Cover Image: Bound for Murder

Bound for Murder

This is another good entry in the series. Not as great as previous installments but I love this series and this author. Everything she writes is always worth the read. I adore these characters.
A great cosy ,mystery thats left me wanting to go back and start this series from the beginning (this is book 4) a good stand alone read too!
I had to DNF and was not able to finish before the archive date.
Thank you Netgalley for the free eArc in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this installment of The Blue Ridge Library series. The mystery was very good and who the culprit could be kept me guessing till the end. I am really looking forward to more adventures and mysteries to solve in this series,
I really wish NetGalley would let you know when book i part of a series. This is book 4 and although often, the books can be red as stand-alones, I find the books are usually better if you read them in series order and in this case, that would be true. I did start out really enjoying the book,but I feel if I started with the first book, I would have enjoyed following Richard and Amy's romance I feel the book should also be shorter; I think cozy mysteries should be under 300 pages. I figured out some,but not all of the mystery; overall enjoyable.
Bound for Murder is the fourth book in Blue Ridge Library Mystery series! We meet up again with Amy Webber who is planning her wedding while her friend Sunny is running for mayor. During all of this, skeletal remains are found on Sunny’s grandparents’ farm, which forces Amy to solve a decades-old murder.

I really love this series, and every book in the series so far has been AMAZING, and this one continues that streak. The mystery itself really shined in this one. Lots of twists and turns—some were predictable, but the ending was really good and surprising!

Again, I love Amy and Richard’s relationship. They’re so adorable and cute together.

Overall, well done! If you enjoyed the first three books in the series, you’ll definitely enjoy this one too!
This newest book by Victoria Gilbert is a wonderful continuation to the series. Fhe characters are like old friends and I love viskfinf with them. The plot like is always riveting, keep a me on my toes and guessing who the murderer will be.i cannot wait fof the next book in the series.
This wasn't my favorite title of this favorite series because I just wasn't invested in the hippie culture that was the central focus of the story, but it was still worth the read. I'm especially pleased because, for maybe the first time ever, I figured out who did it before Amy did! I like that the author reveals clues in such a way that it is possible for the reader to solve the case. I can't wait for the next book!
Both fantasy and cozy mystery writer, Gilbert has continued her Blue Ridge Library series. In Book 4 things in her quiet town of Taylordsford are beginning to change. Her friend and work colleague, Sunny is running for mayor. Her patrons are filled with suggestions concerning her up coming wedding, despite the fact that a date has yet to be determined. Even the organic farm owned by Sunny's grand parents, has produced a riveting change. A dredging crew has uncovered a skeleton on Vista View's land.

The skeleton dates from the 1060's. A time when the land housed a commune. While the commune disbanded, several of the members still live in the area. Recognizing the murder investigation could adversely effect Sunny's campaign, Amy decides to step up her sleuthing. Events from the past may lead to tragedy in the present. This is the case here as several members of the commune are murdered. Now Amy is in peril, she has received an anonymous letter, graffiti mars the library, and most alarmingly someone shot at her. Evil seems to be getting a little to close for comfort.

Gilbert has a fine sense of plotting, and an excellent ability to set the stage for her mysteries. Her descriptions of the small town life, peppered with likeable characters supply ample reasons to choose this book. As noted above a wedding is being planned. This reader hopes for Book 5 which would include the nuptials.

Recommended for cozy mystery readers. Some violence and romance at a level suitable for young adults. Full disclosure: I received this copy from Net Galley and Crooked Lane Publishers in exchange for an unbiased review. Thank you for this opportunity.
Bound for Murder is the 4th in the Blue Ridge Library Mysteries series.  I must say that in my quest for good cozy series, I'm so glad to have found this one.  It has kept my interest from the very start.  Amy and Richard and all the other cast of characters have become like a little family to me.  As always, can't wait to see what happens to the gang next.  If you love a good mystery, I can highly recommend this series to you but make sure you start at the beginning.  I always do.  That way there's never a doubt that you missed out on something.

Many thanks to the publisher, Crooked Lane Books, through NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Crooked Lane Books for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Back to the Blue Ridge Library and the town of Taylorsford, Amy is enjoying her engagement and Sunny is running for mayor. A body is found, Sunny's grandparents may have been involved and everyone is afraid it will effect Sunny's chance of becoming mayor. Amy is nosy as usual and gets deeply involved in the investigation and almost gets killed.

Nice cozy mystery, I had trouble liking these characters until I had read the first couple of books in this series, but now I enjoy their antics and look forward to going back to Taylorsford.
“Bound for Murder” by Victoria Gilbert Is the 4th instalment in the "Blue Ridge Library Mystery" series. I really enjoyed it and hope to catch up on the series before the next one releases.

I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it almost straight through. It was entertaining, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises, I did suspect the killer but then thought no...

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed. I loved the friendship between Amy and her bff Sunny.  The inclusion of the two kittens was nice too.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Crooked Lane  and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.
Another fantastic mystery from Victoria Gilbert. Gilbert does an excellent job creating complex mysteries that affect the past and the present. I always enjoy reading her books.
Great cozy mystery. The characters are well thought out and I could not guess who the killer was. I highly recommend this great cozy mystery to all cozy lovers.
Library director Amy's best friend Sunny is running for mayor.  Her campaign is on the rocks when a skeleton is found on her grandparents' farm which is also a former hippie commune.  Amy investigates of course and discovers more non-literal skeletons in the closet.  This is a good series.  The characters were not quite as strong as in previous books, but I still enjoyed it.
Missing hippy from a commune- definitely a different topic for me. Story was pretty good. Not as in love with the characters as I was in the beginning, but I’m sure I’ll still continue with the series.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book, which I voluntarily chose to review.
I haven't read any of the previous books in this series so I had trouble connecting with the characters and i can't say that i was interested in them.
Still this was an enjoyable and fun mystery, If you enjoy cozy mysteries I would recommend it.
Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this
The beginning dialogue between Kurt and Amy threw me off but I came to reliaze they have a history together that is explained in other books. I do think it would be best to read the other books in the series first. I hated that no one pointed out that the parents of Belinda could have just as easily taken her to a hospital as Carol and PJ. Why were they at fault for her not getting help? Otherwise good and interesting and clean. A little alcohol drinking but no swearing or sexual content besides kissing. The enagged couple does not live together and seems to mostly avoid even sleeping at each others houses.
I haven't read any of the previous books in this series so I had trouble connecting with most of the characters (especially the secondary characters. Needless to say, I didn't care much for all the events happening that were unrelated to the murder mystery (the fair, the mayoral campaign, the wedding, etc.).

The murder mystery itself was light, cozy, and entertaining to read. Most of the plot was predictable but the true identity of the murderer was unexpected (which caught me by surprise).
This is one of my favorite series. I truly enjoyed this latest addition as much as I have enjoyed the rest of the series. The author has started a new series, but I hope there will be plenty more to come in this series.

Note: I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of this book from Netgalley.