Cover Image: An Amish Christmas Kitchen

An Amish Christmas Kitchen

A series of mini reviews: I started this but from the little I read it was somewhat like another Amish romance I read a while ago, and doesn't hold my interest. Amish lovers will enjoy this one though.
A very nice book collection. I’ve never read any book by these authors before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the stories and the characters.
These stories are great. Each story had it own unique story-line an characters. However what they had in common was the feeling it left you with after reading them. These stories left you feeling warm, fuzzy, wishing for the simplicity of Christmas, and most of all love and cherished. Which I believe we need it in a time like this. This is a great a book if you are looking for something uplifting and heart warming. Happy reading my friends!
This is a trio of sweet Amish stories that are surrounded by the joy and simple traditions of Christmastime. I have enjoyed reading books by Leslie Gould and Jan Drexler over the years. Kate Lloyd is new to me. These stories are nice and enjoyable for quick reads during this busy time of year.
Each author combines faith, romance and different holiday activities with interesting characters and challenges for this book. There are some yummy sounding recipes included too.
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for my copy.
Triple Delight!

Get ready to enjoy this book with three sweet Amish tales set at Christmas time.

An Amish Family Christmas by Leslie Gould

Noelle has been jilted by her fiancé, Jesse; and her mother, as well as, her bakery business partner has died. Now her older sister, Salome, demands shy Noelle take over the selling of the products at the Christmas market.  On her first day there, of all people, Jesse shows up working in a booth close to Noelle.  Additionally, Salome announces their annual Christmas gathering is cancelled.

Will Noelle stand up to Salome?  Can she clear the air with Jesse?  Answers to these questions, plus some surprising information will surface in this intriguing story.

An Amish Christmas Recipe Box by Jan Drexler

Ada has been trying to get Amos to notice her by making homemade cookies for him and his co-workers.  He ignores her while he gorges himself on her goodies.  Matthias, the new guy, thinks the world of Ada, but she only has eyes for Amos—who despite being Amish, is rude, lies, and chases girls.  Will Ada ever notice what she has right in front of her?

An Unexpected Christmas Gift by Kate Lloyd

After taking one of those on-line DNA tests to trace your heritage, Maria is shocked to discover she was adopted.  Even more surprising, she is related to an Amish Family!  She sets out in blizzard conditions to find her “roots”, only to end up crashing her car and going into a ditch.  Taken in by the Amish family she targeted as a possible relative, will they open up to a stranger, an Englischer, about family secrets?  Will knowing the truth make her happy?

All these mouth-watering stories are written from a Christian point of view, and each will draw you in to find out what will happen.  As a bonus, recipes are including for a yummy item from each tale (see them on the bookreadingtic blog).  I recommend this 5-star book who enjoy Amish stories that will touch your heart.
Bethany House Publishing through NetGalley has provided bookreadingtic with a complimentary copy of, An Amish Christmas Kitchen, for the purpose of review.   I have not been compensated in any other manner. All opinions expressed are my own, and I was not required, or influenced, to give anything but an honest appraisal.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
An Amish Christmas Kitchen is a collection of three novellas, each one written by a different author with the focus on Christmas time in an Amish kitchen.

"An Amish Family Christmas," written by Leslie Gould tells the story of while mourning and selling her family's traditional baked goods at the local Lancaster Christmas Market, a young Amish woman finds unexpected comfort and friendship.

Jan Drexler's "An Amish Christmas Recipe Box" is a sweet story of a shy Amish woman who uses her kitchen talent to woo a local Amish boy with her beloved recipes of Christmas cookies.

And Kate Lloyd offers "An Unexpected Christmas Gift," of a woman's unforeseen truth of her past and welcome invitation to an Amish family's table on Christmas.

All three novellas had multiple messages to take to heart for not only Christmas but throughout the year as well.

I received a free copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  This is my honest review in my own words.
Can 3 girls find love during Christmastime...?

