The Nanny Rules

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 15 Aug 2019

I love the couple I love the storyline I love the romance it was nice and swoony and I just overall loved this book!
This was a light and enjoyable story by, new to me, author Melynda Price. The story flowed well, and I liked the author’s writing style. The characters were well developed, and it was easy to become invested in them and want everything to work out for them.
The story itself was a bit light on, and it was a bit fluffy. Not necessarily a bad thing, sometimes you just want fluffy with minimal angst. This is what this story was, a feel-good, light and happy romp that left you smiling at the end.
Looking at reviews for other works by this author, this book’s lightness in regards to the storyline is a bit of an anomaly, so I will certainly be looking into some of her other works to get a better feel of her as a storyteller.
I enjoyed The Nanny Rules; it was a nice light break between more serious books. If you are looking for a well written and light romance with a few funny moments, and a genuinely warm characters, I’d recommend you give The Nanny Rules a chance.
The Nanny Rules by Melynda Price was an easy and overall enjoyable read. I would recommend it to people who just want some brain candy and not have to think much.
The story was a bit predictable and for that,  I rated it as just OK.

The story features a hero who lost his wife and in so doing, has an urgent need to provide for his young daughter. In comes a down on her luck nanny with whom, he ultimately, falls in love.

The story was nothing new and while, it just light, it was still just so predictable. I didn't hate it but i didn't love it either
This was a really great book! I loved Mia from the beginning, and Brody was really swoony. The story kept me interested and the side characters were awesome too! Can't wait to read more from this author!
A cute romance!

I liked Brody, Amelia, and Lily (Brody's daughter)--they're likable characters whom it's easy to root for. Brody and Amelia have great chemistry, and it was entertaining to see them grow closer as they watched Survivor together. ;)

Amelia's reaction when her past discovers her new life was more than a little baffling, though--earlier misunderstandings made a lot more sense (talking about deceased spouses is awkward at the best of times, add in a guy who doesn't like to discuss his personal life and of course your conversations are going to have giant gaps) these omissions started to feel more manufactured than organic. Still, the grand gesture and resolution were beyond adorable, leaving me with a happy smile on my face.

So, all's well that ends well. Plus, the smexy scenes are hot--win-win!

Rating: 4 stars / B+

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
I received a copy of THE NANNY RULES from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review. Thank you to the author and publisher.

FIVE STARS and here’s why:

This book really made me LOL! I enjoyed Melynda Price’s humorous writing immensely. The falling for my widowed boss is a trope I so enjoy and Ms. Price delivers in spades. If you like sexy sport stories with hella hot, single daddy athletes, savvy girls who have the brains to know what they want, and sweet little girls that will melt your heart, then this story is for you. Highly recommend!
This was a fun read. The book is pure fantasy...I did not take any of it seriously or look into why the main character would sleep with her boss, etc. Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and author for this ARC.
I only begun to read it before it expired but from what I read I liked the context of the book. I wish I could have finished it so I could give it a better review but I know I would have loved it.
The Nanny Rules is a good light, sexy read.  The premise is strong and the story plays out well. I loved the hero, he was a three dimensional, relate-able character.  I appreciated that the daughter wasnt over the top precocious.  The heroine was difficult to warm up to, I am so happy that Melynda Price wrote her with growth. It's rare that I end up rooting for a character I started out disliking.  I would read more from Melynda Price.
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
Brody lost his wife in a very heartbreaking way, now his only focus is his daughter and his career. When he was away, his sister hired a nanny, Amelia. Amelia has a degree in psychology, but is down on her luck and broke, so she takes the job.

She expects a child with some difficulties after losing her mom, but what she didn't expect was the way he looked and how he made her feel.

Brody is not too pleased with the new nanny, but the attraction is undeniable. But with a myriad of obstacles in their way, including themselves, the road to happiness is very long.

Lovely book, one of those that you have to read in one sitting. :) Perfect for vacation. :)
This was a pretty simple story.  It was mostly predictable, but that's okay sometimes because a good story doesn't always have to be really unique and different, sometimes it is nice to read what you're comfortable with.  It had its steamy moments between Brody and Amelia, and its sweet moments with little Lily as well.  It had all the drama of back stories that made their reasons for fighting the relationship make sense.  Now, I feel like some of the back stories could have been given more details earlier on in the story, without knowing some of the details it made it irritating at first when they would push each other away for what seemed like no good reason.  In the end it all tied up into a nice HEA, and I loved the little family the three of them created together.
This is a sports romance between NFL player brody and his daughter nanny Amelia. Ther is a lot of things that bothered me trough book and was not smooth executed. Brody, I didn't like much I wouldn't be with someone like him, and Amelia was also not my favorite person. The story was predictable and I rolled my eyes a few times while reading it. Not the best-written story.
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
I have tried and tried again but this book and I was really looking forward to it, but I just can't get into it. The biggest problems are the two main characters.

