Cover Image: Would Like to Meet

Would Like to Meet

This was a cute story about a young woman trying to prove to her jerk of a client that love exists and it can happen in a meet cute. I really enjoyed this story, a lot actually. I found myself eagerly waiting to find out what happened next and what new catastrophe would befall our heroine. I did predict the twists, not mad about it, it is a rom com after all. I did find our main character Evie to be a bit immature at points especially for someone her age. There was one specific moment that I can recall where I just felt like it was so out of place and out of character and was done more just for plot than because it was who she is. There was another scene with another character towards the end that felt very... out of sync with who they are as a person and I’m glad it was called out for being dumb and immature and wrong, but I would have preferred a different scenario. Regardless, I really enjoyed this it was so cute and I just devoured it. Love the writing style, the touches of screenplay were *chef’s kiss* and felt super natural and inline with the story. I’m so happy that I got the chance to read this!
This book follows Evie as she makes her way through her late twenties, her friendships, her career, and some new tasks at hand.. plan and play out different meet-cutes to help a writer get inspired. Only theres a twist, a massive one.. where you think you figured it out, and no.. no  you didn't. You will laugh with Evie, you will fall with Evie.. in many ways, and you will learn with Evie. The character built was... almost non-existent? and yet was absolutely perfect. You didn't need to know every aspect of how the characters looked or grew together, because you got to know them as people. I found myself irritated at some of the connections she had and how her and her friends treated each other, I found myself wanting to scream at her to stand up for herself.. all the time. When the climax was settled, it was settled way too quickly. With so many details in every other aspect, I think there could have been more done with fixing the "problems." But over all, I fell for who I needed to fall for, I loved the writing style, switching between convo's and texts, script/screenplays, and every day interactions. It was good, I would recommend for any one who wants a light, fun read but still wants to not know EXACTLY what's going to happen like you do with so many romcoms.
Would Like to Meet seemed like a perfect read for someone who loves watching rom-coms as much as I do. At first, I thought I would be just another rom-com book with a cute story, but I was actually quite pleased as I was reading because it was a very funny story.
The story was interesting and even though it was a bit predictable, I deeply enjoyed reading it. The characters were great, from Evie who was just so relatable in many aspects to Annette who was just awesome. Evie’s friends were super cool, Ben was just lovely and even Ezra was somewhat likable. I truly hated Monty from the very beginning and until the very end, though.
All the troubles and twists in the story make it light and fun and I loved the connection to the all-time favorite rom-com movies.
I loved the ending and I loved the way everything turned out. The writing style was descriptive enough but also light and enjoyable and that puts Winters on my radar. I’ll certainly be looking forward to reading more of her books.
Thank you to G.P. Putnam's Sons / NetGalley for the digital copy in exchange for an honest review!

I don't have a ton to talk about with this one. It's witty, funny, and a cute concept. I understand why other people would really enjoy it. I just wasn't a fan in the end.

The writing style didn't really bother me, but the characters got on my nerves from the beginning. I didn't like the reason Evie had to go on "meet-cutes." It wasn't realistic. Nothing that happened in this book was realistic.
There is absolutely zero steam in this romance novel, which is fine, but I need a little bit AT LEAST. It keeps me flipping those pages.
I just don't have a lot to say.

Like I said, the writing isn't bad. I'll give it credit for the wit and the concept. It didn't wow me, and I want to move on now.
Hmmmmmm.

Initial thoughts:

Cute Novel
Great story line
Fun characters

To be fair.  This was exactly as it was purposed a cute, light and fun read.  Everything meshed well.  My only complaint and this is a little baby one.  It could have been shorter.  The back and forth toward the end of the book was trying my patience a smidge.

