Stuffed

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Nov 2019

I read this book with my 9 year old son and we both loved it. The story drew you in from the beginning and kept a hold of us the whole time. Fantasy with a tiny bit of scary it was perfect for my son!
I absolutely loved this book. I was sucked in from the beginning but was still surprised at where the book went. At first, I just thought it was so sweet and I loved how much this kid loved his stuffys. It definitely had some creepy elements that were awesome. I think fans of Toy Story would love this book because it has similar elements, but I think it’s better than Toy Story personally.
This book was adorable!! Students in my elementary school will LOVE this one. Then they will tell their friends and there will be a huge holds list. I can see it already. This book was fun, completely goofy in a good, fantasy way and totally unique. I loved Foon and kind of want to make my own stuffy right now (yes, I,m 49 so don't tell anyone I said that). This book is a breath of fresh air. I cannot wait to purchase this one! Reluctant readers will love this as well.
This book was received as an ARC from Disney Book Group - Disney-Hyperion in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was not sure what to make of this book when I first hears about it because it is Disney-Hyperion and on the cover was a picture of a really cute stuffed monster. But, when I read the book, I knew I was in for a big shocker. I am a huge fan of stories that bring to life toys such as all the Toy Story movies but I loved how this one focused solely on stuffed animals. Clark has a passion and his passion is way too young for him causing chaos in his life including the capturing and endangerment of his father. It's up to his stuffed animals to save him including his new sock toy that his grandma made for him so it has that special family touch that is needed to save Clark's father. This book is a great example of how special simple toys such as stuffed animals can be in someone's life because of the memories they hold and the places in our hearts they hold too no matter what your age is.

We will consider adding this title to our JFiction collection in our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.