Unverified

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 04 Oct 2019

I absolutely loved this book! It was incredibly engaging, relatable and funny! I adored the main characters and the storyline! This will NOT disappoint and will remind you that love can happen in unique ways!
Great beach read that's has bit of glam and feel good factor. Pure escapism that gives you a peek how LA works and how to survive the fashion world. Defined goodie and baddie characters that most will relate to. A good fun read
I don’t usually use the word “romp,” but that’s just what this was! I enjoyed the characters and laughed out loud more than once!
What would you do if you raced to the perfect rental home...I mean THE perfect one, only to find out that step-by-step there is someone else racing you to the door as well? And what if he/she happens to be a perfect specimen of the opposite sex? Do you care or do you just want the house over all else?

Miles is a trust fund kid who never had much reason to do anything with his life, so he didn’t. After years of disappointing his father, pops has decided now is the time to cut ties. No. More. Money. No more trust fund. Miles needs to find his own way. Not sure what to do but at least secure in living at home still, he starts making plans. That is until his wicked step-mother-to-be kicks him out too.

Margo has led a life of quiet complacency. Unbeknownst to her parents, her own sister is running an ultra-successful company and living with her boyfriend on the down low. Margo is working for her sister in marketing, although writing is her first love. Her boss, Margaux, is a horrible woman who lives to make life difficult for Margo.

When Miles and Margo find themselves arriving at the perfect house within seconds of each other, the only amicable solution was to become roommates. Only problem? The homeowner would only rent to a couple in a relationship...

“Unverified” is the hilarious story of two people and how a simple misunderstanding of an Instagram post takes on a life of it’s own.
This book was received as an ARC from all moxie ink - Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I did not know what to expect with this book thinking that it will be a drama since the situation is similar to catfishing but this actually ended up as a romantic comedy like book that ended up being quite upbeat and very whimsical that it was really enjoyable. It was quite shocking at first the relationship between Matt and Margo and how it shaped out but once the book went on, I have really grown to love their relationship and the memories and drama that come with it.  Even though this is a Romance Novel, our teen book club will appreciate this book because of the unique twist and writing style of Kristin Giese in luring in the young quirky minds of teenagers that they will appreciate it the most.

We will consider adding this title to our Romance collection at our library. That is why we give this book 5 stars.
You know you’ve loved a book when the first thing you do upon finishing, is check which other books the author has written. In this case, I was both equally impressed and saddened to find that this is the debut novel from Kristin Giese, I’m holding out hope for a sequel though!

It’s rare that I give a book 5 stars but what can I say.. I just loved this book! It has the perfect mix of romance, humour (hello Rita!) and pop culture with a little seriousness thrown in there for good measure.

I adored the characters, especially Margo, Matt, Chelsea and Rita. They were so endearing, it almost makes you want to know them in real life.

Kristin needs to hurry up and write a sequel or turn Unverified in to a movie. I’ll be eagerly awaiting either (or both!).
This was a pretty cute rom com. There were a few times I was bored stiff but most of it was entertaining and cute and everything you expect and want from a rom com. Thanks NetGalley.
An enjoyable read, consumed in almost one sitting. Unverified tells the story of Margo, a woman struggling with the pressure of not living up to her academic potential, and Matt, a man struggling to live up to his father’s expectations.
They both look for a property to rent and stumble upon the perfect place, with the weirdest landlord and house manager (who I couldn’t help imagine being played by Wanda Sykes after seeing her in Monster-In-Law), with the only issue being that they’re not a couple. Cut to a hastily organised photoshoot and social media account creation and an epic love story is created. I did find some of the events (their rise to social media stardom overnight for example) a bit convenient and quick to occur, but the overall story was enjoyable. I failed to see the appeal of Ford who I didn’t really enjoy, but the other characters and their back stories were interesting, especially Tiff who disappeared almost entirely from the second half of the book and could have been good to revisit.
I’m not sure if the epilogues are gearing up for a sequel or follow on book,  but would like to revisit these characters in another story to learn more about them and their adventures together.

