Cover Image: The Liar's Sister

The Liar's Sister

Amazing powerful book about two sisters who are both connected to the disappearance of a teenage boy, Samuel, who went missing from their village many years earlier.Heather believes that Rosie may know more than she’s letting on about what happened to Samuel. Excellent book
This was fab! What a great story and ending! It was super easy to read and a great and exciting story
What a gripping book this is! Right from the start we are compelled into the story, and it really is hard to put down.

The setting is so atmospheric, it really adds to the chilling plot. The isolation of the village, and the depiction of the dark woods that surround it, really make you feel that this is a place where bad things could happen.

The story is told from several points of view, which I really liked. The plot seems simple at first, and like Heather, I was sure I had it all figured out quite early on in the story. But I was so wrong! Despite changing my mind as the story progressed, a series of shocking twists and turns had me proven wrong.

Perfectly paced, and tightly woven, with superb characters, this is such an excellent psychological thriller. Can’t recommend it highly enough.
A young boy, Samuel, goes missing from a quiet village and disrupts a town.  Rosie mourns the loss of her friend, but her younger sister Heather saw Rosie climb in the window that night and fears that she knows more than she says.  Heather never mentions it and the sisters, now estranged, come back to the village 10 years later to care for their sick mother.  Hoping to  heal, they instead have a break in, the house ransacked and a threatening note push both sisters to confront the past.
Told from both sisters' POVs - Rosie in the past, Heather in the present - the story was interesting and kept me reading!  I enjoyed the twists and turns in this psychological thriller.
Thanks to Bookouture, Sarah A. Denzil and NetGalley for the ARC of this thriller!
The Liar's sister is a thriller and suspenseful type of book if I were to place it in a category. It's about two sisters who basically lived in the middle of nowhere and one of the sisters disappears in the middle of the night only to return in the early mornings where her sister suspects she was up to something. Later that day, she finds out that one of her best friends disappears the night her sister came back home late and she feels as though she is hiding something from her. Where do I begin...honestly I couldn't really pinpoint how to feel about this book, to be honest. I felt like it was very...cliche??> It was a good story but a bit slow in some parts and the ending just didn't really cut it for me.
I love a great, fast paced, suspense novel and this is definitely one. I was hooked from the beginning and couldn’t stop thinking about this book until I finished it. The author did a great job with the characters so they were likable and easy to relate to. If you are wanting a quick read with a great story then this should be your next book.
The Liar's Sister is an intense whodunit suspense written from the POV of two sisters across dual timelines.  A local boy Samuel goes missing, secrets and rumors swarm the small village, and one sister, Heather, suspects her older sister Rosie may hold the answer to the mystery or in fact be the cause of his disappearance.  Ten years later, the sisters return after their mother passes away, and all the lies that have been told start to unravel forcing Heather to confront her sister and finally unveil her shocking truth.  Digging deeper to find the answers, the sisters find themselves in horrible danger with no one to trust. This book is full of the best kinds of twists - ones you don't expect!  My only complaint was that it felt a little YA between the writing style and the story elements - two sisters, first love, coming of age, etc. - but this isn't too surprising if you know that the author has previously written YA books.  Great effort by the author and I look forward to reading her other suspense - Silent Child.

Such a fast paced thriller that will suck you in and never let you go!  I have never read anything by Sarah Denzil before and I'm kicking myself for not.   This is a true pychological thriller that has an ending that will blow your mind and I don't usually say that.
The Liar’s Sister didn’t really grab me for several chapters, but I continued with it because I enjoyed another book by this author. The story did pick up and contained a few interesting twists. Unfortunately, I guessed almost all of them in advance. Despite this, the book was ultimately entertaining enough to keep my attention and I don’t regret taking the time to read it.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing a copy. This review contains my honest, unbiased opinion.
I'm honestly not even sure where to begin with this review. This was a fascinating read and one heck of a THRILLER.

