Eat Yourself Healthy

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 26 Sep 2019

Sorry, this book  did not come up to my expectations. I found it hard to read and I don’t think that I learned anything new. Unfortunately I did not enjoy it.
I was given a sample of this book in exchange for an honest review.

In this book, Dr Megan Rossi explains the importance of the gut for overall health and well-being. There are tips and advice on how to improve your gut health which will lead to improvements in all aspects of your life.

The information is useful and thought-provoking and is explained in an easy-to-understand way. I haven’t tried any of the recipes yet, and while some of the ingredients might not be readily available in all supermarkets, the dishes look very tasty and interesting.

I recommend this book to anyone interested in improving their gut and overall health.

Thank you to NetGalley and Penguin Life for the opportunity to read and review this title.
I’m sorry, I just didn’t fall in love with this book. I think for a healthy eater or dieter, it could be good. Put found the review copy to hard to read and it wasn’t for me.
Have dipped in and out of this book - I requested it to compare with another book about gut health.  Some useful information.

As this is essentially a "self-help" book, it's not a book to sit down and read in one go, so can't really review like an ordinary book.  Useful references if you are concerned about your gut health though.

My thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for an ARC>
I have various gut problems so was interested to read this. It's an easy read but didn't tell me much I didn't already know. There is an option to do an online questionnaire which would add extra informations and advice, but the link wasn't working in the ebook I was sent so I can't comment other than to say I like the idea and it would probably take this book above the others in this category.
Really enjoyed this, informative but not patronising or preachy. I learned lots and I’m excited to see the benefits!
An excellent look at how having a happy gut leads us to having a happy life
This is much much more than a book on diet
I was given an ARC of a sample of this book to review. I can only base my thoughts on the part of the book I was able to read.

I have an interest in maintaining a healthy gut as I have some issues from time to time. Most of what I read in this book was new to me.

My take aways from this book are:- the advice to ask yourself these questions "How will I feel if I continue versus if I stop?" and What will my life look like in one year if I continue versus if I stop". I felt these two pieces of advice could be applicable to any change in your life and worth remembering. The other one is to eat misshapen fruit as apparently it contains more polyphenols.

There are also some good recipes in the book including one for Prebiotic chocolate bark and my favourite Banana, fig and courgette breakfast loaf which I hope to make.

There is a website which when you have a full copy of the book you can access certain things such as a stress assessment. As I haven't seen these extras I can only comment that it seems a useful addition to the book, however, how detailed they are I am unsure of.
Edited: to say that I have now received a copy of the full book. I've been able to access the assessments and they really do add an extra dimension to the book and I was pleasantly surprised by my results. The book is set out really well, with lots of clear text for dipping into and some lovely colour photography. A book you will want to refer to again and again.
I am very pleased to have now had access to the full book, rather than just the excerpt, and my belief that this would be a book with much to offer has been confirmed.

There is just so much common sense and guidance in this book that it should be recommended reading for everyone on a processed "Western diet". I loved the detailed explanations of why one should eat various things and why one should not. Also interesting were the remarks regarding possible interaction with allopathic remedies. Basically, I cannot get enough of this book and the recipes are a bonus.

I have just two challenges with Eat Yourself Healthy, one is small the other less so. The small one is that I disliked the use of the word poop, for me too much like potty training for a small child. The larger and more serious challenge is that I feel the majority of people who will read this book will be the ones least likely to actually need to heed all of its excellent advice.
Although not long this well written and easily understood book has something for everybody. It sets out clearly and simply the latest medical understanding of the digestive system and how it works with the rest of the body, it gives advice on lifestyle, and it even gives useful and workable recipes for healthy living. A contemporary touch is the way it requires its reader to go online to take part in surveys. Some people may appreciate this more than others but my view is that this could have been developed further, or simply dealt with in the text. A book/smartphone interface is an interesting development of the genre. The book is an invitation to be drawn further into the range of services that the author provides and there is a sense that this is an attempt to monetize the concept. This may be very successful and popular but for me the basic book added little to a number of recent well written books on the subject.
A very informative book that is not just catering on weight loss and food intake but also about gut health and how certain foods can have an effect on our gut and bowels. It is written in plain English therefore easy to follow and understand. This makes a great addition to anyone’s health section of their bookcase.
Thank you NetGalley and Penguin Books for my eARC of this book
For someone like me who what I eat makes my stomach go on the rampage this book had some interesting points that I will certainly take on board - Its written in an easy way to understand and doesn't become boring. I would recommend this.
Interesting and informative guide to gut health. Not sure there was much that I had not already encountered however it was presented in a very accessible way.
This book has taught me so much. It has all you need to know about gut health and shows you how you can better your own gut health. Some wonderful recipes and routines to start putting in place. Just loved it!
I love books about healthy living and food and I found this very interesting indeed. Dr Rossi explains everything fully and I like that the mind-body connection is fully explored as the mental health benefits of healthy eating cannot be ignored. An informative and educational read with lots of easy actionable points.
I suffer with IBS and other gut issues, so was very keen to read this book.

From what I’ve read from a short sample review copy it does look useful, and I’m seriously tempted to buy the book.
A great introduction to the all important topic of gut health for those wishing to understand the subject better . The advice ,reasons for the advice, self questionnaires and recipes make for a satisfying read and a good start to a journey to better health.  I must confess I have a personal interest in the subject and have read scientific tomes on the subject , however this explains a complicated subject in an engaging and easy to read way . The recipes and food lists at the end also seem sensible and not full of specialist foods or ingredients like many books these days
Some good hints and recommendations that makes lots of sense really, living with a partner with type 2 diabetes will adopt many to see if his levels will change for the better.
loved many of the recipes and will enjoy making the others soon
I read a hard copy of this book on the 3rd October.  It was fascinating.  Very inclusive of ideas to look after and maintain your gut microbiota.  Lots of details on how you can help yourself  not only with diet, but exercise and yoga and some spaces for you to write your findings with your body - there are links to online questions to help you decide any problems.  Some of the common gut food intolerances are covered and there is a section of interesting recipes.

I originally gave only 2*s as the netgalley copy was diificult to read.  After reading 'the real thing' I'm changing that to 4.5*s, my only criticism being the cutting out of meat - I couldn't do this.

I read a free advance review copy from Netgalley.  This review is voluntary, honest and my own opinion.
I had the opportunity to read a pre-release copy of this book through netgalley. . I found ubd what I read to be interesting and liked that, as someone who has live with IBS long term, some of the suggestions were things I’d discovered worked for me so it will hopefully help some who are newer to heir diagnosis.