Cover Image: Field Trip

Field Trip

This second entry into the Sanity & Tallulah series is not quite as well-done as the first, but still a very fun read. Fans of the first will need this second and fans of both will need another entry to the series as well!
I got the first of the series in an OwlCrate box so I was super excited to continue the adventure of these two friends when I saw Molly Brooks had a second one out. So cute! So fun! Opening my eyes to more graphic novels. (Not my typical genre).
Such a great graphic series about two precocious girls who always seem to find their way into trouble. I love the artwork and the storyline, so far every book in the series has been a delight to read.
This is a fun series and I enjoyed this second book a little more than the first one. The characters are smart and adventurous, even in the face of pretty serious danger. I appreciate the diversity of the characters and the focus on science. Hoping for more space travels with these two.
Sanity and Tallulah are excited.  They've always lived on the space station, so they've never been to a planet before.  When they're class has a field trip planned to a planet they're excited to see a sunset or grass or animals native to the planet.  Things don't go as planned.  When they arrive, they're informed that the field trip program had been cancelled, so no one is expecting them.  There are also some asteroids that are flying through the atmosphere and cause damage to their ship.  Now they're stuck on a planet without a way home.  Sanity and Tallulah are separated from their class and discover a whole different world inside the planet where space bees are being used to mine a precious metal.  Will they be able to reunite with their class and escape the planet before the planet is demolished by a large asteroid?
This fantastic second graphic novel in the Sanity & Tallulah series expertly incorporates STEM and an exciting plot to engage and entertain readers. I loved seeing scientific girls driving a story. Highly recommend this title.
Just like the first Sanity and Tallulah book, this is a fun, feel good romp, written from the point of view of young people in the future just looking to explore and have a good time and getting into trouble along the way. This series will always be one I recommend to kids looking for a good graphic novel to read that will inspire some scientific observation, an appreciation for people different from us, and a real fun adventure.
This book is the second book in the Sanity and Tallulah series. It is about Sanity, Tallulah, and their class going on a field trip to a planet. Their trip gets off to a bad start and Sanity and Tallulah are separated from the other kids and their chaperones. Things go from bad to worse after that and the kids have to find a way to escape the planet as soon as possible.

I really loved this second book. I really love the characters of Sanity and Tallulah and how they are very different little girls. They both have their own interests and their own personalities. The story was really great too. I loved how it all turned out and I was hooked right from the start. This is one series that I really love and I hope that it keeps going. I love to see little girls that are so full of energy and curiosity.
I really enjoyed this second adventure with Sanity and Tallulah! You definitely have to read the first book to understand this one but you should read that anyway because it was also really good. I love the art, with the minimal colors. The story is filled with science, action, friendship, and humor. Tallulah is a great friend to Sanity even if she does test her patience. I'd hand this to a child who wants to read a science fiction graphic novel and lived Cleopatra in Space and Zita.
The Sanity & Tallulah series is fantastic! The writing is fun, the plots are exciting, and the visuals really bring everything to life. I love the friendship between Sanity and Tallulah - they are pretty much opposites in their personalities but they complement one another so well. I often felt like Tallulah was treated as a humorous sidekick and wish she could have played a larger role, but she does get a few hero moments. I hope in future stories she gets to do more than add some comic relief. I also love that this book puts two young girls as experts in fields like science and engineering - and that it makes the kids the heroes showing the importance of problem solving skills and teamwork. I hope that young readers read these books and get interested in STEM fields. Field Trip has higher stakes than the first book, but I think that's great because it allows the series to grow with its audience. I highly recommend that teachers and librarians add this book (along with book #1) to their libraries.