The Return to Study Handbook

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Sep 2019

Great study aid. Simple explanations with great examples. A great addition to any learners’ bookshelf. Digs into how to make the most of your time while doing double duty learning and working.
A very good and easy to read guide to studying, revising and returning to studying. The motivational help and techniques in this book are as good as I have seen in any other book like this.
Thank you to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for this ARC. As an older, nontraditional student currently enrolled in challenging graduate-level courses, I found this book helpful and timely. There were a few terms I didn't recognize at first but that is because of the slight differences from the U.S. to the UK. While a lot of the information was common sense to me (from having gone through school for three prior degrees), there were quite a few tips and advice that were refreshing to learn. I highlighted the Pomodoro technique and the Sunday Study Review in particular to go back to when I purchase the hard copy. I enjoyed the various references to research studies and articles that helped to illustrate some of the points in each chapter. Ms. Burroughs has written a quick, engaging, and informative book that has motivated me to become a more effective and conscientious student.
Great for those returning to school and it can work for those who are going to post-secondary for the first time and juggling other things. Looking at stuff like studying and essay writing. Quick to read and to the next topic.
As I recently started a quite engaging course I was more than happy to read this book.
It helped to refresh nearly forgotten things and learn new skills.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
This book helps adults who are going back to school. It is broken up into 6 sections from setting goals, motivation, note taking, studying for exams etc...  Think of it as a refresher course on brushing up on skills we left behind in school.