Below the Moon

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Nov 2019

I received a free digital copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoy this series because its kind of lighthearted even though it has a lot of intense emotions. But it took me way longer to get into this one than it did the first in this series. It's not that it was a bad book, I just felt too much of the first book was retold. I did love how the author put the drawings that Ella had done in the book. It made for a unique read. It was an interesting book with a story plot that I have not seen told before. .I am not sure what I would do if I woke up and couldn't speak.

Thank you to the author, netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this title.
Gorgeous book with a strong voice and a poignant message. Absolutely beautiful - you will not be able to put it down. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for a good, engaging read!
Another sweet, compelling read in the second book in the Trilogy by Alexis Marie Chute. This is such a creative series that tackles some intense issues including debilitating illness, intense relationships and most of all love. How much are we willing to give or sacrifice for the chance to save someone we love? This is at the heart of this series. Part two is even better than the first book and is hopefully a platform to lead into the conclusion to the Trilogy due out next year. For anyone who adores fantasy with some reality thrown into the story, this is for you.
Also for those looking for a little magic and a cure for what ails you, this is highly recommended.

#BelowTheMoon ##NetGalley #AlexisMarieProductionsInc #SparkPress #StreetTeam
Even though this was a second book from this author, I actually enjoyed reading it, and didn't really mind that. I am quite quick at picking up previous stories, in earlier books, so it was fine for me, to read number 2.
I love teen adventure books, and Ella Wellsley, was a very heroic person, as far as I was concerned.
Considering that she was mute, from cancer, and very I'll, Ella with her mom, grandpa, and boyfriend, were determined to find a cure for her illness. Even if it meant, finding themselves in a dangerous world.
I thank the author Alexis, the publisher, and NetGalley, for allowing me, to read this very excellent book!
Thank you Netgalley and Publishers for granting me early access to "Below the Moon".

I'm currently in the middle of a major move, and will definitely come back at a later time and write out a full review and rating.

Thank you so much!
Entertaining read , strong lead characters, well written and engaging, my only criticism is it was a lit slow to start, but once it got going it was worth the patience.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
When I requested this, I didn't realise it was a sequel, which definitely added to the 3-star rating (why doesn't Netgalley always say when books are in a series??). But despite this, I actually enjoyed it a fair amount. It took me a while to get into and work out what everything was and everything that was going on, but once I figured it out, the adventure was a fun read. Ella's character was strong and she's been through a lot but that made her even stronger and I loved Luggie - cute!! It was a fairly average read but still an enjoyable one!
Unfortunately, this is a DNF for me.

I was only able to read 3% (Kindle reading) of the book when I could no longer continue.

The first several pages were nothing but info dump, back story, telling, and numerous character introduction/names and place names that held no meaning and quickly became confusing.

It would have been much better had the author focused on developing the relationship between the two main characters straightaway, then gradually give us the backstory as the relationship progressed. Or she could have begun the story in media res when they snatched the one character from his homeland and away from his sister so the reader could LIVE and experience the action and emotion alongside the characters.

It's like someone sat me down and said, "Here, let me tell you this story about ..." and muddled their way through from there. I felt disconnected and could gain no emotional attachment to anyone. The confusion with numerous names only added to my ire.

In order not to embarass the author, I will not post my review on Goodreads or Amazon.

Despite the above, I appreciate NetGalley and the publisher giving me the opportunity to read this ARC.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from SparkPress via Netgalley

Below the Moon is a rich world of fantastic creatures that are in a desperate need of a cure, but will they agree to what ails them in time to save their world and all worlds.

This a really well written, descriptive young adult novel.  It is completely different to anything that I have read before.
Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this book. Maybe as I've not read the first. I found a lot of the names and terminology difficult to get my head around. Certainly as a MG or YA book the audience will need to have read book one. I don't feel this could be read otherwise. The plot has good premise and it truely is unlike anything else I have read before, just not one for me I'm afraid.
This was an excellent read, worthy of attention. Entertaining and poignant, I couldn't put it down. I will be reccomending this book!
4/5 ⭐️
This book was really really enjoyable! I’ve never actually read a book with a mute mc before so that was refreshing. There were so many good quotes in this, I jotted a few down. This is the second book in the dueology so it was a tad confusing at times.

For some reason it took me a long time to get into the story. I haven’t read the first book so that could be why, but I did download it on kindle to check it out. About 75% through the story I really got hooked and couldn’t stop reading and now I need book 3 to find out what happens.

I loved how the author put in little drawings that Ella drew throughout the book. She also put a glossary if characters and other important aspects at the end along with a cool alphabet in the different languages. This was a very unique touch.
The Quick Cut: A teen girl looks for a cure after a cancer left her mute in a parallel dimension.

A Real Review:
Thank you to SparkPress for providing the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

What would you do without the ability to talk? We have a tendency to speak so much, but rarely take moments to consider other's situations. If we were to suddenly find our speech gone, would we focus more on what's happening around us or instead become desperate to get it back? This is the situation Ella is in with the story of "Below the Moon".

Ella has been through a battle, but she has another one coming. Having been left mute by cancer, she is searching for a cure to her condition with her mom, Grandpa, and boyfriend. Together, they must overcome their pasts in order to find the cure she needs and save the planets in the process. Can it be done without losing what they have or their bond to each other?

Chalk this one up to a case of mismatch, but this book has definitely vexed me. No matter how much I tried to get into the material, it seemed like it bounced around a little plot wise and I had a hard time keeping track of what was going on. It definitely has a unique writing style that many seem to enjoy, I'm just not one of them.

My rating: 2 out of 5
I really enjoyed looking at the cover and, reading the description. I would totally recommend this book to anyone who asked which book to read. I would love if the cover had a few more designs that have to do with the actual story. Maybe you could put the main character under a moon in the picture with the other designs of your choosing like maybe a few decorative trees and flowers and bushes and then maybe in the sky, you could put those designs you have on the cover right now. Although, in all, I really enjoyed looking at the cover, reading the description and thinking over, how those two things make me feel.
This book is not like anything else I have ever read and I thought it was great!!! you will need a box of tissues but it is a great and quick read thanks so much to netgalley and the publishers for this book for an honest review,
This is a really amazing book. It is completely different to anything that I have read before. It’s really moving and beautiful and I have to say I shed quite a few tears throughout this book. It’s amazing. .