On Flowers

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 14 Oct 2019

This beautiful book by Merrick is a wonderful way to introduce someone to the joys of enjoying flowers without needing to buy fancy arrangements or expensive blooms. While Merrick's own arrangements are stumping, this book celebrates flowers in every form, including wildflowers, weeds, and the pre-made bouquets at the grocery store.

Lovely pictures, unfussy advice, and plenty of great ideas make this book a winner.
A beautiful book, highly recommended. With fascinating photographs, collages, and text, Amy Merrick tells stories and tells you all about flowers and flower arranging. She clearly loves nature, and she sees a humble dandelion as on par with expensive blooms in fancy floral shops in the city.

The book is well-designed and organized. Use of retro typeset, found objects, and retro prints give the book an interesting and pleasing tone. The lovely stories and lists of things to do are charming and give the book a whimsical yet intimate feel.

I loved this book! Thanks to the publisher for an advance copy. Congrats to the author on a wonderful book.
This book was an absolute treasure, and the author Amy Merrick, wrote it in such a way, in that it will be something to keep, and pass down, to future generations, who also have an interest, in the beautiful, and unique flora, of the world.
Her photos were beautiful, her flower arrangements were exquisite, and her knowledge, and travels, throughout the world, were an added bonus!
I was first attracted to Amy's book, firstly-by the cover, and secondly-by the description. The cover is so gorgeous, and being a plant person myself, I just couldn't resist, and I was definitely won over, by the intriguing description.
So much so, that I have already pre-ordered my very own copy, and I cannot wait to receive it! If anyone asked me to recommend a craft/floral arranging/hobby book, then this would be the one.