Overall, I enjoyed it.  Would recommend it to other like minded readers.
this was  one of my favorite books of the year

this book...it's got all the feels

i don't think any book has caused me to laugh this much - seriously- with the exception of a few chapters (maybe) i laughed in every one

this book - pure magic

although written in 1st POV - Evie's - i still felt that i got a really good sense of the other major characters- and one nearly outshines Evie

as i read the book, i kept hoping the ending didn't disappoint me... because really, i hate it when that happens- but the ending was just about perfect

i can't wait for ms winter's next book (hopefully it's not a long time)
An interesting take on Rom Com's in book form.  And while I didn't love it, the heroine Evie   made me laugh as she was trying to prove to Erza that a "real life" rom com could actually happen.
This book is not what I expected when I picked it up...which is both a good and a bad thing! I think the description is very misleading and may have actually caused some of the slight annoyance I felt reading it, but this book turned out to be very cute and heartwarming in the end. The characters won me over, despite their many flaws (Annette, the deaf seven-year-old Evie strikes up a friendship with, was a particular favorite of mine). :)
That said, the plot from the beginning seemed very straightforward. I've read a lot in this genre, so I really thought I knew where we were headed with this one. The hot screenwriter, deeply hated by the struggling agent's assistant, needs her help. They embark on a challenge and a deal to get things done, and they discover they like each other along the way.
NO. There's so much more to the plot here than that!
One of the worst things about this book is that you don't know who you're rooting for the entire time. We've got two main love interests, Ezra and Ben - and the entire time you kind of like them both, until you catch up the whole sham happening here. I was so bothered by the fact that this felt like a love triangle, because that's not what I enjoy at all. It took a good 75% of the book for that issue to clear itself up, and I finally knew who I wanted to win our heroine's affections. (Don't get me wrong - I'm usually the one that's #teamheroine and none of the other guys when I see a love triangle, but Evie herself was hard to like sometimes. Sure, I rooted for her, but how can one person screw so, so many times??)
I just went in to reading this with very different expectations, and while I liked it, I think there was a lot more potential here through strong revision. The concept itself was quirky and fun, but if I hear or read the word "meet-cute" for the next several years I will probably just throw up. Read it, but not with high expectations!
I love a good rom-com book and Would Like to Meet totally satisfied that for me. The story is cute, yet a bit predictable. The book overall left me feeling good!
Rom-com fans will love this book, a rom-com within a rom-com (within a rom-com, within a rom-com...) that follows 29-year-old assistant Evie as she attempts to prove that people really can fall in love like in the movies. There are a lot of layers to this story, which weaves together plots of grief, changing friendships, career woes, and romance into a sweet story about taking chances on love and in love. I adored the voice and the characters (especially sweet Ben and his adorable daughter Sidney) and devoured the book in two sittings. I will say that most, if not all, of the conflict here comes to a very predictable end (and it can be frustrating as a reader to see that Evie has NO IDEA what's going on when everything is really crystal clear) but since when do rom-coms have to be shocking to be great? A lovely, romantic read.
OMG THIS WAS ADORABLE! And so unique! I LOVE how it was about a screenwriter! So cool, I’ve never read anything like that before! I really liked a reading all Evie’s  the meet cutes but I will say by the end it got a tad bit repetitive in the way they all ended up. I was hoping at least one of them would stick! But I loved following Evies journey.. Shes stuck in such a rut in her work life and love life, I felt for her and was rooting for her the entire time! I even felt some second hand embarrassment for her, like the one with the guy in the Ramones shirt!  I thought the romance was really sweet. I did think it was going to be a love triangle there for a second but I’m happy the way it turned out. It was slowly developed but I still enjoyed watching it unfold!  The ending left me grinning ear to ear and clutching my kindle. Super cute!
I thought this was a cute story, and I enjoyed the nod to all of the rom-coms, but the story was pretty predictable and I wasn't surprised by the ending. It was definitely a feel good story, but fell a little bit flat for me. I liked Evie, and I loved Ben & his daughter, but Ezra was awful & manipulative. It made me a little bit sad to see Evie being used repeatedly for his creative purposes. If you like rom-coms, you'll probably enjoy this book!
I picked up this book last week, wanting a quick and fun read, and "Would Like to Meet" definitely fit the bill! I loved the premise, even though I wasn't exactly sure that would fly in the real world -- definitely felt like a rom com convention rather than a real workplace -- and Evie was just an adorable protagonist. It was also appreciated that Ben wasn't a "perfect" foil to Evie - he had a temper, he was closed off at times, and he had baggage of his own.  Anette and the JEMS were also great side characters; Rachel Winters did a great job in creating a believable world. Especially the hen do from hell -- we have all been on those! I did enjoy the book quite a bit, and I"m glad that I read it - I just wish we had more, especially Evie's write ups of the "meet cutes" -- they sounded so charming, and I'd definitely see the movie. 3.75 stars from me! (review to be published on shesfulloflit.com later this month).
If you’re a fan of rom-com movies, this one is right up your alley. It’s a rom-com about rom-coms and gives nods to many all-time favorites including Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle, Fools Rush In and Serendipity. If you aren’t a fan, you might have a problem following along. Evie is an insecure, 29-year-old failed screenwriter who has been toiling away as an unappreciated agent’s assistant for the past seven years after being told that she didn’t have what it takes to be successful. Now the agency she’s with is at risk of folding if they can’t get their one big-name client to get over his writing block and come up with a rom-com script (not his wheelhouse). The only way she can convince him to meet the producers’ 3-month deadline is by reenacting famous meet-cutes and sending him her copious notes. In the process, she not only routinely humiliates herself but she also misses a possible real-life meet-cute that’s right under her nose. This is a fun read full of slapstick and witty banter with a very slow-burn romance angle. Nothing groundbreaking, but completely entertaining.

