Cover Image: I Dare You

I Dare You

A chilling read that kept me up well into the night reading. I look forward to Samantha’s next book. Thank you to NetGalley for the advice readers copy.
Woah. This was a good book well written and solid story. I felt a little annoyed with one aspect of the book and that part seemed a little unbelievable for me but it was a good read. I’d definitely read this author again.
What an incredible read. It was gripping from the start. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more from Carrington
An intense, suspenseful novel that will leave you hooked as you read along from beginning to end. I enjoyed this one, and am sure you will too. Great character development, and a great plot. Definitely recommend.
I really, really enjoyed this novel. Gripping and unputdownable it kept me guessing and turning the pages into the night. Highly recommended.
Thirty years ago, the kids of Mapledon would play a game where they would torment the village outcast, Billy Crawley. One day while playing this game, a girl disappeared. Billy was convicted of her murder even though her body was never found.

Now, Thirty years later, Billy Cawley has been released from prison and some weird things are happening.
This story surprised me. I thought I already guessed the real killer yet in the end, I was absolutely shocked.

I feel sorry for Anna because she has been bullied. I have a hunched with who Lizzie is and I'm happy that I was correct.

My heart goes to Billy. He didn't deserve to be judged and to be in prison for something that he really didn't do.

I love how the events unfold and kudos to you Miss Sam Carrington, you did a great job with this story!

Thank you to Avon Books UK and Netgalley for the ARC!
I Dare you is the type of book that chills you to the bone and makes you hope and pray that you'll never have to face something as horrific as what plays out in this book.

During the summer of 1989 10 year old Jonie Hayes 'disappears' after a game of dares goes wrong.  Her close friend Bella is quick to implicate the town misfit 'Creepy Cawley' and the situations spirals from there and life suddenly moves on.  However, jumping ahead to the present day the villages does not appear to have moved on from Jonie's murder and disappearance.  Perhaps, due to the fact that her body has never been recovered.  Bella, who now goes by the name Anna, is drawn back to the village when Cawley is released from jail and strange goings on appear to be targeting her mum.  In, the meantime, journalist Lizzie arrives looking for answers but what is her strange connection to the village?

Is everything as it seems?

Overall I found that I was desperate to find out what happened to Jonie and I kept reading on and pretty much suspecting everyone in the story - a sign that I was well and truly hooked.  This is a pretty enthralling read and I'd highly recommend.
Omg.......... this book was amazing I could not put it down I enjoyed it so much it's one of them books that keeps you hooked and on the edge of your seat so many twists and turns I was getting dizzy I loved it well done definitely worth a read but one you start you just can't stop so be warned
I seem to be going against the majority of reviewers in finding this very disappointing. The characters were not very well drawn and the writing poor. The split timeline was bad enough, but the earlier one being in reverse was just irritating. Books like this just seem to me to be chaeting by the author as they reveal the answers little by little with proper plot development at all
WARNING SPOILERS
I also found the idea that Cawley would spend 30 years in clink when he knew the real killer just laughable and I'm glad I skimmed most of the book to get to the end.

Sorry, not for me.
This was a superb thriller set in timelines of thirty years apart.  In 1989 when a young girl goes missing,, a resident of the village, whom children have given the nickname Bill ‘creepy’ Cawley is arrested on suspicion of murder.  He is released after 30 years in jail and strange things start to occur in the locality.

The characterisation is great and I loved the growth of the book to an unexpected finish.  A great read and very well written.
My thanks to Netgalley and Avon Books Uk for a copy of “I dare You “ from Sam Carrington.

