Cover Image: Jane Goodall

Jane Goodall

Another great addition to the Little People, BIG DREAMS collection.

Jane Goodall has led such a fascinating life. She is the foremost expert on chimpanzees and has spent most of her life dedicated to the conservation of chimps and other endangered animals.

These biographies are age appropriate; inspiring and interesting, but not overwhelming. They have bright, beautiful illustrations, striking covers, and look great on a shelf together.

Thank you to the publisher and #NetGalley for an advanced copy.
I always love the drawings in Little People, Big Dreams. I always like the covers of this series of books because it has all the things they like.

Nathan, age 9
This is an excellent series. The people written about in the series aren't your run of the mill children's biography subjects. But they are all intriguing people and make for interesting reading. The illustrations are going to appeal to the kids as well. These books are a good way to broaden their horizons.
With a picture book loving toddler, Little People Big Dreams is one of the most popular non fiction series at home. Jane Goodall's inquisitive nature and her love for the animals is captured in a wonderful manner, easily understandable to the children.

If you have an above three years old who loves to know more about things, get them this series and watch them get fascinated by the inspiring lives of likes of Jane Goodall.. A perfect primer for further readings in to Great Lives.
This is a sweet little children’s book focused on Jane Goodall, a conservationist known as the world’s leading expert on chimpanzees.

This book displays Jane’s passion for animals—especially chimpanzees—throughout her life. Born and raised in London, Jane bravely left for Africa in her early-20s, which led to her living in an African jungle for 40 years where she studied and befriended a chimp family. Jane went on to encourage the world to protect the wildlife she loved so dearly.

Through charming illustrations and easy to understand language, the story in this book can inspire young children to bravely follow their dreams and passions in life.
I absolutely adore this series, it covers the accomplishments of important ladies in a simple and accessible format for children! jane Goodall is a fave anyway but this definitely is a cutesy cover of her life story

The ‘My First Little People, Big Dreams’ series provides informative and inspirational biographies about people who left a mark on this earth, no matter what difficulties they have encountered.
These stories are very short, but that’s because they’re books for children, so it’s totally understandable.
I think they are a very smart and wonderful way to introduce little children to such important figures.
This one is about Jane Goodall, an English primatologist, anthropologist and the world's foremost expert on chimpanzees. Her story is really insteresting and inspirational.
I love this series - and I am so thrilled that “Jane Goodall” was added! It’s a wonderful, child friendly, condensed biography that can inspire young girls and boys to pursue their dreams.
Charming  illustrations, too! I look forward to adding this title to our growing collection of biographies!
I received an e-arc from net for review

I love this series, it's always a joy to read about someone who I may a lot, a bit or nothing at all. The art style is pleasing to look at, these are books would be a great addition to many elementary classrooms.
This is the best series of books and I want them all for my two  girls! Information and education along with inspiring stories and beautiful art. The perfect combination for curious girls.
I received an arc from NetGalley for an honest review. I love this series of biographies for young readers about important people from the past like Jane Goodall.
This small biography for children does a really great job in depicting the most important moments in the life of Jane Goodall and actually draws quite a complete picture. That it also raises awareness for our environment is a nice side-effect. I'm sure even the little ones will get Jane's important message.

Besides all that, I now know firstly how to spell her last name correctly and secondly that she is NOT the one that movie from the 80s starring Sigourney Weaver is about. And that our planet needs more people like her, especially right now!
This entire series is really quite fun.  I enjoyed this one as well.  It offers a simple text with strong illustrations and is interesting enough for adults reading it many times over.
Este cuento, ilustrado por Beatrice Cerocchi y escrito por Mª Isabel Sánchez Vegara, me parece una monada y la mejor manera de acercar la vida de esta primatóloga a los niños. Siempre me ha gustado esta mujer, Goodall me parece una valiente y una persona que se ha dedicado a preservar la naturaleza, preocupándose de entenderla y cuidarla. Las ilustraciones son preciosas y la forma de contar su historia me parece acertadísima, es un primer contacto muy bueno sobre la vida de esta mujer tan increíble. A mí hasta me ha salido una lagrimita. Espero que tras leer este libro salgan un montón de pequeñas primatólogas.
Kids who love animals will enjoy the story and pictures of Jane, the woman who studied chimpanzees. The illustrations are amazing and the story is succinct and effective for this short non-fiction book.
This board book is the first I’ve read from the Little People, BIG DREAMS series and it is just wonderful. With the use of a simple story and evocative illustrations, we readers are brought into the center of Jane Goodall’s life and her life long love affair with the world of chimpanzees. While this book introduces a young reader to the ideas of communicating with and learning from another species and also teaching others how to save chimpanzees by helping the environment, it also shows how one woman learned how to follow her dream.

The art work is well done, communicates well what is happening and should resonate with a young audience. I do want to get this for my grandniece!

I definitely recommend this book for young readers in your life.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review.
My First Jane Goodall is a new young reader book in the series Little People, Big Dreams.  Written by Mª Isabel Sánchez Vegara and illustrated by Beatrice Cerocchi, it's due out 6th Aug, 2019 from Quarto publishing on their Frances Lincoln imprint.  Aimed at the youngest readers, it's 24 pages, perfect for a storytime or read-to-me read.  It's available as a boardbook.

I really love that this book shows young Lucy working for her dreams and gives background about her early life.  Bonus points for a cameo from Louis Leakey on pages 8-9.
I've heard a lot about Jane Goodall, so it was nice to see her in this book series. The illustrations are beautiful and I also liked the topic of social and environmental awareness.
Jane Goodall is a board book - a hard-page book for very young readers - that introduces children to the primatologist and anthologist who has dedicated her life to learning, and educating the world, about chimpanzees and animal welfare issues.

Filled with vibrant, whimsical illustrations combined with simple text, young readers can easily access the story of Jane's life. From her early childhood and the inspiration behind her dreams, to her lifelong work in wildlife and environmental conservation efforts.

This is a text that is perfect for sharing with children or letting them explore on their own. Through exploring the lives of real people, young children can begin to understand that their own dreams are achievable, and this series is beautiful for that.
This eARC did not include the cover or back so I do not feel I am evaluating the entire book. That being said I liked this a bit better than the first Little People, Big Dreams book I reviewed. The art is a little more detailed in this book, although Jane looks somewhat generic. The story has a bit of nuance to it, which is great. The part that really made me go "huh?" was skipping from young Jane liking chimps and sleeping in trees to ... getting on a boat to go to "Africa." No education to help her prepare or anything? Just hopped on a boat. Ok. And went to "Africa" which is of course a small country and not a giant continent and chimpanzees live throughout the entire place because it doesn't consist of a really ginormous set of varying ecosystems or anything. That alone would be enough to make me not buy the book, and if someone gave it to me I'd have to cross out the word Africa and research what country Jane originally went to and fill it in myself instead. And then I'd have to explain to my 3-year-old why SOMETIMES Mama gets to write in books but no she is not allowed to do so, so it would really be more of a hassle than it's worth. Moral of the story: please don't treat Africa like a monolithic location. I bet Jane Goodall doesn't.