The Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 17 Sep 2019

This was a nice Keto Instant Pot cookbook with recipes that I haven't seen in other Keto cookbooks.  I would have liked more pictures though.
Anna Hunley – The Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook

This book explains what exactly Keto means and what the difference is when you follow the Keto diet.
If you haven’t used an Instant Pot before you will learn how to use it and more.

The recipes are easy to follow and very well explained. Even if you are on a low budget you will find ways to cook Keto.
After cooking some of the recipes I think I will go deeper into Keto and see if it works for me.

#TheFamilyFriendlyKetoInstantPotCookbook #NetGalleyDE
Combining the Keto diet and Instant Pot is pure genius! Make the meals low-carb and easy to make and you have a cookbook bible that is accessible and indeed friendly! If you've tried Keto you already know it isn't the easiest diet to follow in terms of time and accessible ingredients, some of which are quite expensive. I dare you to try to make a cauliflower pizza crust, it's exhausting!

This cookbook seeks to change this view by giving you more time, accessible ingredients and easy to follow recipes, while using your Instant Pot. In this cookbook you're sure to find something you want to make, over and over again.

Netgalley ARC.
Who knew that the Instant Pot was so versatile? Who knew that keto could be so varied? Many ideas in this book!
Love the variety in recipes. I don’t own a instant pot. But I could use these recipes in a regular pot too. Just adjust the cooking time. Easy to read and understand.
I’m new (somewhat) to the instapot and not well versed on the keto diet but I wanted to cut down on carbs so I requested this one.

It was a good call. This book gives great instructions and some personal background from the author. There is detailed info about the diet and each recipe. There are also a lot of different interesting recipes to get me out of my rut. I have only tried a couple so far but they were both delicious!  I will look forward to going down the line and getting more into this lifestyle.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Quarto Publishing Group - Fair Winds Press for a copy in exchange for a review.
Great easy to follow recipes. Sone are higher on the carb side so I would say this is more of a transitional book for those new to keto which actually works perfectly for me since I dont follow the diet strictly. I received  this book from netgalley for an honest review.
This book is excellent! High quality recipes that align with the Keto diet. They aren’t too carby and most can easily be translated to an oven or stovetop. I’ve made several already and my family has been happy with all the recipes.
Thank you Quatro Publishing and Netgalley for this ARC.

This was a great cookbook for me as a beginner, wanting to learn more about the Keto diet. The book gives a good explanation of what the detail entails and what to avoid.  It also gives a how to on using an instant cooker.

There were loads of recipes and good photographs.  I found the food all looked quite heavy, with lots of rich sauces so I would be unlikely to use this book very often, but for those who enjoy these heavier flavours you will be in heaven.
Easy to follow recipes that actually turn out as good as they look.  I found myself utilizing this book more than once when planning menus for the week.
Lots of great ideas, especially for those just getting started with an Instant Pot and/or those just exploring the Keto diet or other similar low-carb plans.
Impressive cookbook. I love my Instant Pot but I’ve really not done much more than meat, carrots, sweet potatoes/potato in it. I will need to purchase a baking dish and bundt pan as well as some sugar free condiments and sugar substitutes. There is a nice introduction by the author as well as some basic information how to use the instant pot. Faux Mac and Cheese is on my first-to-try list as well as deconstructed egg rolls. Thank you for allowing me to review an advanced copy.
I am ready to start the Keto diet and was so happy to get this book! I love my instant pot and  have enjoyed several of these recipes.  They are detailed but easy.  My favorite is the coffee rubbed pulled pork.
Many thanks to Quarto Publishing Group and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
The Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook
Anna Hunley
September 3, 2019

The Keto diet is hitting the nutrition world this year.  It is an easily adaptable diet that most people can succeed with.  I can say this because my husband and I have made Keto a lifestyle since April.  Have we lost weight?  Yes.  For the most part eating low carbohydrates and no sugar is not a challenge.  The food to be eaten in the diet plan is very appetizing.  To succeed you must give up chips, soda, bread - really anything with carbs or sugar.  Carbs should be limited to 15 to 20 per day.  Sugar is zero.  The book gives the basics of the diet plan as most diet books do, as well as giving a complete explanation as to why eating fat/protein foods without the carbs and sugar helps one lose the weight.
We are retired so cooking is easy.  Loading the instant pot with a dinner recipe helps to just count the carbs and have a hot meal.  There are many recipes that follow Keto guidelines.  If you are too busy to plan one for yourself, Ms. Hunley gives us recipes that are easy to follow and good to eat.  To be correct, these are great recipes for family meals.  Children can eat the meal plan.  The food is healthy.  Children can eat their regular breakfast and lunch then cut out the carb/sugar additions at dinner.  Learning what foods contain that can be harmful to a family’s daily eating habits is a good thing to do at any age. Daily meal planning is good for them. They can help to choose recipes for the week.
The use of different healthy oils that come from avocados, coconut, butter and ghee is a good switch for cooking.  Eating nuts such as walnuts and almonds are a great snack in the afternoon.  The easy to read book also suggest Keto desserts. This is a good basic book for family meal planning.  It may help you to create  your own recipes that conform to the Keto plan.  We started off using recipes and now after 5 months we add to recipes with different veggies or proteins.
The Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Anna Hunley was published on September 3, 2019 by Quarto Publishing Group - Fair Winds Press.  If you are on the diet, it is a good book to help with family meals.  If you have not tried the Keto plan you may want to read about it to find out why it works and how easy it is to follow.  This is a good book with many recipes to help you along.
3 out of 5

**OMG!  I cannot believe that these reviews haven't been done!  I am so sorry they are so late!!!**
Beautiful pictures accompany easy to follow recipes!  I love how she uses common and easily accessible ingredients!  This cookbook is perfect for cooking keto meals for the whole family.  I have been keto since I had gestational diabetes with my 3rd and 4th children, but my family only partially follows the lifestyle.  These are great recipes for dinners we can all eat!  Not to mention it utilizes my instant pot which I love and use daily!  Love this great cookbook.  Will - and already have - recommend!
This cookbook is well laid out and easy to follow. I am excited by the many different recipes and can’t wait to try many of them out.
I would love to leave feedback on this cookbook but unfortunately I'm unable to download it.  I've had problems downloading cookbooks from NetGalley because of the pdf format -- hopefully that changes in the future because I'd love to review these beautiful cookbooks!
Wow!!! I am so impressed by this book. I don’t believe I found a single recipe I wouldn’t try. I have been following a Ketogenic lifestyle for a good while now. I’ve had to adapt and create many recipes. Many of this authors recipes include ingredients and concept I know work and taste well. A few recipes I know are already quite mainstream but are important foundation pieces.

I honestly believe this book will be a valuable addition in any keto or low carb household. I love how it didn’t misrepresent the idea that to be keto you had to follow High Fat. The minimum requirements to a Ketogenic diet is to stay under 20 net carbs. Drink at least 64 oz of water, and aim for 60g of protein. That’s it. All other options are just tweaks that people try to add to increase the speed but aren’t suitable for everyone.

Keto is in fact just referring to going into a Ketogenic state the technical term for “weight loss mode”

A lot of authors and bloggers force the idea that high fat is required. I’m happy that this author didn’t make such erroneous claims and has put a beautiful, exciting, and inspired collection that I’d love to own and allow to take up valuable shelf real estate.
Nice cookbook layout with good recipes. I found the directions to be simple and clear. I do wish a picture of every recipe was included. There were a few Instant Pot accessories required (like a trivet, egg mold, springform pan, etc) that I did not own. Macro information for those following the Keto diet are included and explained at the beginning. Recipes had a good variety and were family friendly.