The guy was a major dick. I understand that he has lost his wife, but to act like a dick towards someone who has taken care of his daughter for some time? His thoughts were just horrible towards her. Though confusingly, he also wanted to have sex with her and he kept stealing looks at her....
The girl was just bland, and I wonder who the hell would wander around in the house of their employer wearing barely anything. You know he could be home at any time, at least look professional, even your sleep attire should be professional.
Plus, no matter what the guy did she kept going on and on how he was hurting and how he couldn't help it. No. Just no.

So I am sadly going to have to drop this one. I wish I could have liked this one more, because I love these kinds of books (sports/romance).
I love sports romance so I grabbed this one up when it popped up on Netgalley.  Brody is a newly single father and his sister hires him a nanny to help relieve some pressure on her and give Brody piece of mind.  He is not happy about this but soon realizes that he needs the help and his daughter just loves Amelia.

The story is a sweet read with just the typical angst of "I shouldn't mess with my nanny". Loved the little girl.  The football that was shown seemed to be spot on although it was mostly outside of the actual story.  Nothing earth shattering about the story but a nice fluff read for a summer day.
This is a good story.  It may be predictable to a certain extent, you will still be entertained.  Amelia has a masters in child Psychology but right now she needs a place to decompress.  A college friend hires her to be the nanny for her brother. Brody lost his wife in a tragic accident.  The story was scandalous and Brody has closed off his heart. When he finds Amelia have dressed in his kitchen, he is less than enthusiastic to find out she is his new nanny. He wants her out.  His daughter Lily is already attached and eventually so is Brody.  Nice story with some angst and a cute HEA.
I wasn't really able to connect with this title.  I wanted to, but I didn't totally believe in the chemistry or their attraction.

As always, I appreciate the opportunity to read and review this title.
I love stories involving a single dad! This was such a cute read! I enjoyed the book from start to finish and would like to read more from Ms. Price.
I got through this one, but I’m not exactly sure how.

Amelia has taken a job as a nanny for NFL quarterback, Brody. He isn’t happy to discover his sister hired someone to take care of his four year old daughter, Lily.

As Brody and Amelia spend time together, living in the same house and taking care of Lily, they decide to give into their mutual attraction.

But Brody is determined not to let anyone close to his heart again, and Amelia isn’t sure she should put her career aspirations on hold for someone who has vowed to never love again. Of course, after bouts of jealousy, miscommunication, assumptions, and making decisions based on “what’s best” for the other person - without actually talking to them - they pull their heads out of their butts to find a happy-ever-after.

For years my motto has been “Less Pecs, More Plot” - and this book did not fare well in that respect. I once read that the difference between a romance and erotica is that if you took all the sex out of the book, you’d still have a romance story. If you take it out of an erotica story, you’re left with a couple chapters…and that’s almost how I feel about this book. That’s definitely how it was shaping up with the first several chapters, with the hero and heroine’s internal thoughts almost exclusively about how turned on they were by the other.

And it was disappointing because I really liked the other Melynda Price book I read (Vow of Silence), although it was romantic suspense. Instead of giving us a plot in The Nanny Rules, we got a story rife with cliched writing and tired, typical storylines. And too much talk about pecs, and...other body parts. The author tried to pull in some character development, with Brody’s dead wife and their relationship issues and Amelia’s sad family situation, but it was too little, too late to save this book for me. I can't believe this book was written by the same author.

The only thing I did like about this story is the absence of intsa-love. This couple didn’t fall into bed immediately. There was some actual relationship development before things got physical. But then again, even though chronologically there was time before the physical relationship began, I don’t think I would say it was developed for us as readers. There were a lot of time skips - which you have to do if your story takes place over six months and you’re not writing a 500 page book. But nothing felt like it was developed adequately.

It’s always disappointing when an author you’ve previously read - and liked - writes something you dislike so much. I’ll give Ms. Price another read. But maybe I’ll stay away from her sports romances...

* thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC/Entangled: Brazen for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review
2.5+ “Not what I was expecting” Stars

Having read and enjoyed some of Ms. Price’s MMA fighters books, I was more than delighted when I had the chance to snag an ARC copy of The Nanny Rules. I mean, a professional football player/single dad who falls for the live-in nanny? It was like this was meant to be!

Amelia was sweet and caring and could have some funny moments. I just couldn’t understand most of her decisions regarding her past and withholding that information, which led to me wanting to slap some sense into her many, many times.

Brody was mostly dreamy, but my favorite part in this type of story is the Daddy-daughter bond and since huge chunks of time would be skipped over, I didn’t really get to witness this. Also, he had a tendency to overreact that was not attractive, like, at all.

Unfortunately, I wanted to like the book more than I actually did. My main issue was that there was a lot of telling instead of showing, especially in the beginning. This made it difficult for me to really connect with the characters and make me feel their chemistry. Also, most of the obstacles they had to overcome felt completely forced (view spoiler)

The Nanny Rules was overall a sweet romance with a great premise but it was more of a miss then for me. I did enjoy some parts of it and I can’t say I didn’t like it in a general way, I was just expecting it to totally wow me.

*I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book*