Cover Image: Your Truth or Mine?

Your Truth or Mine?

As a debut novel this book is fantastic. Is is dark and original. It has plenty of twist and turns to keep the reader engaged and try to guess along the way. It is a story of love, lies and has an ending that is very hard to predict
Very well written thriller. It had me guessing the whole way through and I did not see the ending coming. I need more from this author asap.

I would absolutely recommend this book if you like to be surprised.
Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced copy....

Amazing! I absolutely loved it! Who would have thunk if if I didn’t keep guessing what’s happened in the story..just wow!

Looking forward to read more book from this author soon...
Your Truth or Mine is a really interesting debut novel.  I think for me this read more like a family drama/fiction than a thriller, for a majority of the book anyways.

The story begins with Ray, Mia’s husband, being questioned over the disappearance of Emily, a woman they both know.  From there we are taken through Roy and Mia’s marriage, family dynamics and lies and how everything begins to unravel.  You will not like a single character and it is very hard to pick a side but that doesn’t really matter here.  You will experience so many different feelings, it’s like being on an emotional roller coaster.

Where is the thriller then?  It’s definitely there and just comes at you, I did not see that ending coming!

I thought this was very well written and would be a good book club pick as there are so many things to discuss and dissect.

4 *
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

3.5* rounded up.

This opens with the police coming to question Roy about the disappearance of an assistant he has worked with called Emily. Immediately there are clues that Roy has been lying to Mia. Then the narrative flashes back a few months to Mia and Roy helping to host the wedding of Mia's sister in India.The author gradually describes the deceptions Roy practises on Mia, but also the secrets Mia has been keeping from him (and the truths about her childhood which she has not recognized). It is only at the very end that the facts surrounding Emily's fate are cleared up.

I found this engrossing and the steady drip-feed of revelations was not too irritating, especially as Roy was reluctant to come clean for obvious reasons and Mia was (intentionally or not) lying to herself about certain things. The Indian setting for the wedding and the depictions of Mia and Roy's relationships with their own and each other's parents rang very true. Neither Mia nor Roy was a likeable character, and (while this was linked to her childhood experiences) Mia seemed unnaturally determined to cling to her marriage, especially as she was continually being held up as a career-minded, independent woman.

I was kept guessing right until the end as to how the author was going to bring everything together and make sense of the various plot strands, but she managed it!
Your Truth or Mine? by Trisha Sakhlecha is an impressive debut.  Told from alternating perspectives in a 'he said/she said' format, I was fully engaged as a witness to the marital discourse of Roy and Mia Kapoor.

Roy and Mia entered into their marriage, as most do, believing that it would last forever.  But when a young woman is found dead, Roy becomes the prime, and only, suspect. The cracks in the marriage are fully exposed, and the secrets and lies hidden within are laid bare.  Is Roy guilty of the crime for which he has been accused, and what are the implications for this already fragile union?

This is an ambitious offering from a debut novelist that hits the mark as an engaging and thought-provoking read.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Pan Macmillan for the opportunity to read this ARC.
I want to thank Netgalley and the publisher for this arc in return for my honest review.

This was a well worth read, it had me engaged from the start to the end.

Please take the time and put this on your reading list, it will not disappoint.