I received a complimentary ARC of this book from G.P. Putnam's Sons (Penguin) through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed are completely my own.
It has been a long time since I read a chick lit book I liked this much. It’s completely adorable, and made me laugh out loud several times! There are a few chick lit tropes (London setting, gay best friend, heroine unappreciated at work), but the tongue-in-cheek nature of Evie's attempts to recreate the meet-cutes from various rom coms makes it feel like an inside joke rather than a cliche. Highly recommended!
3 What are the Odds Stars
* * * Spoiler Free
Sometimes movies can suggest how life could be...We forget they are fiction, fantasies, and can hold them up to be attainable. I am referring to those addictive RomComs that have been a staple of the film industry forever. Each generation had its own version. And each generation had their interpretation of a Cute Meet...

For many, these meetings at a bar where the girl would turn and practically spill a drink on the best-looking guy in the world.... would never end up in Real life like it did in the movies...Instead, the guy would probably be full of himself, slight too drunk and start either yelling at her to get away or come on to her in the grossest manner possible.

Most of the physical Cute Meets today could case truly dangerous results...So the idea of using them for the focus of a novel works because we all know in the Real World, they don't usually happen.

This book took all of the above and paired it with a strong woman determined to have the promotion she deserved. Evie Summers has been with a TV and film agency for seven years, babysitting an obnoxious screenwriter. His contracted RomCom is due and he has writer's block.

Things are dire and Evie's boss has put her into a position where it is her responsibility to get this guy to finish his last script. Ezra being Ezra announces there is No Cute Meet in RL and only if Evie can prove there can be true love from one will he buckle down and do his job of writing.

With so much at stake, Evie goes out to prove him wrong...With horrific and hysterical results.

This book did all the Cute Meets that could turn sour, there were laughs and embarrassing moments. Evie had her friends to support her and after it was all said and done, there was an ending with a meet that ended up as real.
The best way to describe this book is that it is a romcom about romcoms. Evie was a likable character and I really enjoyed reading her quest to find love. This was a quick and easy read and I enjoyed it even though it was a bit predictable. I enjoyed Rachel Winters' writing and look forward to reading more from her!
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from NetGalley.

Would Like to Meet is a rom com about a rom com about rom coms. Yup. Overall the book was very cute, though a bit predictable. There are some funny moments, but unfortunately I didn’t love the main character as much as is probably intended. There are moments where she makes mistakes, which is standard, but she can come off kind as self-absorbed and ends up hurting her friends in the process. As I mentioned, the end was pretty predictable, but still enjoyable.
This was a solid romance title. At first I was a little unsure about the plot but Winters writing style was so great and I immediately fell for the main character Evie as she went about all the different meet-cutes. Definitely recommend this for any romance fans. I'm looking forward to Rachel Winters next book!
Ugh unfortunately couldn’t get through this book. I just didn’t connect with the characters or care about them at all.