a perfect example of how God is there every step of the way. I recommend this book to everyone, everyone needs to read this. This a message, a revelation given by God to Stephanie Tait. Everything is woven together perfectly to make sense, not only does your physical mind understand it, but your spirit too. It's hard to describe it. Stephanie Tait did a wonderful job in writing this book, she is an excellent author and definitely one I'll recommend.

I liked the way all the Scripture references matched with each other, even though they are from different books in the Bible and different authors. That is once again evidence that everything God does is perfect. I did take some time to read the book, but it's because there were parts I just couldn't pass. Sometimes I had to stand still at a page because there was so much information and revelation in. I had to process everything and make sure I understand before moving on. This book is drenched with the Spirit of God and anyone reading it, will be changed. I for one am not the same. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

Thank you to the author for giving me a copy via Netgalley to review.
 #TheViewFromRockBottom
#Netgalley
As someone who is suffering from chronic illnesses I found this book a blessing and an encouragement.  It was so refreshingly open and honest. So great to know that I am not alone  in the things I have been questioning and wrestling wIth. This book has changed my theology in certain areas of suffering and reinforced  it in others.  This book has given me hope both now in the present and in the eternity to come.  Great book. ..........
I don’t typically choose to read books about suffering and pain. I have found them to be mostly full of trite suggestions, cheesy stories, and overused Bible verses that may be used out of context. I already roll my eyes enough in life, I don’t need to roll them again at fellow believers trying their best to help. So I approached The View from Rock Bottom with great skepticism and prepared myself for another deep sigh and eye roll.
My defenses and skepticism quickly crumbled as I read the author’s life stories, her research of scriptures dealing with suffering and hope, and her willingness to live in the middle. Sitting in the mysterious areas between hope and pain. The View from Rock Bottom is finally a book I feel comfortable to recommend to others. I will be reading this book and highlighting more paragraphs soon.
I was asked to write an endorsement, and gladly provided my honest feedback as follows;

β€œThe church sorely needs books that are truthful about the reality of suffering, borne out of walking through pain – and this one’s a gem. Through sound biblical exegesis and fresh insight, Tait offers confused Christians the chance to find intimacy with God through suffering. Warm and clear in style, this book will be a great help and hope for all who struggle and feel like they’ve missed the promises of God.”
If you are tired of reading testimonies with neatly tied up, happy endings, this is the book for you. Stephanie Tait shares the painful details of the traumas she has experienced and her realization that she had deeply internalized the messages of the prosperity gospel. "The View from Rock Bottom" invites readers to study suffering and acknowledge that we as Christians are to expect to suffer. Even still, we remember that we serve a God who is capable of doing more than we could ask or imagine.

This book is a breath of fresh air. Highly recommend.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley!

it was well-written and inspirational.    i'd say it's a must-read for religious people.
I read his book because I always feel a little bit torn by religion. I found it a very fascinating book as I uncovered why people tend to turn to god in their darkest of moments. It was very well written.
This book is amazing.  So encouraging to read unfinished stories especially  as God still has me on the painful  journey of healing  & restoration.  Seeing & being reminded of who God is and focusing on his promises for me as a unique  individual.