Cover Image: Good Little Liars

Good Little Liars

To be blunt, I struggled with this book.  I kept reading to try and figure out what happened to Tessa all those years ago, but once it was revealed, I was underwhelmed and a bit disappointed.  The setting (Tasmania) was new to me and described beautifully but that was the highlight of the story.  I finished, but barely.

Thank you to Sarah Clutton, Bookouture and NetGalley for the ARC.
Twenty-five years after her friend Tessa dies in a tragic accident, Emma's marriage implodes, resulting in Emma and her daughter unexpectedly moving into the headmaster's former cottage on the grounds of her old school. There, to Emma's shock, she finds an explicit photograph of Tessa. During this time Emma is also catching up with old friends who are home for a reunion and dealing with the demands of recent single parenthood. Despite the distractions, Emma can't shake off the concern that the photo is proof of something she'd suspected - that Dr. Brownley, the current headmaster, was involved with Tessa.

Everyone will be forced to deal with difficult and uncomfortable feelings about returning home and their memories, because when Emma begins questioning what really happened to Tessa the women must all deal with the consequences of their action or inaction in years past. And everyone remembers it differently.

When I picked up Good Little Liars, it was listed in the crime fiction area, but that has been changed to literary fiction/women's fiction which seems appropriate. It just wasn't what I thought it would be, so I did not finish. But I do recommend Good Little Liars for fans of family/domestic drama.
This was a thriller you won’t be able to put down!  A must read for mystery and thriller lovers!
Thanks to Netgalley, the author and publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
A very interesting gripping and emotional read right from the start I was gripped, invested in  each member of family and their friends.
The book is centred around four women. After Emma's marriage breaks down, she moves into one of the schools properties. She finds a photo that's been hidden of Tessa. It had been taken the day before Tessa died. Is this evidence that Tessa's death was ot an accident? The women all remember the event differently. They also harbour secrets. The pace is very slow and drawn out. The middle seems to dip. The reveal, when it happened,was a it of a anti climax. I did enjoy this book even though it was a it confusing at times
If you like strong female characters, you will love this book! Set in Tasmania, in a well-to-do school, this book unravels the story of the loss of a childhood friend. You will feel for each character as you move through this one, an author who likes great characterisation. You won't be disappointed!
Good Little Liars. By Sarah Clutton
I rrate this book 3.5 stars
Emma held the photo for a long moment before her eyes focused on the girl’s face. She dropped it and let out a muted cry.The girl in the photograph was Tessa.
A story based on Emma,Marlee,Harriet and Clementine and an upcoming school reunion 25 years later and the mystery of a school friend who died just before they left school.
I enjoyed this book and the mystery  in the storyline,an easy read.
.Friendships,families and secrets.
I read this through Netgalley.
I thought this would be more of a mystery than a chick-lit, but I was wrong. With that being said, I enjoyed the book a whole lot more than I thought I would. Everyone has their own story, something they remember differently from everyone else and each story is tied into the whole big picture nicely. I liked the characters. There's lots of drama and secrets. A very solid and entertaining read for me.
The premise of this story really intrigued me but once I started reading it fell a little flat. I wasn’t able to truly connect with characters and writing so it took me a while to finish it. I was really hoping to enjoy this book more than I did.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.     Thank you NetGalley!

Good Little Liars was my first book by this author, and I was not disappointed.
I literally could not put this book down.     There were twists I didn't see coming.
The writing style was amazing, and the book kept my interest from the first chapter.
The cover and premise of this one drew me in but I just could not get into this story. It was a very slow burn with little pay off, weak character development, unlikable characters, and just an okay read. There was some good drama and I loved the setting but that was about it for this one.
Emma, Marlee, and Clementine are all back living in their home town just as their 25-year reunion from a private girls’ school is gearing up.  The reunion itself is reason enough for the women to start reminiscing, especially when it comes to their classmate, Tessa, who accidentally died on campus during their senior year.  But was it an accident?  Who was really there to say…really?  This was the first book I’ve read by this author, and I enjoyed it.  She did a great job of switching between perspectives and keeping the characters clear (even when I thought I might get confused---I never did!).  I was a little dissatisfied with the reason for Tessa’s death to have been such a secret, but have to say I really did enjoy the rest of the book.

Special Note:  Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book! I initially thought it might be predictable, but it turned out that it kept me guessing throughout the story.  A fun read for book club!
Twenty five years ago, a student died at a prestigious school is Australia: was is an accident or murder?
In the present day, school friends are preparing for a reunion and secrets are ready to be revealed…
Emma’s day gets off to a bad start when she sends an email reply to all instead of just her best friend Marlee. Hugely embarrassed, she returns home and discovers her husband naked with their cleaner.
Harriet is coping with the breakdown of her marriage to Ben but she also needs to deal with her whirlwind daughters coming home.
Marlee starts a new job and has a one night stand wtih Ben but will the consequences be long lasting?
I loved the way that the different narrative strands were woven together thoughout the book. Emma and Marlee inspire empathy and sympathy whereas Harriet projects a tough image which hides a heartbreaking past.
But how does this all connect to the death of Tessa 25 years ago? Again, this thread is cleverly intertwined throughout the plot thanks to the skill of author Sarah Clutton. Many of the characters have knowledge of the circumstances of Tessa’s death but it isn’t until the end that we get the full story.
The main women characters are all strong, often possessing an inner strength that they weren’t aware of as they face the challenges of the events in the book.
Good Little Liars was an enjoyable read about the relationships and empowerment of women, whilst having a mysterious death at its core uniting the different threads.
Disclaimer: I received this book from Netgally for review purposes.