I've waited awhile to read, An Amish Christmas Kitchen, I've had it on my Kindle since it released, but somehow it seemed fitting to read this book at Christmastime. So I waited, even though two of the three authors, Leslie Gould and Kate Lloyd, are favorite Amish fiction authors of mine, until now with snow on the ground and the smell of freshly made fudge floating through the house.

This novella collection was enjoyable to read on a cold and snowy day. The heartwarming stories chasing the cold back outside where it belongs. I liked all three of the novellas in this collection, not just from my favorite authors, but also from somewhat new-to-me author Jan Drexler. They are sweet,  easy to read, shorter than a full novel, like a cookie is to an entire cake.

If you are looking for a good holiday read for yourself or want to give a book to an Amish fiction loving friend An Amish Christmas Kitchen would be a great choice. You'll fall in love with the characters, find the Amish Christmas customs interesting, and be charmed by the variety of settings. Oh, and you'll seriously drool over the food mentioned. It's a good thing each story has an accompanying recipe because you'll be hungry by the time you finish the book!

(I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are entirely my own.)
What a fun way to get ready for Christmas by reading An Amish Christmas Kitchen and getting to read stories by familiar and new (to me) authors. I always enjoy a good novella collection, especially around the holidays. Centering around the theme of kitchens and baked goods got me even more excited to make Christmas cookies.
An Amish Family Christmas is a great story to show how gossip is usually incorrect and hurts those involved. Sometimes the hurt can be mended but not always.

An Amish Christmas Recipe Box is a fast-moving love story filled with sweetness to get you in the mood for Christmas baking.

An Unexpected Christmas Gift was a surprising story of how even in close-knit families we don’t always know everything.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher, Bethany House Publishers, through NetGalley. Any and all opinions expressed in the above review are entirely my own.
Great sit down and relax kind of book. I truly enjoyed these stories, they kept my mind busy on the story and made me relax for the afternoon. It is nice to immerse yourself into these stories.
"3 novellas in one book with have you wanting to read more. Each story delves into each characters life and the things they must overcome.
Leslie Gould's story bring the main character out of her shell, a friendship and forgiveness.
Jan Drexler's story show that main character that things are not as you want them to be and sometimes the gift is right in front of your eyes.
Kate LLoyd's story that the unexpected news the character receives bring her an unexpected place.
An Amish Christmas Kitchen is an anthology written by three authors.

An Amish Family Christmas (Leslie Gould)

The setting for this story is Lancaster County. This is a story of hope, grief, and forgiveness. Quote: “If we love we grieve. It cannot be helped (Kindle 9%). Quote: The challenge is not to close off our hearts to love. We have to find ways to embrace hope and joy in our lives (Kindle 9%). I learned there are more Hispanics in Lancaster County than Amish. I also learned about a blood disease somewhat common among the Amish called “Von Willebrand.”

An Amish Christmas Recipe Box (Jan Drexler)

The setting is Shipshewana, Indiana. Ada Weaver, Matthias Yoder, and Amos Hertzler work in the local furniture factory, Heritage Amish Furniture. Rose, Ada’s sister, dreams up a scheme for Ada to catch the man of her dreams. Because Ada bakes the best cookies she should have a campaign called the Great Cookie Campaign. A sure way to catch her man.

An Unexpected Christmas Gift (Kate Lloyd)

Maria, an Englisher, was on her way from Hartford, Connecticut to Lancaster County when her car slid in the snow causing a single-car accident. Isaac Stoltzfus, Amish, found her and took her to the Miller family. Maria had taken a DNA test and learned shed may be Amish. Her Amish dad didn’t want her and her English dad preferred her sister. I was pleased to see mention of Christmas as our Savior’s birth.

These authors are all new to me and I enjoyed all three stories. I recommend them as clean-wholesome reads for the Christmas season and to fans of the Amish. Readers will also appreciate the recipes included at the end of each story.