I found this book to be a well written , suspenseful psychological thriller that kept me guessing to the end.
I loved the village setting, and the development of the characters
I would definitely recommend this to others and will be reading more from this author in the future.
First book that I have read of Sam Carrington and I loved this thriller. For sure I wasn't expecting that ending. Will be checking out other books by him.
This was fabulously crafted and twisted as Bill  ‘Creepy’ Cawley   (come on, the name alone is worth an extra star) is released 30 years after a horrendous crime involving two young children in a small town.  Told from both 1989, when it happened, and today, in the typical short chapters, we realize the 1989 narrator is telling the tale in reverse, making it even more intense and enthralling.  I had no idea of the truth and the ending had me gasping!
In 1989 Bella and Jonie are 10 years old and best friends.  They live in the village of Mapledon and along with other children in the village play a game where they taunt the local ‘weirdo’ Bill ‘Creepy’ Cawley.  One day Bella runs home and informs her parents and the police that she saw him dragging Jonie into his truck.  Jonie has never been seen again and her body was never found but Cawley was convicted of her murder due to Bella’s testament.  Bella, now known as Anna, left the village and her nightmares behind and is now married to Dom.  It is now thirty years later and Anna receives an urgent telephone call from her mother that takes her back to Mapledon.  Cawley has recently been released from prison and all the village fear that he will return.  The story goes back and forth between 1989 and the present day and we learn that all the villagers have been harbouring secrets and the story of Jonie’s kidnapping is gradually revealed.  This is a tense thriller with so many twists and turns and a totally unexpected ending.  I haven’t read any of this author’s previous books but I will certainly be looking out for them.  A highly recommended read.
Thanks to a Netgalley and Avon for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
My first read from Sam Carrington and I loved loved loved it. Flew through this in an afternoon and evening and could not put it down. A brilliant thriller set in a quaint and isolated English village. Thanks to the publisher and netgalley for the arc.
II received this ARC book from Netgalley for honest Review.

What a great thrill and suspense it was to read. What a great psychological thrill! This novel had everything in it. The thrill, the suspense, the psychological, and the twist is crazy. This novel will keep you thinking and guessing. When you think you right, well let me just say that you might be wrong. This had me all over the place. My heart beating so fast! I couldn't believe what I was reading. If had me in shock. Every page, every chapter was a page turner. I couldn't believe my eyes what I was reading. I highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. It will surprise you in every way.

The storyline was very good!
The theme and setting was well put together. The characters was well put together in the story.
This story will have in a rollercoaster with all the spooky and secrets. Was so well put in the story.
Everything all in one book.
It was just perfect!
I highly recommend everybody get this and read it.
What a great read! This had me hooked from the beginning. What a Rollercoaster! The sitting, theme, and the Characters had me pulled so in. Everything was well put together and it was just perfect. This novel would have you guess and thinking all the way to the end. What a great thrill and suspense. I love a great suspense that would have me think and guessing. This novel did just that to me. To the point that am wrong. When the ending comes am on shock. I wouldn't of never believe or guess. Like OMG!
Highly recommend everybody get this book and read it. Its so good!
Can't wait for her next book.
#netgallery
I haven’t read a book by this author before, but wouldn’t hesitate to read another!
This was a great book, filled with suspense and twists.
30 years ago, Jonie Hayes disappeared while playing with her best friend Bella Fisher. A local outcast, Billy Cawley was arrested and charged with the murder, but he is now due for release from prison.
Anna travels back to the village she grew up in when her mother calls and asks her to visit, what she discovers there changes the lives of many of the villagers.
I have to confess that I had an inkling of what had happened towards the end, but really enjoyed the drama along the way.
A brilliant thriller/mystery book.
I dare you was a suspenseful, eery book that had me guessing until the very end. The premise is that a young girl goes missing and the blame falls upon a likely suspect... but did they really do it? 30 years later and the imprisoned man is released, things start to go amiss but who is to blame?
If you are a fan of creepy, suspenseful whodoneit stories this is definitely one for you!
An interesting, gripping book – why have I never read anything by this author before? I will be rectifying that.
An unpredictable story full of twists and turns, full of excitement that kept me hooked and not wanting to put this book down. Taking some time to get going, I enjoyed this more than I usually would.
Being told between two time periods, with storylines being interwoven and various characters POV keeps it interesting I enjoyed this and never found it confusing at all which has been a problem in other books of this genre.
 A well written and thrilling book, Id highly recommend.