Cover Image: Unverified

Unverified

Sometimes, one just needs a simple rom-com to read. And Unverified is just what fits the bill. There are no over-hyped expectations or plot twits to be had. It delivers on what it promises - romance and fun.
I enjoy the roommates trope, and while some parts of this were predictable, this was still a fun take.  Mixing in current social media tends will probably date this book in a few years but that's not necessarily a bad thing - it's fun for books to be set at a certain point in time.
Verified was just fun.  There was really no suspense--(spoiler alert) you knew the two main characters would get together by the end of the book.  It was enjoyable to see how the author got them from total strangers that were kind of leading sad lives to successful professionals that were living lives that many people would envy (especially the really cool house).  There are a variety of offbeat characters for the main characters to interact with and to keep the reader entertained.  I would say this is a really enjoyable rom com!
This book was so fun! This was the first book I've read from this author and I really enjoyed it. The story was different from anything I've read recently and really captured my attention. It was so well written and the characters were fantastic.
Please read this ASAP. I fell in love with this because of how relatable I found it, I’m not sure what that says about me, but without giving too much away, do yourself and favour and pick this up today!
So funny and swoony! This is one for the keeper shelf for sure! Internet themed rom coms are kind of a dime a dozen right now, but this one rose to the top!
Interesting plot, but, I don't know...not sure how I feel about the characters. Matt rubbed me the wrong way from the start. I mean...he gets $4,000 a month and has no idea how he could possible live off of that? Join the real world. Such entitled characters just...ugh.
I am pretty particular when it comes to romance so take this with a grain of salt when I say I didn't enjoy the writing. I'm the kind of romance reader that doesn't want an MC to meet a character and already think about how good looking or sexy they are. This makes me put down a book pretty fact, and that is the case with every genre I read. I'm sure other people may like this one, though!
I didn't hate the book, it just wasn't compelling. I found the main characters likable. I was more into their backstory than their fake romance. I felt they should have been friends instead of a possible relationship.
An easy going, delightful book, with fun characters, great chemistry and a great story.

Thank you NetGalley for a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.
I absolutely loved this book! It was incredibly engaging, relatable and funny! I adored the main characters and the storyline! This will NOT disappoint and will remind you that love can happen in unique ways!
Great beach read that's has bit of glam and feel good factor. Pure escapism that gives you a peek how LA works and how to survive the fashion world. Defined goodie and baddie characters that most will relate to. A good fun read
I don’t usually use the word “romp,” but that’s just what this was! I enjoyed the characters and laughed out loud more than once!
What would you do if you raced to the perfect rental home...I mean THE perfect one, only to find out that step-by-step there is someone else racing you to the door as well? And what if he/she happens to be a perfect specimen of the opposite sex? Do you care or do you just want the house over all else?

Miles is a trust fund kid who never had much reason to do anything with his life, so he didn’t. After years of disappointing his father, pops has decided now is the time to cut ties. No. More. Money. No more trust fund. Miles needs to find his own way. Not sure what to do but at least secure in living at home still, he starts making plans. That is until his wicked step-mother-to-be kicks him out too.

Margo has led a life of quiet complacency. Unbeknownst to her parents, her own sister is running an ultra-successful company and living with her boyfriend on the down low. Margo is working for her sister in marketing, although writing is her first love. Her boss, Margaux, is a horrible woman who lives to make life difficult for Margo.

When Miles and Margo find themselves arriving at the perfect house within seconds of each other, the only amicable solution was to become roommates. Only problem? The homeowner would only rent to a couple in a relationship...

“Unverified” is the hilarious story of two people and how a simple misunderstanding of an Instagram post takes on a life of it’s own.
This book was received as an ARC from all moxie ink - Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I did not know what to expect with this book thinking that it will be a drama since the situation is similar to catfishing but this actually ended up as a romantic comedy like book that ended up being quite upbeat and very whimsical that it was really enjoyable. It was quite shocking at first the relationship between Matt and Margo and how it shaped out but once the book went on, I have really grown to love their relationship and the memories and drama that come with it.  Even though this is a Romance Novel, our teen book club will appreciate this book because of the unique twist and writing style of Kristin Giese in luring in the young quirky minds of teenagers that they will appreciate it the most.

We will consider adding this title to our Romance collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
You know you’ve loved a book when the first thing you do upon finishing, is check which other books the author has written. In this case, I was both equally impressed and saddened to find that this is the debut novel from Kristin Giese, I’m holding out hope for a sequel though!

It’s rare that I give a book 5 stars but what can I say.. I just loved this book! It has the perfect mix of romance, humour (hello Rita!) and pop culture with a little seriousness thrown in there for good measure.

I adored the characters, especially Margo, Matt, Chelsea and Rita. They were so endearing, it almost makes you want to know them in real life.

Kristin needs to hurry up and write a sequel or turn Unverified in to a movie. I’ll be eagerly awaiting either (or both!).
This was a pretty cute rom com. There were a few times I was bored stiff but most of it was entertaining and cute and everything you expect and want from a rom com. Thanks NetGalley.
An enjoyable read, consumed in almost one sitting. Unverified tells the story of Margo, a woman struggling with the pressure of not living up to her academic potential, and Matt, a man struggling to live up to his father’s expectations.
They both look for a property to rent and stumble upon the perfect place, with the weirdest landlord and house manager (who I couldn’t help imagine being played by Wanda Sykes after seeing her in Monster-In-Law), with the only issue being that they’re not a couple. Cut to a hastily organised photoshoot and social media account creation and an epic love story is created. I did find some of the events (their rise to social media stardom overnight for example) a bit convenient and quick to occur, but the overall story was enjoyable. I failed to see the appeal of Ford who I didn’t really enjoy, but the other characters and their back stories were interesting, especially Tiff who disappeared almost entirely from the second half of the book and could have been good to revisit.
I’m not sure if the epilogues are gearing up for a sequel or follow on book,  but would like to revisit these characters in another story to learn more about them and their adventures together.

I was given access to a pre-release copy of this book via NetGalley in return for my honest opinion
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

If you can get past the first 25% of this book where both the main characters continuously complain about their lives, its actually a decent story.
It was a sweet love story with some cute, hilarious moments. Entertaining but very strange side characters brought some laugh out loud moments to this book. The story did however feel rushed and not fleshed out enough.
The epilogue part 2, didn't make much sense to me, not sure if there's going to be more to this story, or if it was meant to end on a cliffhanger?.
If you're looking for a funny,  light hearted, slow burn romance I recommend this book.
2.5☆

Standalone?
HEA
Epilogues

What I didn't like:
MCs finally meet halfway through the book
Unnecessary back stories of secondary characters
Matt and Bibi

I look forward to reading more from this author.