A Voice as Soft as a Honey Bee's Flutter

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 24 Sep 2019

Such a cute childrens book that talks about God and puts Gods voice into a concept most can understand. Read to my son and he loved it. It took maybe 5 minutes to read but it's worth every second.
I loved this book! It was simple, yet beautifully illustrated. It may take 5-10 minutes to read. It is a perfect bedtime story that talks about God. I loved how the little boy kept saying BE STILL----bee = be. Be still and Know that I am God. Wonderful, simple, short story.
An interesting story based on a true event in the author's life. How a young boy, the son of a preacher learned to love the God's word in biblical verses, and in his thoughtful times learned to discern a small voice in his ear. "Be Still".
The watercolour drawings freshen up the story and capture the mood as the illustrations bleed emotion into the scenes.
The voice throughout is pictured as a honey bee with thr soothing words "Be still".
I'm not sure if there is a link here, or if it is deliberately avoided as it is based on God's revelation in Psalm 46. but I could not help using the shorthand Bee Still. Not to devalue the spiritual message but the story seems to shout "Bee Still".
What I liked was the introduction and the impact Junior's journey had not just on him but his neighbourhood.
A simple tale of rich promise and God's blessing with a honest faith faith and response from a young man atuned to the world around him and God's role in it today.