Disclaimer: I receive complimentary books from various sources, including, publishers, publicists, authors, and/or NetGalley. I am not required to write a positive review and have not received any compensation. The opinions shared here are my own entirely. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
An Amish Christmas Kitchen is a wonderful collection of 3 novellas written by bestselling Amish fiction writers to get your holiday season off to a special start. The three featured authors are Leslie Gould, Jan Drexler and Kate Lloyd. Each of these authors created a beautiful Christmas story that centered around a kitchen theme and to me the best possible ad-on with each novella is a recipe for you to make that comes straight out of the story.

An Amish Family Christmas by Leslie Gould

Noelle loves to bake for their local Lancaster Christmas Market. She and her sister Salome have been a team for this annual event for a while and Noelle has always done the behind the scenes part of the actual baking and Salome was the person that interacted with customers and made the in person sales. But this year, Salome is injured and Noelle finds that she must do both jobs, baking and selling despite her shyness. To make matters even harder at the Christmas Market, her old beau Jesse King has returned, and he will also be at the market so she can no longer avoid seeing him.

An Amish Christmas Recipe Box by Jan Drexler

Ada Weaver has been interested in one of the workers of her family business, Heritage Amish Furniture. Her sister Rose convinces her to do what she does best to woo him, and make special holiday cookies that she can bring in to all of the furniture makers to try and get their impression. She isn't having much luck getting Amos' attention, but her baking skills have built a friendship with the newest hire, Matthias Yoder.

An Unexpected Christmas Gift by Kate Lloyd

Maria and her sister took a DNA test and right before Christmas Maria learned that she was not related to her sister. She went to her father (her mother had died two years earlier) and found out that she had been adopted. In the middle of a blizzard Maria is traveling to try and find the connection that she found thanks to her DNA test. As she skidded and crashed her car, she finds herself taken in by a family that insists that she stay with them until the weather clears.

If you are looking for book to start off your holiday season, the three novellas in An Amish Christmas Kitchen will be sure to fill you with holiday cheer!
These  3 authors bring you stories that will tug on your heart by Leslie Gould, Jan Drexler, and Kate Lloyd. Each of these novella celebrate the season and family, love and the true meaning of Christmas. As each other bring there charcters to life and show them the way.
An Amish Family Christmas.
By Leslie Gould.

Noelle. Can God fill her with hope again? That was the story from her perspective. A lot of loss had happened to her, the man she thought she'd spend the rest of her life with left her or so she thought. She withdrew into a shell until life brought back a lot more that she thought she could handle. I loved her efforts in bringing her family together. I loved reading about how she learnt to stand up for herself.
Jesse filled with his own pain returned home and to the woman he loved. I loved reading about how he tried to make things better between himself and Noelle. His patience with her was remarkable.
I enjoyed reading about how they found their way back to each other.
One profound lesson I learnt is not to presume or listen to gossip but thrive to know the truth.

An Amish Christmas Recipe box. By Jan Drexler

Awwww Ada and Matthias.
Beautiful love story.

Ada has always taken Matthias as a friend while she was pinning over another. Mathhias has always liked her and sort her attention.
Love unrequited drove them together in this beautiful story.
I love reading about how he adored her even when she wasn't sure of herself. I loved Ada's beautiful heart and cheerful spirit.
Love is always worth waiting for, I loved the emphasis of that in this beautiful novella.
Everyone needs a sweet family like Ada's.

An Unexpected Christmas Gift by Kate Lloyd.

