Toxic Toffee

Pages:304

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher:  Kensington

Toxic Toffee is the fourth book in the Amish Candy Shop Mystery series.  Bailey King is back in Harvest Ohio after filming a cooking show in New York when she's hit with an Easter crisis to make a giant bunny made out of toffee for the town's Easter celebration.

However, she finds herself in the midst of another murder when the Amish rabbit farmer drops dead in front of her.  Aiden the sheriff's deputy wants her to stay out of it before she becomes the next victim.

Each of the Amish Candy shop mysteries gets better than the one before it, especially now that Bailey is starting to see Harvest Ohio as home she's got a stake in the community and solving the murders and making sure the Amish community is treated fairly something her and Aiden can agree on even if the sheriff doesn't see it that way.

I look forward to the next book in the series.  As well as other books by the author.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
If you love Amish cozies, then you should be familiar with Amanda Flower. If not, pick up one of her books today. I am in love with these. With fun, witty characters and a clean read, the Amish Candy mysteries add to the ever growing stories Amanda has put out that will have you smiling and guessing 'who done it to the end. Kudos!!
I really looked forward to this book coming out. I didn't enjoy the third one as much as I enjoyed the first two because of the setting being in New York. I was glad that this book had a lot of the town of Harvest in it and loved all the bunnies. I recommend this book and series
The mystery is full of carefully placed clues and surprising twists and turns that are woven throughout the whole story, and concludes with an intriguing capture of the culprit. The characters are well written, well developed, enjoyable, and quirky in their own way. The author also introduces the matchmaker who is the main character in her new mystery series.

I like the relationship between Bailey and Aiden and how Bailey discovers things about herself because of the relationship. I hope that they will move beyond just quick pecks on the lips and cheeks, in the next book and their relationship will grow and they might actually go out on some real dates that don't involve solving a murder of some other type of crime. I enjoyed the introduction of the matchmaker this was a nice lead in for the authors new mystery series. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series Marshmallow Malice, to see what the residents of Harvest are up to.

I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and Kensington Books for my review.
Another great book in this series! Can’t wait till the next installment. I love the integration of the Amish and English.
Bailey King has returned from NY to help her Grandmother at the candy shop in preparation for the Easter candy rush.  Bailey witnesses a man keel over dead from an apparent hear t attack but it is later determined that he had been poisoned with a bit of toffee..The man murdered was a rabbit farmer and was well-liked by everyone, so who added the poison to the toffee?

Bailey is enlisted as go-between by the man's son who wants nothing to do with the police, but accepting that position could put her in the path of the murderer.

The story was fun because the mystery was interspersed with Bailey's romance woes.  Fun, fun, fun!
Toxic Toffee

by Amanda Flower

As I read Amanda Flower’s latest cozy mystery, Toxic Toffee, I was delighted to see familiar characters, like Jethro the polka dotted pig. I was amused by the introduction of a huge fluffy pet bunny named Puff and intrigued by the mysterious death of a rabbit farmer whom everyone loves. Reading about the construction of a ten foot toffee rabbit and other Easter treats was appealing to this chocoholic as well.

All of this sweetness is wrapped up in an intriguing mystery that starts in New York City where Bailey, chocolatier extraordinaire, and her naive Amish relative Charlotte have been filming candy making for a TV show. They soon leave the fascinating Big Apple where Charlotte’s Amish is frequently “showing” as she encounters a very unfamiliar world. They return to Holmes County, Ohio, where they help Bailey’s grandmother in their Amish candy shop. Bailey is approached by the son of a murdered man with a request that she help solve the mystery of his death. She agrees because of her community ties. Although “Englisch,” her ancestry is Amish and her grandmother is very respected in the community.

Threatening notes and a late night attack ramp up the danger level for Bailey and the concern level for her boyfriend, Deputy Aiden Brody. There are plot twists, turns, and surprises all the way to the end. Suspense, humor, and interesting characters make Toxic Toffee a must read for cozy mystery lovers.

I would like to extend my thanks to netgalley.com and to Kensington Books for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 5/5

Category: Mystery

Notes: 1. #4 in the Amish Candy Shop Mystery series.
             2. I believe this could be read without reading the previous books in the series, but I think this is one of the best so far in the series.

Publication:   June 25, 2019—Kensington Books

Memorable Lines:

“Not lucky. Blessed. Luck is an Englisch idea, not an Amish one.”

