Beauty Inside Out

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

"Escape the trap of comparison and learn to feel confident with Beauty Inside Out" this sentence made me want to read this book despite it clearly being a religious book which is not usually my cup of tea. But on the other hand, I thought that it might be an interesting perspective on this issue.

However, I should have known better, for me, it was way too religious, to the extent that I could not really focus on the book.

I do not think that this is a bad bood but that I'm not the right audience for it and I should have known better before picking it up.
In today's society the pressure for women to achieve extremely high beauty standards seems to be at an all time high. These standards create internal conflict for women as many try to achieve these unattainable standards. The book focuses on skin care, makeup, hair and the spa. In Beauty Inside Out the author provides 21 devotionals along with themed Bible readings, easy-to-understand scriptural applications and provoking questions for reflection.  I really think that women of all ages can benefit from this book and learn from the devotionals for a spiritual makeover. Thank you to Netgalley and Broadstreet Publishing Group LLC for an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
I received an digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.

I enjoyed reading this devotional.
In today's social media saturated world, the pressure on young women to reach unattainable beauty standards has never been greater.  This 21 day devotional is made for these women - in fact women of all ages would benefit from the wonderful biblical wisdom within the pages of this book.

The book is divided into four sections, each containing 5 daily devotionals.  The sections are:  skin care, makeup, hair and the spa.

The devotional for each day includes:

*   an encouraging devotion
*   themed Bible readings
*   easy-to-understand scriptural applications
*   inspiring questions for reflection

This is not a quick fix devotional, to do it fully will take between 20 to 30 minutes a day, but how worth it.
I cannot recommend this devotional highly enough, it is something so many of us need in our image obsessed age.  Whether you buy it for yourself, your daughter, friend or grand daughter, I think women of all ages could benefit much from the spiritual makeover contained within these 21 days.

I received an advance review but my review is independent and honest.
A+ for establishing a theme and sticking to it! Beauty Inside Out is a series of 21 devotions specifically for women; dare I say, young women. From skin to makeup to hair to the spa, four weekly themes are supported by daily devotions incorporating concepts such as exfoliate, lipstick, hairspray, and pedicure.

I love the format of each day, which features devotion points as ‘beauty insider tips.’ There are also daily reflections (various Bible verses and thought-provoking questions) and real-life application guidelines. These devotions are very biblically based, and point the reader towards scripture to discover the truth regarding what God says about feminine beauty.

The book will resonate with any woman who has ever thought about her skin or hair – which means all of you! I would definitely recommend this for high school and college small groups, where young women can discuss the concepts with each other.

I have a teenage daughter and know first-hand what social media tells her about the world’s view of beauty. It’s fantastic to have a solid resource for allowing her to gather and contemplate God’s view on that subject. And while I have not yet posted on this particular book, I blog at www.Patch405.com on a variety of topics including the role Jesus Christ plays in my life.

I received an advance digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.