Cowboy Up

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 02 Aug 2019

A new series by Stacy Finz. I have read other books of hers and looked forward to this story! She delivered a great story. I love contemporary cowboy romances and that includes this book. Cash and Aubrey were well written characters. I loved reading how each handled instances of when life gives you lemons. I will be reading more books by Stacy and hope you will too!

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my open and honest review.
I loved this family drama cowboy romance. Aubrey and Cash are new neighbors and their first few encounters go not very well. But there is something that shimmers between them. Will they explore that spark or will Aubreys drama and Cash past prevent them to be together. A great read in which we see how Aubrey come to the realization what should the real love be. And Cash to forget his past move forward and find his new meaning in life.  Well written, funny summer romance that I enjoyed to read.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
Stacey Finz is one of my go to authors!  I can always depend on a wonderful story from her with wit and romance.  Her books always make me chuckle and sigh at the same time.  I always anticipate her books and are never disappointed!
I really enjoyed this book, but I didn't feel like it was the first in a series. Instead it felt like the second or third book in a series. I kept thinking that we should have known the brother's history from other books, but when I looked it up on here it was the first book in the series. So that brought it down to a 3 star for me. I think too much time was spent on on the siblings.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
Stacy Finz knows how to write small-town romances with lots of heart. With her new series, she gives us three sexy cowboy cousins who share Dry Creek Ranch.
You've got to love Jack. He's a great guy that just found out that he is the father of a 12 year girl named Ellie. He tries so hard to help his uprooted child who just lost her mother.
With the help of Aubrey, who is renting the cottage next door, the stubborn Jack finally begins to live again.
Aubrey is dealing with her own crud right now, dealing with the garbage gossip in a very small-minded and hypocritical town after "dumping" her jerk of an ex-fiance. People would be lucky to have a golden hearted friend as the tough as nails Aubrey. Together, she helps Jack and his daughter bond as well as finding a way to trust in love again.
I can't wait for the next story.
I received a reader copy thru NetGalley for my honest opinion
This is the first book in a new series by author Stacy Finz.  Set at Dry Creek Ranch in northern California, this is Cash and Aubrey’s story.  Cash is an ex-FBI agent living on the family ranch.  He just found out he has a twelve-year-old daughter.  Lots of funny situations, angsty situations, and heartwarming situations here.  Aubrey lives in the cabin next door.  Cash and Aubrey have chemistry, even though they don’t want the complications a relationship would bring.  Throw in Aubrey’s ex, a runaway, and some cattle rustling, and this story brings out the emotions.
Cowboy Up by Stacy Finz is the first in a new series:  Dry Creek Ranch.  Cowboy Up focuses on Cash Dalton, a former FBI agent who is still haunted by the victim of a serial killer who he was too late to save. He lost his job over the fiasco and has been sitting, drinking, on the porch of a cabin on the ranch he and his three cousins inherited recently from their grandfather. A few weeks ago he discovered he had a daughter from a one-night stand twelve years ago. Last week her mother died and left him with custody of twelve-year-old Ellie. Now his neighbor is yelling at him for holding target practice (sober) at dawn. Could life get better? Aubrey McAllister is the neighbor. She is renting an identical cabin from his cousin, Jace, the local sheriff. She has just broken off a 10-year long relationship and is letting the town think that the reason is Jace. It's not.

What a terrific read this was! This is my introduction to Finz' work and what a happy one, at that. Both are complex characters and the most complex is Ellie, who Finz has made typical for all parents in the world. Granted the kid has just lost her mother and discovered a father she knew nothing about, but she had attitude to high heaven and Finz portrays it perfectly. Fine one minute, snarky the next. The cell phone in her hand constantly. The crying. The hunger strike; trying to eat when no one notices instead . All perfect. Cash takes a while to work through his stuff but does it and helps Aubrey and Jace AND Ellie. Loved it. I recommend it.

