Cover Image: Below the Moon

Below the Moon

'Below the Moon' is a rich world of fantastic creatures that are in a desperate need of a cure, but will they agree to what ails them in time to save their world and all worlds.

Now I'll have to wait for the third in the series. Luckily, I can find the first and discover the beginning.
With thanks to Netgalley and Alexis Marie Chute productions inc.

Below the Moon is a good book that had me in tears sometimes. Even though this a second book in a series, it is still easy to follow.
Not sure if having read the first in this series (my mistake for not!) would have made it easier to grasp not only the story, but also an attachment to the characters.  Halfway through and I was not really engaged with any of them, although I will say Duggie-Sky was a favorite.  There are many great reviews of this book, so I will attribute my confusion and inability to sync with the characters to jumping in on this second in the series.  I would note, however, that Ella's illness and the quest of family and friends for her cure was a novel turn of plot.

Thank you to the author, Spark Press and Netgalley for allowing me to read and present an honest review.
I really enjoyed Ella, our main character, who didn't let her illness keep her down. She was quite an inspiration really.  The pictures also added a nice touch of fun into, what is really, at times, a tear jerker.
I didn't know this was a sequel when I requested it. Because of that, I never got around to reading it. It still sounds like a book I would enjoy.
This series is soooo good. I need the next one like now!! It was amazing and deserves all the love! It also needs more hype because this is just too good.
“I suspect no one ever becomes better at grief. It’s not like practice makes it easier.”
Title: Below the moon
Author: Alexis Marie Chute
Publisher: Sparkpress
Price: €17,99 (paperback)
Genre: YA, fantasy
I think I’ve never had the need to write a review so bad. I just finished this, a few minutes ago and I just needed to write this immediately.
In this story, we follow Ella. Ella is a teenage girl stuck in a parallel dimension, but that’s not everything: Ella cannot speak, because of her cancer that left her mute. Together with her mother, grandpa and boyfriend, she goes on an adventure, trying to find a cure for her illness.
But it’s not just Ella’s faith that’s being threatened: the faith of all the worlds is in their hands. An evil Star has thrown life everywhere in chaos. And it’s Ella who holds the key to this mystery.
From the moment I read the description ‘till writing this review, this book was an adventure, that’s for sure!
From reading the description, I could already tell this was a very great concept. Unfortunately for me, when I started reading this book, I found out this is actually part two in a trilogy…and I obviously haven’t read the first one!
I know that’s not my smartest idea, but I must say that even without reading the first book, Alexis Marie Chute managed to explain everything very good. I understood everything I needed to know (at least I think so).
Of course I don’t recommend to do this the way I did it, because, well, it’s kind of a stupid decision from me.
However, I think that even if I had read the first book, this is just a very confusing story. There’s a lot going on and you really have to pay attention. Otherwise you’ll probably be left with tons of questions!
In the beginning I, of course, needed to get into the story. I did understand the world and everything that happened pretty quickly, but the writing style had me a little confused for a little while as well. At first it seemed like I just couldn’t get into the writing style, but it really takes a bit of time. Once you’re on track, it really gets better.
At first I thought this book was a bit boring. It just felt like bothing was really happening, while there were definitely things happening, just not the action I hoped for.
But just like the writing style, the story got better and alongside being really confused at some times, I think you just have to let go of everything and just enjoy this weird, unique book!
I think the fact that Ella can’t speak is really interesting! I really liked Ella’s character, just like I liked the other characters. They all had pretty good relationships with each other and it just made this journey enjoyable!
Overall I think this book is just really weird! It’s one of the weirdest books I’ve ever read, but once you accept that and just let it fall over you, you’ll see the story is actually great! And that’s exactly why I give this unique story a 3.5/5!
Love,
Alissa
Below the Moon picks up exactly where Above the Star left off. I really enjoyed the world and all of the fantastical creatures in it. It's well written and has an amazing story line. I loved the writing style as it felt whimsical and romantic. This book blew my imagination and really hit me in the 'feels'. I loved the adventure, friendship and romance that this story offered!   I cannot wait to see where book 3 will take us next.
This is a lovely book with characters that will stay with you long after you turn that last page. I'm so glad I picked it up and found it difficult to put down. There's action, emotion, some tears, and a sense of adventure. I really enjoyed it.
I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoy this series because its kind of lighthearted even though it has a lot of intense emotions. But it took me way longer to get into this one than it did the first in this series. It's not that it was a bad book, I just felt too much of the first book was retold. I did love how the author put the drawings that Ella had done in the book. It made for a unique read. It was an interesting book with a story plot that I have not seen told before. .I am not sure what I would do if I woke up and couldn't speak.

