The Bible Untangled

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Dec 2019

This is a unique and interesting book!  While I believe it is over my head and complicated, nonetheless, I find myself coming back to it and just find this an interesting read. While I have not yet finished reading it, it is a work of art, and  I am slowly making my way through it. Fascinating!
I fear I am not the target audience for this book, though the blurb does say it is suitable for "scholars and other readers".  I am definitely an-other reader, and one that is interested in studying the source texts of the bible, so i really thought this was a book that would be of interest to me.

It may be a short coming of the digital galley copy that I received as a review copy, and i will take a look at the paperback once released, however just reading the first section had me totally flummoxed, let alone trying to understand the parallel texts.  I think I am simply not scholarly enough or advanced enough to understand this books experiment to test the documentary hypothesis.

I gave given the book a mid rating as I am assuming my struggle is more an issue of me not being scholarly enough, than the book being at fault.

This book is published on 8 July.