…I couldn’t live in fear. I would be afraid enough to be careful, but I would not allow myself to be stifled by fear.

“In my opinion, it’s better for a young person to leave the faith and be Englisch than force themselves to be Amish and make everyone around then miserable.”
Toxic Toffee by Amanda Flower is the fourth book in the Amish Candy Shop Mystery series.  I was so happy to see this book set in Amish country rather than New York City.  Bailey is back from shooting her cable tv show and finds herself in the middle of Harvest's Easter Days.  She is tasked with making an enormous toffee rabbit for the town square.  The death of an Amish man who raises rabbits finds Bailey in the middle of another mystery.  I absolutely adore this series.  The setting, characters, and mysteries make it one of my favorites.  I enjoy the combination of the English and Amish worlds.  I hope there are many more books to come in this series.
This series is one the keeps getting better as the characters and their relationships evolve.  I love the way that Bailey interacts within  the Amish community and the respect that she shows them.

This mystery was well-crafted and had me guessing until the last few pages.  Nice twists and turns along the way that kept me turning pages.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next book!
Toxic Toffee is about Bailey King who is in New York wrapping up a six-week shoot on her first cable TV show, Bailey’s Amish Sweets. When a man named Stephen Raber keels over from a heart attack which is really poison mixed with Candy, Bailey and her sheriff boyfriend, Aiden, must find the killer.  I loved this book. The characters are all friendly, as well as the town. I enjoyed reading about the Amish ways and how they mixed with the Englishers.  Very fun that Bailey was commissioned to build a large bunny out of toffee.
Wow! What a book! Of course my first ever Amanda Flower book. A book that truly makes you want to drool while you're reading because of all the sweets! Yum!
The cover of the book is cute too. I admire ppl who can design the book covers. It is a work of art.
There are wonderful characters in here but Bailey is my favorite! Bailey is a mystery solver and she'll keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you turning the pages as fast as you can to see who did it. A wonderful cozy mystery.
The time of year is Easter. One of my favorite holidays. Used to be when I was A kid because of all the candy until I learned the true meaning of Easter.
I enjoyed this book because of all the action, mystery and murder and it kept me guessing of course! Don't you just love books like that? I sure do and now I know I will have to play catch up. As usual I jumped into the middle again! I'm always doing that!!
There are some humorous moments in the story as well and I like that too.
I will be adding this author to my very long list of favorites.
5 stars for a plot well written.
I recommend this book.
My thanks to Netgalley. NO compensations were received. All opinions are my own
It's Easter time and Bailey King has just returned from filming a television cooking show in New York, but she has been chosen to design and prepare a giant toffee rabbit for the town's festival. She has just met the jovial Stephen Raber and his giant fluffy rabbit right before he literally drops dead at her feet. Now Bailey has a personal interest in solving his murder by toffee and finding a good home for the pet rabbit, all while working closely with her sheriff boyfriend, Aiden.

I really enjoyed this Amish mystery and I am looking forward to more to come.

Thanks to the publisher and to NetGalley for an ARC; all opinions are my own.
This is the 4th book in the Amish Candy Shop Mystery series, and I've read them all.  In my opinion, the books get better and better as the characters progress in their stories.  It isn't necessary to have read all the books in the series but it definitely helps keep the characters straight.

All the main characters are back as Bailey returns from shooting her TV show in NYC.  She finds the candy shop going strong and the Spring Festival about to begin.  Unfortunately, there's another murder for her to get involved with.  I really like this book.  The setting is so well described and the murder isn't violent.  The characters are fun and quirky and I love the glimpse into Amish culture.

Thanks to Kensington Books an NetGalley for the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Toxic Toffee earns 5/5 Bunny Treats...Engaging Fun!