I received a free ARC of Cowboy Up. All opinions expressed herein are solely my own. #netgalley #cowboyup
A stormy full on read. Both the main and supporting characters were intriguing, the author slowly builds their relationship from indifference to unstoppable, and it was lovely to read. I found the treatment of Aubrey and Jace horrendous and could never imagine being treated that way by the people who are supposed to care for you!
The introduction of Cash's daughter was perfect, it showed the tremendous efforts he goes to to make this little girl feel loved in such difficult circumstances. His protective nature really shines through with both Ellie and Aubrey.
This is a lovely story, and I can't wait to read more from the Dalton's.
I was so excited when I learned that Stacy Finz was starting a new series. Not that I don't love her other ones but I couldn't wait to see what she was going to come up with next.

I'm happy to say that she hit it out of the park for me. I just loved Cowboy Up. It gave us a new set of characters to love and a slightly different setting.

In Cowboy Up we meet the Cash and his cousins. I just love them. They are great, funny guys who protect their own. Cash's story is first and it's so good. I totally loved how he reacted to finding out he has a daughter. Not only does he find out about Ellie he's left with taking care of her without prior knowledge of her.

I think that's some of the best parts of this book. I enjoyed how Cash learned to be a father. Which Ellie didn't make easy. I got why she didn't, she's at the age of wanting to be independent but is way to young yet. Even with her resisting him he kept trying to make her feel safe even when she didn't feel that way.

Aubrey was so wonderful. Of course, how the town treated her is f*cked up. I mean, they knew her just as long as the a**hole so they should have known how they both were. It will take me a while to forgive them if ever. I have a long memory.

Now together Cash and Aubrey are wonderful. Yes, Cash is an idiot and doesn't see it right away but he gets a clue. Sometimes people have to be hit over the head to understand what they have. I liked how these two worked out their issues and how Cash always stood with her against the town.

It might have taken these two a bit to figure out what they wanted but I'm happy to say in the end it was love. What more can any of us ask for!
If you love a small-town romance with all the craziness, all the townsfolk knowing each other’s business, one nasty piece of work to loathe, one life-changing surprise, and two people who connect on levels they never expected — then you’re going to love COWBOY UP. Add to that lineup should you enjoy getting in on the beginning of a series then you’ve hit gold with this one.

Aubrey and Cash have chemistry right from the start, it shows in their bantering and maybe even in their annoyances with each other. Cash has been away from home long enough to not know all the talk of the town, so he’s not really sure why Aubrey is championing him or the situation he’s found himself in. When the rumors start flying, and the talk begins to have an effect on his family he’ll learn why – and return the favor Aubrey’s done for him.

It’s not easy to face down rumors, talking behind backs or outright lies, but both Aubrey and Cash need to do just that in order to find their way to each other. There is a villain who you will loathe and then some. An innocent young girl who has had her life turned upside down in a heartbeat. A man who has lost his direction only to find it in two females who will mean the world to him. And one brave woman who did what was the right thing fell in love with a man and his daughter and will fight tooth and nail to make them all a family full of love and hope for the future. Sure, there’s sizzle, some danger, but at the core, COWBOY UP is the heartwrenching tale of two people who life has thrown some nasty crap in their direction, yet who are finding their way to something, someone better than they ever expected.

I was easily caught up in the lives of Aubrey, Cash, and Ellie – and I’m definitely waiting to return to Dry Creek Ranch for more adventures with Jace and Sawyer. Love a good romance with intriguing characters and a love that nothing can stop? Then you’ll want to check out COWBOY UP for yourself. I’d not hesitate to recommend this one to any reader who simply loves a good love story.

