Alien Superstar (Book #1)

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Sep 2019

A young alien makes his way to Earth. He lands in the perfect spot -- Universal Studios in CA. It isn't long before he is cast in a show about aliens for kids. Buddy learns lessons about friendship and being yourself....even when you have six eyes, three lungs and suction cup feet!

Until I read a review copy of this book, I had no idea Henry Winkler writes children's books! This was such a cute story with excellent life lessons (and corny jokes) for kids that I am sure I will be reading more of the books he writes with Lin Oliver! So cute!

Some of the story and humor was repetitive, but this is a book written for middle school children, not adults. I read it as such and enjoyed the fun antics and silliness. It was a nice palate cleanser after the heavier adult fiction I usually read. This story definitely put a smile on my face. I think elementary age kids would definitely enjoy Buddy the Alien and his rise to fame.

Cute story! I will definitely be reading more by this writing duo!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Abrams Kids via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**
Aliens, viral videos, red carpets, limos and jokes galore… What’s not to love? The first book in a new series about an alien who escapes his home planet and lands in Universal Studios is funny and fresh. Giving himself the human name, Buddy, the main character tries to find a way to fit in on planet Earth  by befriending Luis and Cassidy, and by attempting to hold a job as an actor. The characters and their friendships are enjoyable and the story is a FUN READ. I could see reluctant readers getting into this story and wanting more, more, more as the books in the series continue to be released.