Thank you to the author, netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this title.
Gorgeous book with a strong voice and a poignant message. Absolutely beautiful - you will not be able to put it down. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for a good, engaging read!
Another sweet, compelling read in the second book in the Trilogy by Alexis Marie Chute. This is such a creative series that tackles some intense issues including debilitating illness, intense relationships and most of all love. How much are we willing to give or sacrifice for the chance to save someone we love? This is at the heart of this series. Part two is even better than the first book and is hopefully a platform to lead into the conclusion to the Trilogy due out next year. For anyone who adores fantasy with some reality thrown into the story, this is for you.
Also for those looking for a little magic and a cure for what ails you, this is highly recommended.

#BelowTheMoon ##NetGalley #AlexisMarieProductionsInc #SparkPress #StreetTeam
Even though this was a second book from this author, I actually enjoyed reading it, and didn't really mind that. I am quite quick at picking up previous stories, in earlier books, so it was fine for me, to read number 2.
I love teen adventure books, and Ella Wellsley, was a very heroic person, as far as I was concerned.
Considering that she was mute, from cancer, and very I'll, Ella with her mom, grandpa, and boyfriend, were determined to find a cure for her illness. Even if it meant, finding themselves in a dangerous world.
I thank the author Alexis, the publisher, and NetGalley, for allowing me, to read this very excellent book!
Thank you Netgalley and Publishers for granting me early access to "Below the Moon".

I'm currently in the middle of a major move, and will definitely come back at a later time and write out a full review and rating.

Thank you so much!
Entertaining read , strong lead characters, well written and engaging, my only criticism is it was a lit slow to start, but once it got going it was worth the patience.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
When I requested this, I didn't realise it was a sequel, which definitely added to the 3-star rating (why doesn't Netgalley always say when books are in a series??). But despite this, I actually enjoyed it a fair amount. It took me a while to get into and work out what everything was and everything that was going on, but once I figured it out, the adventure was a fun read. Ella's character was strong and she's been through a lot but that made her even stronger and I loved Luggie - cute!! It was a fairly average read but still an enjoyable one!
Unfortunately, this is a DNF for me.

I was only able to read 3% (Kindle reading) of the book when I could no longer continue.

The first several pages were nothing but info dump, back story, telling, and numerous character introduction/names and place names that held no meaning and quickly became confusing.

It would have been much better had the author focused on developing the relationship between the two main characters straightaway, then gradually give us the backstory as the relationship progressed. Or she could have begun the story in media res when they snatched the one character from his homeland and away from his sister so the reader could LIVE and experience the action and emotion alongside the characters.

It's like someone sat me down and said, "Here, let me tell you this story about ..." and muddled their way through from there. I felt disconnected and could gain no emotional attachment to anyone. The confusion with numerous names only added to my ire.

In order not to embarass the author, I will not post my review on Goodreads or Amazon.

Despite the above, I appreciate NetGalley and the publisher giving me the opportunity to read this ARC.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from SparkPress via Netgalley

Below the Moon is a rich world of fantastic creatures that are in a desperate need of a cure, but will they agree to what ails them in time to save their world and all worlds.

This a really well written, descriptive young adult novel.  It is completely different to anything that I have read before.
Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this book. Maybe as I've not read the first. I found a lot of the names and terminology difficult to get my head around. Certainly as a MG or YA book the audience will need to have read book one. I don't feel this could be read otherwise. The plot has good premise and it truely is unlike anything else I have read before, just not one for me I'm afraid.
4/5 ⭐️
This book was really really enjoyable! I’ve never actually read a book with a mute mc before so that was refreshing. There were so many good quotes in this, I jotted a few down. This is the second book in the dueology so it was a tad confusing at times.