*I received an e-ARC of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley. That does not change what I think of this story. It is my choice to leave a review giving my personal opinion about this book.*
Cowboys, Small Town Life, and a Mystery - Stacy Finz gives it all to you in Cowboy Up,
Cash Dalton's life was up in the air when he came back home to Dry Creek Ranch. Aubrey McAllister's life was up in the air when her friend Jace let her move into a cabin on the Ranch.  What happens with Cash and Aubrey will make you keep turning page after page.
Finz brings fans of western contemporary romance something to get excited about with Cowboy Up, the first in the new Dry Creek Ranch series.

Readers will love the well rounded, complex characters who move the story along with entertaining dialogue.  Cash and Aubrey give the small town something to talk about besides her recent breakup with the town's golden boy. Cash also learns he has a preteen daughter he never knew about. Can they find a home and their place in the world on Dry Creek Ranch?

I'm already excited about more from Dry Creek Ranch. I highly recommend this book to fans of the small town contemporary romance genre.

I read and reviewed a complementary copy of this book.
At first I thought Aubrey was an idiot for not telling people why she and Mitch broke up. Everyone was treating her so horribly!
But then I found out why and it made me even angrier!  Aubrey was getting treated like dog poop and she’s being the best kind of person!
So, while I was secretly wishing that most of the residents of Dry Creek fall into a deep pit, sparks start flying between Aubrey and Cash. But Cash is dealing with his own demons. Even when it comes down to the wire you want to give him a good smack upside the head.
This was a thoroughly enjoyable read!  5 stars!!
This book is a great beginning to the Dry Creek Ranch series.  The chemistry between Cash Dalton and Aubrey McAllister could start a fire.  Then there is Ellie, Cash's twelve year old daughter that is now living with him since her mom died from cancer.  Cash did not even know he had a daughter so they are both trying to adjust to each other.

I enjoyed Cash's sexy cousins , Jace and Sawyer.  They are quite close and living on the ranch they inherited from their Grandfather Dalton, who died four months ago.  Those are just some of the great characters in the book.  My favorite character is Aubrey who is strong, courageous and does not stand a chance around Cash.  She also has a horrible ex-fiance, Mitch who makes her life miserable.

This book was so good I could not put it down and read it in one day, only to be sad when it was done.  I am so glad there will be more books in the series. There is romance, intrigue, family crisis, lies secrets, affairs and so much more.  It is no wonder Cash has to face his demons, move on and build a home for his daughter, Ellie and as his cousin would tell him he needs to Cowboy Up.

I absolutely loved reading this book and would enjoy reading it again.  I received an advance copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.
First book in a new series. Cash is back in town and finds out he has a 12 year old daughter and she comes to live with him after her mother passes away. Ellie is having a hard time settling and audrey  the new neighbor helps cash redo ellies room. If you want to hear more read the book.

If I could I would give this 10 stars
Cowboy Up by Stacy Finz
Dry Creek Ranch #1

Cash Dalton and his cousins have inherited their grandfather’s ranch and though would rather sell the ranch to pay off back taxes his cousins, Jace and Sawyer, would rather keep it. How they will manage financially is a mystery in this book and remains a mystery at the end BUT with at least two more books for the cousins and perhaps one for someone named Angie a solution may be found before the series ends.

In this book we learn a bit about all three men but this story belongs to Cash. What do we learn about him?
* He had a big career in the FBI until something happened
* He just found out that he has a twelve year old daughter, Ellie, that he will be responsible for rearing from here on out
* He has a sense of humor
* He believes in “the truth”
* He is someone who has not put down roots
* He is HOT
* He is conflicted about a number of issues
* AND that he might fall for his neighbor, Aubrey McAllister

What do we know about Aubrey?
* She just broke off a long-term relationship with her fiance, Mitch
* She is considered to have wronged Mitch by all and sundry in their small town
* She is an excellent interior decorator-designer
* She knows what she wants
* She is spunky
* She gets along with Ellie
* She thinks Cash is HOT

Ellie is in a bad spot emotionally and really would prefer to stay in Boston so quite a bit of the story revolves around her feelings and how her new life in Dry Creek impacts her and others. We meet her cousins, Travis & Grady, Jace’s sons and she seems to like them well enough. She has a friend back in Boston she keeps in touch with. She misses her mother – a LOT. She is not warming up to Cash. AND she does a bit of soul searching before the end of the book. She also is sometimes wiser than her twelve years might expect her to be.

