The Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 17 Sep 2019

This ARC was courtesy of netgalley - all thoughts and opinions are mine and unbiased

This book is soooo handy - loved it

I will be dipping in and out of this - so much information, great pictures and I will be putting this to great use
When it is hot as heck outside and there is nothing cool to do but reading as everything else makes you end up a sweaty mess, it is the perfect day for a speed reader.

Popular keto blogger Anna Hunley, of Keto in Pearls, presents scrumptious, family-friendly keto recipes for your InstantPot™.

The ketogenic diet is taking the world of healthy eating by storm, but cooking for a ketogenic diet can be cumbersome. You can’t rely on processed or quick-cooking high-carb options, like pasta or rice, for a fast meal, and you don’t always have the time to labour over a hot stove.

The Family-Friendly Keto InstantPot™ Cookbook helps you feed your family enjoyable low-carb meals quickly and effortlessly. With the InstantPot™’s ability to cook food in a fraction of the time, you’ll have your family sitting down at the table to eat in no time. (And with only one pot to clean too!)

Anna shows you how to unlock the versatility of your InstantPot™ with over 100 flavoursome dishes like Enchilada Casserole, Coffee Rubbed Pulled Pork, Shrimp Etouffée, and Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake. All of the recipes are created with the author's trademark budget-friendly ingredients and kid-approved tastes.

This book had some serious yumminess amongst its pages – I cannot wait to make the Salted Caramel Cheesecake.  I must divide my review into several parts, though

1.	The recipes in here look gorgeous and the recipes are well written as is the introduction which explains the keto diet and how it works.
2.	There are a lot of foods here that are not processed which is a boon for anyone’s food – Frankenfoods like “Beyond Meat”, tofu hot dogs and fake chicken are so processed it does not matter what diet you are following. (Cultured celery extract and its extracts in “natural meats” are actually harder on your body and more toxic than “real” nitrates. Bacon is here but not in huge, heavy rotation which is good.
3.	Any diet that allows me to eat Pimento Cheese (or any cheese) in massive quantities is amazing.
4.	Mashed cauliflower does not taste like mashed potatoes no matter how much cream and fat you add to them.
5.	However, I am not sure if feeding your kids keto food all the time is wise, whether they need to lose weight or not ... if they are epileptic it is not a problem….
(Per the Mayo Clinic, who I trust --- While the ketogenic diet may be recommended for some people/chldren with uncontrolled epilepsy, the high-fat content — and especially the high level of unhealthy saturated fat — combined with limits on nutrient-rich fruits, veggies and grains is a concern for long-term heart health.
The keto diet, although it is usually free of many processed foods, is not recommended for weight loss in children because it seriously limits carbohydrates, and children need carbs to be mentally and physically active. Foods high in a carbohydrate called fibre help promote feeling full and aid in weight control or weight loss.) Maybe do the Keto foods in the Instant Pot Instant Pot’s and let them eat carbs like rice, potatoes, pasta or bread/wraps as well?)

Lectures aside, this is a great book to make meals from – it is YOUR decision as to whether or not you let the kids eat extra carbs or not. There are recipes that will be in heavy rotation in this house as I have PCOS and low carb foods are a thing in my child-free home!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "Social Influencer Millennials" on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🥓🧀🥓🧀
This book took me through plenty of hoops to download. Once downloaded, it was extremely hard to maneuver. I really wanted to try some of the recipes but it was just too difficult.

That said, the layout appears nice, good recipes - many I would love to try. I would buy this book once published so Im giving it 4 stars.

Ive had this trouble with cookbooks here.  If they're not kindle ready, they're just too difficult to access. I wont be requesting anymore cookbooks.
Unfortunately I will not be reviewing this book because it is not compatible with my reading device
Thank you to the NetGalley for an ARC copy
This book is pure gold!! We just went Keto and we just got an Instantpot! I don't have to try to convert keto recipes into an instant pot recipe anymore. I also love that the Net Carbs are listed here! Not many keto recipes do this and this is really amazing. Beautiful book, beautiful pictures! I cannot wait to try some of these recipes!
Thank you to Net Galley, and especially to Fair Winds Press, for granting my wish and providing me with an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love using my Instant Pot to make quick and healthy meals for me family.  I've recently made the switch to a ketogenic diet for myself, and I was having difficulty figuring out ways to make dishes my entire family would enjoy while still following the keto diet.  Thank goodness for this cook book!!  I have tried a few of Anna Hunley's recipes from her blog, so I knew this book would be a winner before I even looked at the first recipe, but it surpassed my expectations!  Inside this book, you will find all the foods your family loves already, just made keto and prepared in your Instant Pot!  I appreciate that Hunley makes most of her chicken dishes with chicken breasts, and not thighs, which I prefer.  I have already preordered a copy of this cookbook for my shelves because I know I will refer to it often!