I was given access to a pre-release copy of this book via NetGalley in return for my honest opinion
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

If you can get past the first 25% of this book where both the main characters continuously complain about their lives, its actually a decent story.
It was a sweet love story with some cute, hilarious moments. Entertaining but very strange side characters brought some laugh out loud moments to this book. The story did however feel rushed and not fleshed out enough.
The epilogue part 2, didn't make much sense to me, not sure if there's going to be more to this story, or if it was meant to end on a cliffhanger?.
If you're looking for a funny,  light hearted, slow burn romance I recommend this book.
2.5☆

Standalone?
HEA
Epilogues

What I didn't like:
MCs finally meet halfway through the book
Unnecessary back stories of secondary characters
Matt and Bibi

I look forward to reading more from this author.
Loved the story and the characters! I would have preferred more time building their romance and seeing it play out more, but overall I loved it. Not sure what I think of the last part of the epilogue. If it’s a cliffhanger for a second book, that’s fine. Otherwise, it was unnecessary and flat. I like a happy-happy ending with romance novels.

Margo crashed and burned after uni and is back home and working for her little sister. Matty is a trust fund boy whose funds have been suspended until he can be the adult he should me. Both need to get out from mum and dads house.  Both happen upon a too good to be true house listing...and have to convince their landlady they are the happy couple they look to be even though they're complete strangers.

In a bid to keep the farce of Matt loves Margo alive, will they actually fall in  love for real?

This was fast moving and I was really eager to see how everything worked out. Characters made moves I didn't expect and it was a nice love story. There's a part 1 and 2 of an epilogue at the end and part 2 doesn't make sense. I don't know if there's more coming in the final edition or if its supposed to dramatically end in that mood. Either way, it lost a bit of my like for it, unfortunately.

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to review this book.
I enjoyed this book. I liked the premise and loved all the crazy characters. I liked that it was a story about second chances and finding yourself in a place that you least expect.
This was a new author for me. I thought this was a cute read with likeable characters.  I would recommend it if you are looking for something a little lighter to read, but not quite a romance novel.
This book was a bit of a chore for me - I couldn't decide who I liked less, the storyline bothered me quite a bit, and in the end, I read to the end and thought it was an ok beach read if you liked the genre, but really wasn't my thing.  It's not a bad book, and there no problems with the actual writing, it just really wasn't what I was expecting.
*** I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. ***
I love a good beach read and as the summer winds down I happily hope your readers enjoy this quick reading addition to their reading list regardless of the time of year. The two lead characters both endear you with their failed attempts at making the grade in this world for Matt it’s waking up to the fact that playboy no longer looks good on him; whereas Margo finds herself at home and at a lost of where her future belongs. I love the fact that both lead characters offer no excuses and become quite adept at survival. Both characters are in need of a home and their meet cute is over a perfect house offered by a pair of characters straight out of Robert Altman. The surprise to me is the second chance offered by her kid sister who has managed to rise on the tide of public opinion to be one of the up and coming web retail sites to watch,all the while Margo struggles to adapt to her new reality, a fake boyfriend and having to start at the bottom . I loved the quick pace of this story and you must mention Rita and her nemesis Matt’s long time housekeeper having them share a backstory was a delightful gem.
Margo and Matt--couldn't decide who was worse. Terrible story. Dull and predictable.

Many thanks to Netgalley, the author, and the publisher. All opinions are my own.
It was not possible for me to finish this book.  I tried and tried but the whole thing was just too silly.  I did not like Margo from the very beginning.  She was childish and acted as if she was still in high school.  I tried to like Matt but he wasn't much better.  The secondary characters, from the dad's girlfriend to the owner of the cottage they rented, added nothing to the story and seemed to be just randomly added. The plot was all over the place with very little connection.  This is one I am glad I did not pay for.
I triedbto read this book, I got to chapter 12, but it was a struggle.
I didn't like the characters, I couldn't get into their stories even if I tried.
I'll try again in the future, maybe I can get through the first part to when they meet, but so far, I didn't find it interesting or funny.
Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for my ARC.
This is my first book by the author and I really enjoyed it. Margo and Matt meet by chance and it turns into much more. The storyline was well written as were the characters. I hope there will be another book, there is so much story to be written.