I have long enjoyed Amanda Flowers writing style with descriptive language, dialogue to illustrate tone and personalities, humor, admirable and quirky characters, Amish influence, and in this fourth novel...candy, lots of candy including a recipe for Charlotte’s Toffee Pieces sans the toxicity. Bailey King is a delight as a talented chocolatier who has returned home to Harvest, Ohio, to help run the family-owned candy shop, Swissmen Sweets. Her Amish roots make it easier to fit into the community, but it’s having solved a few caramlized, licorished, pepperminted, and cocoa-laced murders that have made her invaluable. This fourth toffee-enriched mystery is clever keeping me totally engaged with Easter festivities, eight-foot toffee bunnies, real bunnies, and murder! The local Amish rabbit breeder collapses in front of her, and after being determined to be poison, she is compelled to discover the identity of the killer. While babysitting a prize rabbit, she uncovers long hidden secrets best kept secret, but delightful problems arise, her budding relationship with the local sheriff is complex, and some personal peril makes this an enjoyable read!
I love books by Amanda Flower. I love Amish cozies in general. This book did not disappoint. It was such a treat to read and felt like I was visiting old friends. This is a great addition to the series. It was a quick, fun, light-hearted read and i highly recommend this book and this series to others.
Toxic Toffee by Amanda Flower is the fourth story in the cozy Amish Candy Shop Mystery series and I have enjoyed them all. This can be read as a standalone, but reading the previous books will give you some background to the characters, but it is not necessary to do so. Bailey King, had been working in New York as a chocolatier before returning to Harvest, Ohio after the death of her grandfather. She is helping her Amish grandmother run their family owned candy shop, Swissmen Sweets. Bailey is not Amish but she understands them and is accepted by them more than most Englischers.

In Toxic Toffee Bailey has just returned from New York where she had begun filming a cooking show. When she returns, she agrees to help out with the town's Easter celebrations. Her part is to create a 6 to 7 foot toffee rabbit for the town square. As sh is talking about this venture, Stephen Raber, an Amish farmer who raises and sells rabbits, collapses in the town square. Was it a heart attack or was it something more nefarious?

I always enjoy a visit to Harvest, Ohio. I love the characters in the series from protagonist Bailey to her grandmother, police detective and love interest Aiden, and everyone in between. The animal characters also play a good role. Who wouldn't want to live in a town where there are pet pigs, bunnies, goats and more. The characters are all authentic and I would love to meet them and sample some Swissmen Sweets. It is easy to see that Amanda Flower has done her research and this Amish town is quite authentic. The mystery is well-plotted and woven nicely throughout the story. There are clues and red herrings sprinkled throughout the story for the reader to find. I did figure out who the murderer was prior to the final reveal, but the reveal itself was a surprise and well written. Another wonderful addition to this series.
I always look forward to reading one of Amanda Flower's books, she is an amazing storyteller, you can open up one of her books and your daily problems fad away as you become one of her characters.

Bailey is one of my favorite characters, not only does she get to play with candy at her grandma's candy shop, but she also has an amazing community of fun and crazy people and animals to be around so, your never bored with the village and the people. Oh, and I cannot forget about her hot cop boyfriend Aiden ;)

I love how Amanda can toss enough clues throughout the story to keep me guessing and at the end, I am surprised that none of my suspects is the one who did it.

The added rabbit in this story was a very nice touch, I am always pleased when an author can write about a different kind of pet instead of the same cat or dog, not that I love dogs and cats but as you keep reading about the same old pets it gets kind of old.

One of my favorite cozy mystery series and I highly recommend you bump it on top of your reading list.
TOXIC TOFFEE, the fourth installment in Amanda Flower's Amish Candy Shop Mystery series, is a well-plotted "whodunnit" that is sure to engage readers. In addition to the murder plot, Bailey King is tasked with growing her grandparents' business, Swissmen Sweets, crafting an eight-foot chocolate rabbit, and navigating the relationship with her new beau, Deputy Aiden Brody. Flower has created an utterly charming world set in Ohio Amish country. A great continuation to the series!
Once again Bailey finds herself on the hunt for a murderer in her hometown and this time the threat is coming close to home so she needs to figure it out quickly! A great plot is well woven with delightful characters with well developed personalities. This series is set in an Amish community that has become Bailey's new home as she helps her Amish grandmother run the family candy shop. It is filled with quirky characters that will soon feel like beloved friends after a book or two from the series! While you can definitely enjoy just this book without being completely lost in the series, you will miss out on tons of entertainment and character development if you don't start at the beginning! I dare you to try to read this cozy mystery series without breaking a smile or two!
the newest sweet treat in the Amish Candy shop mystery. Bailey is solving another mystery . She being both English and Amish shes sees what most people miss and this makes for a thrilling series with lots of twist and turns . Don’t miss this next book and give my recipe a try.