I didn't know a lot about this book going in and I'm kind of glad after reading the description given for it. Let me say I liked this book ! The characters stood out and we're envolved, complex, and likeable but the mystery was a little flat for me. This book felt more like a fiction novel about women struggling with their identities and who they are, who they're suppose to be, and their roles in life. The mystery kind of just felt like a side story, but not the main story.

Still, I got a good feel for their lives and it felt realistic. It all also wrapped up well and that's one of the things I look for in stories.

I'd recommend but probably not if you're looking for a mystery you can't put down and more of just a chick lit type.
Haunting and extremely suspenseful.
Many thanks to Bookouture and to NetGalley for providing me with a galley in exchange for my honest opinion.
Denham House is an excellent all girls school and a class reunion for the girls who graduated twenty five years previously is being planned.  The story evolves around three friends, Emma, Marlee and Harriet who have all been haunted by the death of their friend Tessa days before the graduation.  Emma has always had her doubts that Tessa’s death was accidental.  After having to leave their home after her husband left her,  Emma and her daughter move into the old Head’s cottage on the school grounds as she works at Denham House.  In the cottage she discovers an explicit photo of Tessa and this stirs up all her suspicions of their old teacher Dr Brownley, who is now the Headmaster and is also the brother of Harriet.  Emma starts to question the events of 1993 and finds that all her friends remember the event differently but they are all hiding secrets of their own.  The story is told from the perspectives of Emma, Marlee and Harriet with flashbacks from twenty five years ago.  This is a really good debut book, with likeable and believable characters.  A compelling and recommended read.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
In Good Little Liars the main character Emma is haunted by the death of her friend Tessa. Twenty-five years after Tessa's death, Emma finds herself back at her old school and discovers an explicit photograph of Tessa. This discovery leads Emma to ask questions and head down a determined path to find the truth. Her determination draws in her old friends Marlee and Clementine, each who are trying to deal with their own feelings and experiences from 25 years ago.

Alternating the POVs in this book was a lovely touch. It allows the reader to understand a bit of what is going on in each of the women's' minds.

I would absolutely recommend this book to a friend, and plan to suggest it for my book club.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a free ARC in exchange for my honest opinion on this book.
First off, a huge thank you to Bookouture for the eARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review!

I feel terrible that it took me forever to get to this book, but once I did I read it in two huge sittings.  On a road trip but still, it really kept me engaged from start to finish.

It all started back in school with a dead classmate, and a group of friends that are just full of secrets and lies.  In the present day, a large group email is sent by accident which opens up the can of worms again in relation to the deceased student.  Someone saw this, someone heard that, and all of a sudden the whole mystery is on everyone's minds again.

There are multiple different viewpoints being told within the small circle of friends, each with their own issues, lives, marital problems, and point of view on the situation.  It flipped around enough that I stayed pretty interested as I would want to get back to one woman or the other.

The part with Emma and the house keeper, omg😂.  Also some parts with Marlee and Ben😂

It all ended a little conveniently once they figured out what happened, but it wasn't a terrible ending.  There was one character mentioned in the epilogue portion that hadn't been mentioned before and I didn't know what it meant!

All in all this is a funny mix of mystery, drama, women's fiction, bit of a thriller at times, and a whole lot of lies to unravel.  I would recommend for readers who enjoy multiple points of view and seeing storylines come together!

Thank you again to Bookouture for the advanced copy!

Blog post can be seen at
Emma held the photo for a long moment before her eyes focused on the girl’s face. She dropped it and let out a muted cry. The girl was Tessa.
Loving wife and mother Emma rarely thinks about the day twenty-five years ago that her friend Tessa fell to her death, or the secret that she made Emma swear to keep just hours before. But when her marriage implodes, Emma and her daughter find themselves moving into the headmaster’s former cottage on the grounds of her old school – Denham House. And there, Emma finds the photograph: an explicit image of Tessa, looking directly at the camera.
Old friends Marlee and Clementine, are home for a reunion. But they don’t want to talk about Tessa’s accident, and with the demands of single parenthood, Emma has plenty to distract her… but she can’t shake the image of the photograph. Or the thought that it’s proof of something she had long suspected: Dr Brownley, now headmaster, was involved with Tessa. Was it a mistake to keep quiet about what she knew?
Marlee and Clementine have their own complex feelings about returning to their hometown. And when Emma starts to question what really happened to Tessa, each woman must deal with the consequences of decisions they made all those years ago. Because the more Emma digs into the past, the more she discovers that everyone remembers it differently, and that the innocent schoolgirls she thought she knew are hiding some very big secrets.

This is a really good debut novel from the author.
Well written plot and story line that I found engaging from the start.
Definite whodunit that kept me guessing til the end with all the twists and turns.
Good characters that had a bit of humor mixed in to their dialogue. Found them believable.
Will be looking out for more from this author.
Recommend reading.

Thank you to Bookouture via NetGalley for providing a digital ARC of Good Little Liars by Sarah Clutton for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own opinions.