Let's start with the bad... It took me until I was about 60% through the book to actually start getting into it. The beginning had caught my attention with the letter that Heather wrote to Rosie about the disappearance of her boyfriend 10 years earlier. This was of course a very intriguing way to start any book and I was into it until about chapter 5 where I didn't feel the book was moving forward.

jump to 60% of the way through (mind you it took me weeks to get here) and BAM. Everything went a million different directions. The book gripped me and took me for one hell of a ride. It took me less than 2 hours to read the last 40% of the book. IT WAS INTENSE.

This book kept me guessing right until the last freaking page. The more I read the more I couldn’t believe what I was reading. It was everything you would expect and want from a psychological thriller. Keeps you guessing, throws you for a loop, lets you think that you have the solution, then screws with your mind and throws you for another loop until your mind is literally blown.

I would recommend this to anyone into any sort of Thriller as it is exactly what you want from this genre.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
This was the first book I've read from this author and I enjoyed it very much. It was very well written and the characters were well thought out.
I received a free e-copy of The Liar's sister by Sarah A. Denzil from NetGalley for my honest review.

A story of two sisters, Rosie and Heather, who haven’t seen each other in years.  They haven't seen each other since their friend, Samuel Murray, disappeared when they were younger.  Heather has been caring for their dying mother and Rosie finally decides to come back home to see her before she passes.

Heather has always believed that Rosie had something to do with Samuels disappearance.  She even believes that Rosie might be dangerous.  A story of secrets and lots of twists that will not disappoint.
A fast-paced 5-star read.  I raced to the finish, desperate to know not only what had happened, but how it had all played out! I kept trying to guess at different scenario’s. Every single one was wrong – and WOW what an ending it was?
I really wanted to like this one. I think the story was good but it just didnt draw me in. So.i ended up giving up around half way through. I will go back and give it another try at some point though
A interesting family based drama. It gets pretty complicated at the end. And sometimes the characters actions were annoying.
At the same time it was compelling and a page-turner.
This had good writing and interesting characters.

The story had two narrators (sisters Heather and Rose) and switched between the present and a decade earlier. It does take a while for the story to build and it was a bit repetitive as you saw the same events from each side (with a slightly different slant).

The reveals (and there a few) were great and I admit I didn’t see any of them! They were quite dramatic and perhaps a bit over the top but I’m game. The conclusion and final chapter was the cherry on top, loved it!

This was highly entertaining and I would read more by this author. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Bookouture for a copy in exchange for a review.
In a small village a young boy Samuel goes missing.  Rose and Heather are sisters, totally different in nature and temperament but both are friends of Samuel especially Heather.  On the night of his disappearance Heather sees Rosie climbing back into their bedroom, upset and covered in mud, and she has always harboured the secret that Heather knew something about Samuel’s disappearance. Ten years later the book opens with Heather writing a letter to Rosie outlining these fears.  The story is told by both sisters in the past and the present.  They lost contact with each other when Rosie left home but are reunited as their mother is dying,  the close knit community in the village make it clear that they don’t want the sisters there as someone ransacks their house and leaves them a sinister note.  As the story unfolds there are so many twists and turns, secrets and lies to be revealed as to what happened on that eventful night and a totally unexpected ending.  This book will have you gripped and is a highly recommended read.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
Read this in one sitting in my new rocking chair sat by the wi Dow watching a storm wrapped in a blanket. I only moved twice and can’t wait to read more by this author.
This book will keep you guessing and then when you find out what the twist is you’ll be gasping!
5/5 on goodreads.
I was hooked on this book from the very beginning and it kept me guessing until the very last page.   Wonderfully developed characters that were so easy to relate to.   But so many secrets, lies and emotional ties.  Loved the surprises, twists and turns.  Never a dull moment!
I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a taut domestic psychological thriller.
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Another hit for Denzil and of course Bookouture.  I thought that this book was well written, amazing character development, and set up in a manner that made it possible to learn a ton about everything going on.  Chilling, thrilling, and completely unputdownable, like the others I’ve read by Denzil!  Don’t wait to grab a copy, this is one you don't want to miss!
Will make sure I buzz it up!