Cover Image: Super Low-Carb Snacks

Super Low-Carb Snacks

Perfect cookbook for those who are trying to be healthy but have to admit they can't give up their snacking. Some sweet and savoury snacks to suit all tasted. Amazing!
This book has some great recipes for low carb snacks. I was able to use some of these for thanksgiving dinner and it was a hit to non ketoers. great book
This is great no mater if you are on a diet or not. The recipes in this cookbook are delicious and having less carbs is healthy and we all are hearing that. So it is wonderful to know there are yummy options available even of favorite snacks. This cookbook provides some options we can enjoy whether we are on any of the low card diets or not because these snacks only give us what we want a tasty snack. The recipes here are also helpful for a low-glycemic diet though and there are 100 choices. Some of these quick treats that are easy to make include zucchini muffins, pumpkin snickerdoodles, cinnamon donut holes and cauliflower pizza bites. There are also beverages included with sweetener alternatives in the recipes.
I was hoping for more, but this is an ok book of snacks for people trying to limit carbs. After reviewing this, I am still on he hunt for a perfect book for this!
They should have added the word "delicious" to the title honestly. Each recipe looks much more delicious than the previous one. The photography is amazing and now I'm hungry!

This book mentions the health benefits of eating snacks especially with how it helps in concentration. Each recipe has a nutritional value and mentions whether it has the 3 allergens (nut, dairy or egg). At the end of the book, there's a chapter with recipes that doesn't include said allergens. The book mentions it is keto and Paleo diet friendly.

Overall, I would recommend 100% to anyone even if they aren't on diet simply because the recipes look and sound good. My favorites are the butters, chicken and salad recipes.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with the digital copy for an honest review.
I received a copy from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a small little gem of a cookbook. I loved the recipes; there was great variety, they were easy to make, clear instructions, loved the pictures, and the ones that I tried turned out and tasted great. This was very helpful for me on my journey back to eating healthy.
What a nice cookbook - great pictures, easy ingredients, easy recipes and everything looks delicious!
My husband and I did keto for over a year so there weren't a ton of recipes that were all that different from what I already knew. I do like that there were so many in one place and I think this cookbook would be helpful for anyone entering a low-carb/keto lifestyle.
Having gone Keto for about 4 months now, one of the things that I can tell you is that it can be expensive to go low carb. Nut butter is a great snack, but can be costly and comes in such large quantities that it can be difficult to go through a whole jar before it expires. I really appreciated learning how to make my own version of nut butter, because I can tailor it to how much food I use. I think the thing that I appreciate most about this book is that unlike looking for recipes online and on blogs, you can read the recipe and ingredients very easily, as opposed to scrolling for what seems like forever as you search for the steps and number of net carbs. I liked the break down of chapters and the most useful to my life has been the snacks for work. Sometimes you need a sweet pick me up, and the recipes for sugar free chocolate have been crucial to making it past the 3 pm slump. I really appreciate the variety of recipes and would recommend if you're looking for a way to keep a keto lifestyle.
Nothing to get overly excited about.  Not bad but not wonderful.

**OMG!  I cannot believe that these reviews haven't been done!  I am so sorry they are so late!!!**
Super Low-Carb Snacks includes over 100 recipes for delicious and satisfying snacks!  These snacks are perfect for anyone following a low-carb, Keto, Paleo, or ow-glycemic diet.  These snacks are also great for anyone wanting to stay away from refined sugars, dairy, or grains (gluten).  All recipes in the book are quick and easy to make.  There are a good mix of sweet or savory options.
I highly recommend this book to anyone!  Great options for anyone!!

*I received this advanced reader's copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
I am starting a low carb diet and I am looking forward to trying some of these snacks.  Most of them have simple ingredients and appear easy to make.  The lemon cheesecake fat bombs are delicious! I am ready to try more!
Many thanks to Quarto Publishing and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
This book is good for those following a low carb lifestyle and this author has many other books on the topic - I purchased one just the other week having heard good things about low carb eating.

The Super Low-Carb Snacks book is split into six chapters.  It includes Basics, School & work snacks, At-home snacks, On-the-go snacks, Sippable snacks and Safe snacking.

When thinking snacking, this book is not all about the sweet treats as the School & Work snacks focuses on savory snacks such as baked chicken nuggets and Italian Meatballs to name a few.  The Basic chapter provides recipes for many nut butters and homemade chocolate.  Many of the snacks need to be prepared in advance and are also suitable for children when they get home from school.

For those with allergens, it displays a key at the top of the recipe if it is dairy, egg or nut free, though I found these a little confusing - I kept thinking the key meant it was there, even with the line through it!  However there is a whole chapter dedicated to leaving out dairy, eggs and nuts in safe snacking.

