Butterfly

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 Jan 2020

This is the first book I've read from this author and let me just say, it will not be my last. I'm about to purchase every book she has ever written based on this book I've read. I'm not sure how I've never crossed paths with this authors books until now but this story was absolutely amazing!!! I devoured this book in one sitting. Morgan, Aria, Isa, Ahmeek, Bash, Ethic, Messiah, Yara and Messari will have you loving them all in very different ways. This book was full of angst, suspense, steam, passion, pain, laughs, drama, betrayal and so much more. I loved these characters and I cannot wait to get more of them. It's hard to write a review for a book without giving anything away but trust me when I say you do not want to sleep on this book. I cannot wait for Butterfly II to come out because I'm beyond ready for it now. This book WAS EVERYTHING and HAS EVERYTHING I look for in a romance read and IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT.
If I had to give this novel a rating, I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. Because I am a fan of both Ashley Antoinette and JaQuavis, I pretty much predicted what would happen. It was all just a matter of when it would happen. For me, the novel was a bit slow. All I kept saying was, “What’s taking him so long?” All in all, it was a good read. Minimal errors. The ones that were there were just omitted letters in certain words and omitted words in certain sentence. I also appreciated that you don’t actually have to read the Ethic series in it’s entirety to have an idea of what’s going on. Thank you to NetGalley for the advanced copy! I am extremely grateful!