His Secret Family

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 12 Sep 2019

Excellent book,loved all the character's and the way the book was divided up to show the character's feelings.
Could not put the book down,a real page Turner.This book is a must,
His Secret Family,  Ali Mercer

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
ction
Genre:Literary Fiction, Women's Fiction..

Ah no, women's fiction again....why do we insist on having this biased and outdated category? There's no reason why men should read this book, it will appeal to anyone who likes a well written mystery.
 Im not quite sure I can say I liked it, but I was certaily gripped to see what would happen to the characters. I felt so sad for Paula, an innocent victim, as were Ava and Ellie. The rest of the characters were a selfish group IMO. Jenny made an initial error and at least tried hard with her girls until she became involved with Mark, then she seemed to become a bit of a doormat. Mark was a real nasty, selfish character, his mother was awful and maybe had something to do with his character but he's a grown man, and I felt his actions were incredibly selfish, he seemed to see everything only for how it acted or reflected on him.
Its a book full of sadness and tragedy, one that's played out daily for so many folk, especially those with kids with issues. I did want to see what happened, it was slow starting but soon had me gripped by the unfolding events, and how they connected.  It's  not a story I'd read a second time, though I'm glad I read it.  At the end I felt the characters had come to some kind of resolution but there's a lot of hard work ahead of them all to make up for events, the past can't simply be rewritten.

Stars: Five, a book I'm glad I read, full of surprises, characters with flaws, situations that occur in everyday life, but not one I'd re-read.

ARC via netgalley and publishers
His Family Secret is a emotional family book that is wonderfully written. Great characters and storyline. Ali Mercer is a wonderful writer that can draw out the readers emotions.
His Secret Family is a doozie. Im not quite sure I can say I liked it, but I can say it evoked emotions in me. I feel sad for Paula, and for the things she went through. I feel sad for Jenny, and Ava, and Ellie- especially, for the trauma and the lies they lived with. Mark was a real son of a bitch, but no wonder reading the way his mother was. I wish that I could say that whole scenario was unrealistic, but it's not. Its a reality that many special needs parents face on a daily basis. Im rating this book 4 stars, only because I wish Ellie had been more of a focus than she was. I feel her story and ability was the most interesting part.
Firstly thanks to NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read this amazing story which is heartbreaking and heart-warming.

I have never read any other books by this author but this book has defiantly given me another author to add to my reading list.

This is a powerful family domestic drama filled with emotion and secrets.

The story is well developed with lovable "real" characters that you find yourself very invested in.

A captivating story that kept me hooked until the end.
Absolutely brilliant and had me gripped from cover to cover! I found the writing style to be very captivating and the characters to be immaculately developed. I also enjoyed the fact that the story was told from four different view points as it really helped to thicken the plot and give it a whole new level of depth. Would highly recommend!
This is a powerful and emotional family drama, based on the lives of mark, Jenny and her two daughters Ellie and Ava! Jenny has a busy life as a single mother to Ellie and Ava and they are a tight unit of three, with occasional visits by the girls father. Once Jenny and mark meet and become an item the girls lives change dramatically, past secrets are revealed and other lies and deceptions are revealed along the way making for an interesting and revealing read. Many great characters but fir me Ava and Ellie stand out as both very different!
Thank you net galley for this early read.
I found this to be an interesting story about an extremely selfish and self centered man. Matt is a man who will mislead the women in his life to always have the women in his life see him in good light. Paula and Jenny are women who do their best to love Mark. Is Mark able to be a family man? Can he love his children as true gifts that they are?

This was a very detailed book with many different points of view. It took several days to read.
I really enjoyed this story and that it was not an obvious story.  The book is written from four POV Paula and Jenny who are the first and second wives of Mark.  Also Ava and Ellie, Jenny’s daughters.   You gradually learn what occurred in Mark’s First marriage that could now impact on his second.  I liked all the characters but particularly Ellie who is a unique eleven year old.  I read the book over two days and could of read it quicker.  I wanted to learn about the characters and get to the ending which might not be the traditional happy ever after but still lovely. My first task after completing this was to purchase he author’s previous book and I will be looking out for her third.
Thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
#HisSecretFamily #NetGalley
Ali Mercer writes with heart and soul.  His Secret Family is another well written, true-to-life family suspense-er.  Each character is lovingly developed and all-so-human.  Secrets abound  and the reader won't know them all until the end.  A definite for your TBR list!
Compelling. Heartbreaking. The character development was superb. It was an emotional read, inducing contrary pangs of empathy and apathy for the characters, specifically Mark. What he appeared to be—a cold and heartless cad—masked what he truly was: a very flawed man. Paula and Jenny were admirable women. It was an evocative story that left its imprint.

I highly recommend this book.

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher, and Ali Mercer for an ARC of 'His Secret Family' in exchange for an honest review.
Really enjoyed this novel. The writing flowed and the characters were depicted very well. Couldn't wait to find out what happens next.
Such an emotional book , written with care and elegance. A really great read that I enjoyed throughly.
Absolutely fantastic had me gripped!!! Loved it! Can't wait for more from.this author. Storyline was great, characters were easy to.connect with