The Liar's Sister

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Sep 2019

I received a free e-copy of The Liar's sister by Sarah A. Denzil from NetGalley for my honest review.

A story of two sisters, Rosie and Heather, who haven’t seen each other in years.  They haven't seen each other since their friend, Samuel Murray, disappeared when they were younger.  Heather has been caring for their dying mother and Rosie finally decides to come back home to see her before she passes.

Heather has always believed that Rosie had something to do with Samuels disappearance.  She even believes that Rosie might be dangerous.  A story of secrets and lots of twists that will not disappoint.
A fast-paced 5-star read.  I raced to the finish, desperate to know not only what had happened, but how it had all played out! I kept trying to guess at different scenario’s. Every single one was wrong – and WOW what an ending it was?
I really wanted to like this one. I think the story was good but it just didnt draw me in. So.i ended up giving up around half way through. I will go back and give it another try at some point though
A interesting family based drama. It gets pretty complicated at the end. And sometimes the characters actions were annoying.
At the same time it was compelling and a page-turner.
This had good writing and interesting characters.

The story had two narrators (sisters Heather and Rose) and switched between the present and a decade earlier. It does take a while for the story to build and it was a bit repetitive as you saw the same events from each side (with a slightly different slant).

The reveals (and there a few) were great and I admit I didn’t see any of them! They were quite dramatic and perhaps a bit over the top but I’m game. The conclusion and final chapter was the cherry on top, loved it!

This was highly entertaining and I would read more by this author. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and Bookouture for a copy in exchange for a review.
In a small village a young boy Samuel goes missing.  Rose and Heather are sisters, totally different in nature and temperament but both are friends of Samuel especially Heather.  On the night of his disappearance Heather sees Rosie climbing back into their bedroom, upset and covered in mud, and she has always harboured the secret that Heather knew something about Samuel’s disappearance. Ten years later the book opens with Heather writing a letter to Rosie outlining these fears.  The story is told by both sisters in the past and the present.  They lost contact with each other when Rosie left home but are reunited as their mother is dying,  the close knit community in the village make it clear that they don’t want the sisters there as someone ransacks their house and leaves them a sinister note.  As the story unfolds there are so many twists and turns, secrets and lies to be revealed as to what happened on that eventful night and a totally unexpected ending.  This book will have you gripped and is a highly recommended read.
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book.
Read this in one sitting in my new rocking chair sat by the wi Dow watching a storm wrapped in a blanket. I only moved twice and can’t wait to read more by this author.
This book will keep you guessing and then when you find out what the twist is you’ll be gasping!
5/5 on goodreads.
I was hooked on this book from the very beginning and it kept me guessing until the very last page.   Wonderfully developed characters that were so easy to relate to.   But so many secrets, lies and emotional ties.  Loved the surprises, twists and turns.  Never a dull moment!
I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a taut domestic psychological thriller.
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Another hit for Denzil and of course Bookouture.  I thought that this book was well written, amazing character development, and set up in a manner that made it possible to learn a ton about everything going on.  Chilling, thrilling, and completely unputdownable, like the others I’ve read by Denzil!  Don’t wait to grab a copy, this is one you don't want to miss!
Will make sure I buzz it up!
A mystery/thriller told from differing point of views.  Two sisters are connected to the past through the disappearance of a friend in their youth.  The "lies" told at the time have affected both sister's lives and pushed them apart.  But, which one is the liar?  Returning to their old community, they must face the questions and find answers quickly before consequences catch up to them.  The surprise at the end is well worth staying up past your bedtime.
First off I would like to say thank you to Bookouture, Sarah Denzil, and Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book  In exchange for an honest opinion. This🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 book is a quick read with many twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the very end. A book that you will make you worry about both Heather and Rosie whenever you have to leave the book. My first Sarah Denzil book but certainly not the last!!
This book pulls you in from the beginning. It’s my first by this author and won’t be my last.
It’s a very compelling story of two sisters and a friend. One sister believes the other killed her friend. Did she or did something totally different happen.
It’s a fast paced great read from start to finish.
I loved it and give it 4 stars.
Thank you #netgalley for the copy of this book.
This is my own truly honest opinion/review of this book. I highly recommend it.
This was my first book by this author, and I can positively say that I really enjoyed reading this one. Its captivating. For sure I will be checking other books written by this author.
Sadly I didn't get to read a!I of this as I swapped kindle and couldn't re download , but based on the first half I really HAVE to buy it, I was hooked and really want to find out what happened.
This book was fast paced. Hard to put down. It flowed well and it was very well written. It caught hold of me and had me hooked from the start . I was literally on the edge of my seat reading this book.
This is the first book I have read by Sarah A. Denzil. This was a fantastic read. It was gripping throughout. There were plenty of twists and turns, that certainly had me guessing as to what was going to happen next.
This book is centred around two sisters who are height back together when their mother dies

The girls were connected to a modding child’s case sine years ago and are reluctant to return to the village. But why

This novel was atmospheric and had me gripped.

It was an easy, but very unsettling read and I will be certain to look out for more by the same author
Unfortunately this book just wasnt for me - I found it too far fetched and staged, it was over the top and didnt have any believability.

The first half of the book was much better, for me, than the back half.
Thanks for the opportunity to read this book.
Settling down with a Sarah Denzil book always invokes a feeling a warmth and happiness in me nevermind the genre of the book - a mystery filled psychological thriller. This is only my third book by the author and I am absolutely floored away with this one as well. The Only Daughter and Silent Child were spectacular reads and The Liar's Sister is equally thrilling, tense and twisty and so much more!

Sisters Rosie and Heather Sharpe were childhood friends with Samuel Murray - a local farmer's boy, a little weird and an outcast at their school but friendly and sweet! So when Samuel goes missing one night, both sisters who were close to Samuel are shocked and scared along with the rest of the village. Then night Samuel went missing Heather, pretending to be asleep saw Rosie climb in the window with her muddy clothes torn and tears streaming down her face. Heather never told anyone what she saw, but the secret has weighed on her and Rosie's relationship.  A decade later both sisters come face to face in Buckthorpe while saying their last goodbyes to their dying mother. Soon sinister things start happening, A gun is robbed from their house, a threatening note left and Heather always feels like she's being watched. Does she trust Rosie enough to let her back in her life? Did Rosie have something to do with Samuel's disappearance? And will her questions of the night Samuel disappeared be answered?

The characters in this book are excellent and very believable. Heather is an emotionally-damaged but smart girl who's last few years have been rough. Sister Rosie is equally emotionally damaged, perhaps worse but loses to the circumstances and becomes addicted to substance abuse. Both characters have been described so beautifully and the story is just so believable. I love the description of Buckthrope and its idyllic bluebell field. I can almost picture it in my mind! Even supporting characters of Samuel, Iris right down till Buckthrope Jack are so vivid and entertaining!  The plot in this one is excellent!! All the twists and turns leave you wondering what's coming next. This story has a lot of twists and quite literally the mother of all twists at the end will guarantee to leave you shocked! I recommend this book to anyone looking for a good psychological thriller peppered with family drama.

Thank you, NetGalley, Bookouture and Sarah Denzil for an arc!
The Liar's Sister is a great thriller that has some good twists and turns. It is well written and has great characters.