After taking a test, Maria's life toppled and she sort for answers in an Amish community where she met with a wonderful Amish family and her Beau Troy.
I enjoyed how the story unravelled and the love and beautiful community of the Amish people.
A wonderful story of love and second chances.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Netgallery for my honest opinion. All opinions expressed here are mine.
Although I enjoyed this book, it took awhile to get into it. I'm glad I stuck with It, because it turned into a very enjoyable read.
This book contains three short Amish romances, all taking place during the holiday season. I loved all three very much, so it is really hard to pick a favorite. All three stories had well developed characters and I came to know them and care about them as the stories progressed. The only author I had read of the three was Leslie Gould and her stories never disappoint. This was no exception. I am so excited to add two more Amish authors to my list. If you are looking for some quick and satisfying reads over the holidays, I highly recommend this book. Thank you to Netgalley and Bethany House for the copy. All opinions expressed are my own.
5 STARS:  5/5 stars for each novella
        Leslie Gould, Jan Drexler, and Kate Lloyd have all written heartwarming novellas centered around the Christmas season among the Amish and the kitchen which is the heart of the Amish home.  What Amish kitchen is complete without delicious food?  None, of course.  Baking, cookies, and holiday meals are important to each of the stories.  Each story made my mouth water as well as my eyes.  I honestly can not choose a favorite among the three novellas as I thoroughly enjoyed each of them.  I believe readers will as well.  Grab a cup of coffee and curl up with a warm blanket and prepare to be enchanted.
        I received a digital version of this novella collection from netgalley and Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest review.  I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are my own.
I really enjoyed reading all 3 novellas in this collection. All three authors did a wonderful job of creating the spirit of Christmas with a bit of romance for good measure. I haven't read many Amish stories for a while because I was tired of the same old stories, but these three were fresh and really drew me in. I loved the Christmas setting and all of the characters. The plots were well developed and even though they were novellas the stories were complete. As an added bonus there are recipes included at the end of each story. So grab a cup of hot chocolate and some whoopie pies and settle in for a great read.

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher with no expectations. All thoughts are my own.
First, I want to thank Leslie Gould, Jan Drexler, and Kate Loyd for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

An Amish Christmas is a book filled with three novellas’ celebrating the warmth of the seasons. In this book you will read Leslie Gould’s An Amish Family Christmas, Jan Drexler’s An Amish Christmas Recipe Box, and last but not least Kate Loyd’s An Unexpected Christmas Wish.

I absolutely fell in love with the cover of this book. It was one of the many reasons that captured my attention in wanting to read this book. The graphic artist captured the essence of the stories perfectly onto the cover. Not to mention the font and the placement of the tile and author were well done too. Kudos to the graphic artist on a job well done.

One sweet thing that all three of the authors did in this book was contribute one or two recipes at the end of their book. They really good too! I am a sucker for anything caramel! So, I may be trying the caramel icing that Leslie Gould mentioned!

Another thing that is common through the novella’s is you will see mention of God or bible verses.
Speaking of Leslie Gould her novella is called An Amish Family Christmas. Her novella was dedicated to her husband Peter who makes Christmas magical every year. This story pulled on my heart strings for all the heartache in the family that they have had.

Everything about the market run and owned by the family touched my heart. I myself love family run business and frequent them often.

As a reader I could not help smile when Holly and Noelle meet and you hear their story. It brought love into your heart it was just so sweet.

Jan Drexler’s novella is called An Amish Christmas Recipe Box. Boy after reading this story I am craving Christmas cookies and pies!! Not to mention all the meal prep she had to do for Thanksgiving! I wanted to jump in the story and join them for the festivities. Those ladies seem like amazing cooks and bakers!

I loved Matthias storyline how he wanted to be the man of the house now that his father had passed. However. his Mom still saw him as a boy!

There was a part in the story that I cracked up laughing! Someone came into the store looking for a rolling pin for her daughter. However, she does not bake. Ada gave a laugh and said maybe she wants to use it on her husband.

Ruth wrote this in the memory of Ruth Ann.

They saved the most incredible story of the three for last! The story that grasped my attention from the start and was fast paced until the end. A story that is in a different class above the others. Kate Lloyd’s The Unexpected Christmas Gift is the novella I am referring to. Never has an Amish book swept me off my feet as this one did. Great job Kate!

Rumspringa is a fascinating tradition to me in the Amish world. So, any storyline around that I find very intriguing. Hence the story of Maria trying to find out who her real mother is. There is a twist to the story that I never saw coming.

I learned something from Kate that I had not known prior. Amish don’t drive but Mennonites do.