The recipes are in both imperial and metric measurements and come with nutritional facts, plus the macronutrient ratios that is important for those following a keto eating plan.  It has ingredients that call for sweeteners and alternative flours such as almond.  Most of the recipes come with a colour photograph.

I received this book from Netgalley in return for a honest review.
These recipes sound delicious! There are some weird ingredients that I don't use but are now readily found in most grocery stores. There doesn't appear to be anything too difficult and most are very simple and quick to make.

Sometimes I feel like I've seen it all as far as low-carb foods but I actually got some inspiration from this book and look forward to trying quite a few of the recipes.
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Easy to read recipe book with colorful pictures. The layout is well done and accessible. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that many of the recipes have ingredients that are not commonly bought and not quick to bake or cook.
Martina Slajerova, Dana Carpender, and Landria Voigt have teamed up to create a beautifully illustrated book of snacking ideas for those eating paleo or low carb.  I am impressed by the variety, and by the availability of recipes for restricted diets.  The photos make the  options look delicious and the instructions make them seem doable.  There are recipes for nut butters, and as those are expensive items it will be interesting to see what savings happen from making them at home.  There is a section dedicated to "fat bombs"  and they look extremely doable.  I appreciated that there arent a lot of exotic ingredients, most of them are easily obtainable.
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
I've recently been attempting to try low- carb/keto and have found it difficult because I have a super sweet tooth and just didn't know what to eat. It's a little easier to find dinner ideas, but snacks, especially ones for my sweet tooth that aren't long, difficult processes are a little different. Sometimes I do want cookies or brownies, but other times I don't want to sit and wait for a cake to bake and cool. Sometimes I want something that I can make and eat over the bowl like a goblin who hasn't eaten in a month.
This book has both.
Seriously, the first chapter would make this worth the purchase for me. I didn't even get through it before I started adding ingredients to my shopping list. Seriously, coconut pecan butter, get in my belly NOW.

Now, down to the info. This book assumes you already know the ins and outs of eating low-carb and saves you the chapter on reviewing it. If you aren't familiar, there are tons of articles online that would be way more helpful anyways.
Each recipe is easy to read and very detailed. There is an at a glance icon at the top of each recipe to warn you if the recipe contains common allergens (nuts, dairy, egg) and each recipe contains nutritional info, including a macro ration for those that count macros.
It also contains a serving size, which is beyond helpful because "yields 36 cookies" is apparently not the same as a serving size... not that I've done that.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some nut butters and fat bombs calling my name.

*I received a copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for my review.
This is a well thought out book of recipes without carbs!  The less carbs eat, the better I always feel, so I enjoyed this cookbook and will definitely use several of the recipes.  I appreciate that the offer, at the beginning, differentiated between different kinds of diets such as low-carb, Keto,, and paleo.

Thanks to Netgalley, the author, and publisher for an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Fair Winds Press for a copy of Super Low-Carb Snacks, 100 Delicious Keto and Paleo Treats for Fat Burning and Great Nutrition by Martina Slajerova, Dana Carpender, and Landria Voigt.  This cookbook starts with an introduction all about snacking including the fact that 24% of our calories are from snacks.

Then come the chapters with the recipes.  Chapter 1 is Basics, things like nut butters that can be used in other recipes.  Some of my favorite recipes from Chapter 1 are the Chocolate-Hazelnut Butter and Berry Nut Butter.  Chapter 2 is for school and work snacks.  These recipes focus on protein which improves concentration levels and Omega-3s and other beneficial fatty acids which are crucial to a well-functioning brain.  My favorite recipes were Bacon Cauliflower Soup, Cauliflower Pizza Bites, Supersmart Bars.

Chapter 3 is At-Home Snacks, which can also be considered “appetizers.”  My favorite recipes from this chapter are Cauliflower Hummus and Roasted Pepper Dip.  Chapter 4 is On the Go Snacks and includes recipes that are easy to transport, including Chocolate Chip Muffins and Chile-Lime Peanuts.  Chapter 5 is Sippable Snacks including Creamy Dark Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothies.  The last chapter is Safe Snacking which includes nut/dairy/egg free recipes.  From Chapter 6 I really enjoyed the Chocolate Avocado Truffles and Stilton and Chive Fat Bombs.

The book started with pictures with every recipe, but there were fewer pictures as you read on.  There are also a few hard to find ingredients.  There was a great index that was searchable by ingredient, not just by recipe.  Overall this book was okay, but not my favorite.  I am not much of a snack person, so that does affect my opinion.  I did find many new ways to eat Cauliflower.  Overall, I did like the variety of recipes, but will not be making them too often.
Excellent recipes and snack ideas for beginners and not so beginners in the low carb lifestyle.  I have tried the low carb lifestyle for a while and I am always happy to get new tips and new ideas. This book had some great ones and is a must have for low carb eaters no matter where they are on their healthy eating journey.