Enough Is Enough

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Oct 2019

I ended up struggling with this book. I'm unsure if it was because it was on kindle but there were a few parts where the letters wErE lIkE ThIs. This was really irritating to me and I found it hard to read.

I am 100% for gun control so I found this to be interesting and very well put together. I think that this a book that should be a requirement in school, as well as some of those people up above that think we don't need gun control, though I don't think it will help.

The hard part for me is that this book, although well written and has many different ways to help, isn't going to do anything to change how this country is. All of this information is out there, but it still hasn't helped.

This book was gifted to me by Netgalley for a review.
I do really hope that this is a book that the school aged kids will get a chance to read. I think by that time, their minds have already been made up due to their parents' opinions, but at least it gives the students a shot at learning how this country goes.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to read this book I  exchange for an honest review.

I did not enjoy this book at all. There are a few different reasons why.

I do believe that it was informational however, the information was repeated excessively.
The author kept repeating the same facts over and over.

Also her "facts" bothered me. She claimed that Canada did not do imitation lockdowns. I live in a small town in the prairies and my kids do lockdowns numerous times per school year. If this fact isn't true it makes me wonder  what else might be false or exaggerated.

The set up of this novel was not executed well either. It jumps around far to much, thus making it hard to follow. It would talk about one thing, change subject and 3 pages later go back to original subject. There was absolutely no indication or reason why. It honestly read like a book that was full of brainstorming ideas rather then one cohesive thought.

I do think a book about gun violence/gun safety needs to be out there. However, I don't think this book is the one that should be out there.
This book was very informative and very well written. As a Canadian not knowing much about the us gun laws and overall much about guns I was able to learn a lot about them. Hearing from people who have experienced gun violence really put things into perspective.
A very timely book. Geared towards a younger audience, the book looks at gun violence in the United States. What it is, how it got to the present situation, and what can be done about it. I found the book to be interesting and easy to read.
Enough Is Enough is a timely and much-needed read that is relevant to current tensions on gun rights and gun violence that everyone needs to read right now. It addresses the ties between gun rights and gun violence. It's a very thin line that often blurs. Gun violence is prevalent in mass shootings the past few years but it is and has always been more in domestic violence and it needs to be addressed and stopped. Assault rifle bans and bump stock bans are a good step, but we must do more. Close the boyfriend loop is another. While we do need to do something about the uptick in gun violence and mass shootings lately, I'm not sure if gun control is the way to go ONLY because when we had gun control in the past, it was enforced and used to target people of color and rarely white folks who were able to obtain guns. There was a racial disparity that affected people of color, and that is not something we should go back to. If it weren't for the racial disparity, I would be all for gun control. (Yes, it may sound weird coming from a military brat, but civilians do not need nor have the proper training or psych evaluation for military grade assault weapons).
Aimed towards a young American audience, Enough is Enough is a guide book to what young US residents can do about gun violence. The author says it right at the beginning : as a young american, you can change the laws regarding gun policies in the US.

Divided in three parts, we learn about gun-related issues, how those same issues took roots in the country, and finally, what we can do to change that.

I expected a big book, with tiny letters and a thousand footnotes, and was pleasantly surprised to find out I was dead wrong about this. All the numbers and facts are illustrated, notably with charts that are easy on the eyes, and not only that, but throughout the book are scattered several interviews of american teens who are standing up to gun violence, which remind us that all those mass shootings were real, and that real people are doing something so that no more people die in such manners.

In the end, it was a pleasant read, about a dreadfully serious topic. Reading this is a great way to educate yourself to an issue plaguing the US, and learning how to do something about it, the latter point being, I believe, the main reason Ms. McCann wrote the book.

As a French adult, I felt like the author was not adressing me at all, which is kind of a shame. I know gun violence is horrible, and that the american youth is the next generation who will be able to act on the law to change it, but other persons than them care about this problem, even outside the US.

By reading this I wanted to educate myself to gun-related issues, and I did . Simply, the wording made me feel like a third wheel. This is clearly not adressed to me, but if you're between 15 and 25 and an american citizen, you'd probably benefit from reading this, and I look forward to see how this book might make young people get involved in political life to make the US a safer place for everyone !