Honoring Your Ancestors

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Aug 2019

What a wonderful introduction to honoring and building a relationship with one's ancestors!
Every aspect of this book is solid, practical, informative information, without stifling dogma.  The author writes from her experience with Catholicism, though she is an initiate in an ATR.  So, think European influence, with just a mention here or there of other cultures.

Everything is explained here, the why is always covered.  Setting up an ancestral altar. Tending to the altar. Feeding your ancestors. Building a relationship with them, and getting to the goal of it being reciprocal!  A very nice chapter of mediumship discussed, on knowing how to know when your ancestors are answering, different ways of communicating with them, how to know when they are answering (and no, you do not have to born with a caul) to be the only one who can receive ancestor guidance.

Ritual is explained, cleansing, offerings, foods, linens, celebrations

This book would not be in the New Age/ Spirituality section if it didn't have spells.
Yes, your ancestral court can be a HUGE bonus with magic and spells - they are invested you.  However, and there is always a however, this is an esteemed audience you are petitioning- the section on how to approach and the thought of how you will be received is worth the price of the book alone if looking for start veneration to help with your workings.

She even includes some sample spells - my favorite - 'A Spell to Learn Who Your Real Friends Are'

I am glad to have this on pre-order, and think that the material is suitable for student or adept, and could be passed on to/ worked with older children.

Special thanks to #NetGalley and #LlewellynPublishers  #HonoringYourAncestors   for offering me an ARC of this special book.  All opinions stated are my own.
This is an interesting introduction to the concept of veneration from a European perspective. As someone who studies the intersection of possibility, family genealogy spirituality it was especially interesting.
This book is a great introduction to  the world of ancestry and spirituality. It's engaging and thorough, which makes it an interesting read.
As a very, very new beginner to the world of ancestry and spirituality, I found this book to be the perfect introduction for learning how to honor my ancestors. Often, I find that honoring your ancestors is relegated to a brief paragraph in books that tackle other spiritual topics, but this author focuses in on each of the pieces that make this subject a vital and important part of any spiritual practice. I feel like the author included more than enough information to help anyone who is willing to include ancestors as a part of their daily lives and it was engaging to read about the ways the author has done so in their own practice. I found this book easy to read and fascinating to learn from. I look forward to seeing more published work from Mallorie Vaudoise in the future.

Thank you to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
An interesting and engrossing book. I learned new things, it gave me food for thought and it's well written.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
I found this book to be a thoroughly engaging treatise on the subject of honoring my ancestors. While I’ve never been one for “spells,” I felt that I could take what I liked and leave the rest… And there wasn’t much that I left. As someone who is just beginning the journey of claiming and discovering my ancestors stories, I found this book enlightening as well as practical. It is written well, in a warm conversational style that is highly readable.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
(Sorry for possible English mistakes!)
   Magic and your ancients people!!! This is magical handbook how to work with your ancestors from "the other side". Yes, there are general explanations about who are actually ancestors and there is one method how you can heal main trauma in your family lines but mostly from this book you'll get information how to approach this work in more traditional magical way. And so, here is presented how one can build altar, how to pray, how to do offerings, how to use plants...and finally how to do occult rituals with one "dictionary of spells" also...all this is from point of view which is connected with your ancestors. There are excellent insights, for ex. you'll understand why we can do magic in first place. Chapters about plants, offerings, prayer are also very interesting. One tip: be slow in reading with this one because text is kinda dense with valuable infos so if you hurry you might miss something! Little criticism: minority of spells are not very practical, that spell for good luck will give you good luck but be careful that you don't have good luck in being little "strange" to your friends and family when doing actual ritual.
   In general this is an very informative book mostly for folks who like magic and occult! Now do you remember that some of your ancestors was doing magical things? It can help...find in this book how's that.
   Thanks to Llewellyn and NetGalley for allowing me to review this book.