Sacred Endurance

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 14 Jan 2020

In Sacred Endurance, Trillia Newbell shares from the Bible and from her own experiences how we should run with endurance the race that God has called us to. She speaks in a loving and encouraging way about how we should live our lives as those who love Jesus; you feel that you are hearing from a friend. This is a book that every Christian could benefit from reading.
I have read other books by Trillia Newbel and I enjoy them a lot. I like her clear style. This title in particular made me think about how much life takes from me and how much everything depend on God's control. I need to keep going, endurance, perseverance, faith, and his grace will sustain me through it all. If you want to ponder about this topic this will encourage you. It is friendly to read alone or with friends. I'll keep looking for her titles.
I love Trillia Newbell and all the work she does on racial reconcilation, diversity and representing women in the SBC. However, I did not love this book. While it was biblically rich and accurate, it didn't address the issues I expected it to address - and I felt it was a little bit more of a "primer" on the Christian faith than a book about endurance. It covered so many topics in such a short book that it felt at times disjointed and all over the place. However, this book may be enjoyed more by a brand new believer or someone with little faith background.
If you are new to the Christian faith, this may be a helpful resource. If not, there are dozens of other resources and books I'd recommend before this one. It never hooked me and honestly, I skimmed the second half of the book because it was repetitive the entire way through.
A well-written, challenging book on living an authentic Christian life in these troubling times in which we live.  The author does not just base this on her own opinion, but shares Scripture to help convict and encourage us along the way.  This is a book to return to again when events in life seem out of control.  I liked her personal examples she used to help apply these principles, but also the straightforward way this author challenged us to walk worthy of the Lord.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
I have been a big fan of Trillia Newbell and when I saw she had a new book coming out, I knew I wanted to read it.

Sacred Endurance:Finding Grace and Strength for a Lasting Faith is her newest book. In this book, she talks about a faithful godly life until the end. Trillia writes in a way that is easy to understand but also is centered on truth.

So much of our life here on earth can make enduring hard. Trillia points us back to the greater hope we have in Jesus. She helps us to see how we can endure because of Him. When the day to day wears us down, this book is one we can recall and remind ourselves of the truth. I’m grateful for Trillia for writing it.

I was blessed to receive an electronic copy via the publisher. All opinions are my own.
The author offers a plethora of Scriptures to encourage her readers to patiently wait on God's timing. While this book wasn't a quick read, it does offer its readers a lot of really good, Biblical advice.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC of this book. All opinions are my own.
“Because he first pursued us, we can pursue him with sacred endurance.”

This book will encourage you, challenge you, and draw your heart towards Jesus. Trillia Newbell communicates how to live faithfully as a follower of Christ in the midst of hardships and the mundane—and she does it beautifully!

I’m incredibly grateful for this book, and I’ll be recommending it to everyone I know!
Trillia’s writing is always warm, personal, and deeply encouraging, and this book is no exception. Sacred Endurance is a call to live a faithful Christian life, but doesn’t come across as at all preachy, unattainable, or shallow. Trillia offers personal stories, scriptural truths, and wonderful encouragement from a fellow Christian. One of the most encouraging books I’ve read this year, and one I will definitely read again.

(I received a free advanced reading copy from NetGalley in return for my honest review.)