In addition to setting the stage for this series there are some secrets, a cattle rustling operation to suss out, decisions to be made by more than one, a romance, some secrets exposed, crimes perpetrated, libel, job futures to figure out and a few other issues that crop up.

Did I enjoy the story? Yes
Do I want to read more in the series? Yes

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Lyrical-Shine for the ARC – This is my honest review.

4 Stars
A great start to Stacy Finz newest series. I have really enjoyed her Garner Brothers and Nugget series and Cowboy Up feels like a cross between the two. The focus is on three cousins who have inherited their Grandfather's ranch in the small Northern California town of Dry Creek.

Cash is a former FBI agent whose life has been turned upside down by a difficult case, the loss of his job, and a twelve year old daughter he just found out about.

Aubrey is trying to rebuild her life and keep her career afloat after calling off her engagement. It hasn't been easy with all the small town gossip about her and why she ended things.

Cash and Aubrey are also neighbors and somewhat reluctant friends with the possibility of more. I really liked how their connection allowed them to open up about their struggles and concerns.

I thought the author did a nice job with balancing Cash's attraction and changing relationship with Aubrey and how he was trying to connect with his daughter Ellie. I was really rooting for both relationships to succeed.

The story is told mostly from Cash and Aubrey's points of view with a few scenes thrown in that let the reader know what some of the other characters are thinking.
Aubrey McAlister is nobody's favorite person in Dry Creek. She has committed the unforgivable sin of (gasp!) calling off her wedding to the most popular man in town. She has her reasons but is keeping them hidden in order to save the inevitable heartbreak for a friend who has already been through a lot. Her car is vandalized, her coffee may or may not have spit in it, and her job prospects have dried up (the downside of working for your fiancé). Basically, Aubrey's life is crap.
Cash Dalton knows from crap. He is a former FBI agent (the "former" part is not his own choice) and now he's in town trying to help his cousins keep the ranch that has been in his family for generations. Speaking of generations, it seems that Cash unknowingly contributed to the next-he apparently has a daughter whose mother never bothered to tell Cash existed. So he's dealing with his own crap and now the crap of a teenage girl whose mother died and now has to live with a man she was told didn't want her.
There was a lot going on in this book and I'm not sure it all really gelled for me. Finz is a fantastic writer but it might have been too many stories to fit into one book. The ending was fine but I have a feeling I will feel better after the next book (assuming we get to see more of Aubrey and Cash there.)

Three stars
This book comes out July 23
ARC kindly provided by Kensington Books and NetGalley
Opinions are my own
I really enjoyed this book, which starts a new series by Stacy Finz. I'm looking forward to reading the next two in the trilogy about the other Dalton cousins. Not sure when they will be out, since this one is set to be released on July 23rd, I believe. I received this book through NetGalley from the publisher and author in exchange for an honest review.
What great fun! A new town to fall in love with in Cowboy Up by Stacy Finz. The characters are genuine, the plot realistic and the dialogue flirty and witty. It is a refreshing and entertaining story.

Cash Dalton is a good man with burdens. When unexpected news arrives, he mans up like he did on his job as an FBI agent. Aubrey McAlister is a good woman who suddenly becomes the town outcast. The town people are normal; nosy, some good some not so good. Sounds like where I live, except I didn’t understand why no one would side with Aubrey after the famous break-up. Other than that fact, I truly enjoyed this story; part remaking your life, part family drama, part romance and even a little mystery. There were characters especially the other cousins that I hope get their story soon.

An ARC of the book was given to me by the publisher through Net Galley which I voluntarily chose to read and reviewed. All thoughts and opinions are my own.