The Christmas Keeper

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 29 Nov 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this swoony holiday story!  Best friends starting a romance book store in North Carolina, complete with requisite fiesty animals, horses, kittens, and even a rooster!  More, more, more in this series, please!
Fun book in this series. I enjoyed the characters, and their story. It was a fast, cute read as the second in the series.
I really enjoyed this second book in the series. The heroine and hero both have their insecurities and do well to help each other and make each other better. The subplot featuring a reclusive romance novelist was great, too.
If there is any book out there that SHOULD be a Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel it is THIS book. What a wonderful read! I have fallen in love with McKinlay's cozy mysteries but am absolutely OBSESSED with her romances. She writes swoon worthy men that quickly steal your heart and heroines that any woman can relate to! I highly recommend it!
I didn't care for this one as much as I liked the first one in this series.  However, I did get teary-eyed at parts, which shows how great the writing is.  I liked the characters.  I just felt that some parts of the plot were too predictable and other parts were too unlikely.  I look forward to reading more by this author.  Her books are some of my favorites!