The Liar's Sister

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Sep 2019

This is the first book I have read by Sarah A. Denzil. This was a fantastic read. It was gripping throughout. There were plenty of twists and turns, that certainly had me guessing as to what was going to happen next.
This book is centred around two sisters who are height back together when their mother dies

The girls were connected to a modding child’s case sine years ago and are reluctant to return to the village. But why

This novel was atmospheric and had me gripped.

It was an easy, but very unsettling read and I will be certain to look out for more by the same author
Unfortunately this book just wasnt for me - I found it too far fetched and staged, it was over the top and didnt have any believability.

The first half of the book was much better, for me, than the back half.
Thanks for the opportunity to read this book.
Settling down with a Sarah Denzil book always invokes a feeling a warmth and happiness in me nevermind the genre of the book - a mystery filled psychological thriller. This is only my third book by the author and I am absolutely floored away with this one as well. The Only Daughter and Silent Child were spectacular reads and The Liar's Sister is equally thrilling, tense and twisty and so much more!

Sisters Rosie and Heather Sharpe were childhood friends with Samuel Murray - a local farmer's boy, a little weird and an outcast at their school but friendly and sweet! So when Samuel goes missing one night, both sisters who were close to Samuel are shocked and scared along with the rest of the village. Then night Samuel went missing Heather, pretending to be asleep saw Rosie climb in the window with her muddy clothes torn and tears streaming down her face. Heather never told anyone what she saw, but the secret has weighed on her and Rosie's relationship.  A decade later both sisters come face to face in Buckthorpe while saying their last goodbyes to their dying mother. Soon sinister things start happening, A gun is robbed from their house, a threatening note left and Heather always feels like she's being watched. Does she trust Rosie enough to let her back in her life? Did Rosie have something to do with Samuel's disappearance? And will her questions of the night Samuel disappeared be answered?

The characters in this book are excellent and very believable. Heather is an emotionally-damaged but smart girl who's last few years have been rough. Sister Rosie is equally emotionally damaged, perhaps worse but loses to the circumstances and becomes addicted to substance abuse. Both characters have been described so beautifully and the story is just so believable. I love the description of Buckthrope and its idyllic bluebell field. I can almost picture it in my mind! Even supporting characters of Samuel, Iris right down till Buckthrope Jack are so vivid and entertaining!  The plot in this one is excellent!! All the twists and turns leave you wondering what's coming next. This story has a lot of twists and quite literally the mother of all twists at the end will guarantee to leave you shocked! I recommend this book to anyone looking for a good psychological thriller peppered with family drama.

Thank you, NetGalley, Bookouture and Sarah Denzil for an arc!
The Liar's Sister is a great thriller that has some good twists and turns. It is well written and has great characters.
Samuel Murray went missing 10 years ago. That night Heather see’s her sister Rosie climbing in through the window but doesn’t let on.
In the present time Heather & Rosies mum is dying she tells Heather to find Rosie as she wants to see her before she dies. Heather finds her just in time. Sadly their mother dies and they go back to the house they grew up in and is now theirs
Strange things start happening and they are told to leave the village as nobody wants them there.
Has this got something to do with Samuel’s disappearance?
A fantastic read
Thanks NetGalley
This was a good read, dark, with lots of twists and turns. I didn’t know who’s story to trust by the end.
Heather’s mother is terminally ill, so she has been spending a lot of time in the village she grew up in.
Her sister Rosie is off travelling somewhere and rarely keeps in touch, but Heather manages to track her down and persuade her to come back to say her goodbyes.
Once their mother has passed, they discuss what to do with the family home. However, the villagers warn them off staying and tell them they must leave.
The girls’ friend Samuel disappeared from the village when they were teenagers, he was Heather’s secret boyfriend but Rosie accused him of trying to assault her, Heather is afraid Rosie may have killed him.
All sorts of secrets get uncovered in what follows and I didn’t see the final confession coming. Really enjoyed this book
The liars sister is a book full of suspense, secrets and unexpected twists!

Having read previous books by Sarah A denzil I knew this would be an enjoyable read and I wasn’t disappointed. The opening chapter is immediately intriguing it’s a letter heather has written to her sister Rosie where heather is convinced that her sister Rosie is responsible for her childhood friend Samuels disappearance ten years ago or that Rosie knows what had happened to Samuel.

The story alternates between past from ten years ago before their childhood friend Samuel disappeared and builds up to his disappearance and to the present day which I actually really enjoyed, it is also told from both Rosie and heathers perspectives which helps you connect to both characters, I really liked heathers character, I was desperate to find out what happened to Samuel and wether Rosie does know what happened to him on that night ten years ago? The twists were very enjoyable and un expected. If you’re looking for a good thriller that will keep you engaged and give you goosebumps then I highly recommend the liars sister it won’t disappoint.

Thank you to net galley for a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review 😊
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

4.5 Hearts I believe this is the first book from this author that I have read. But I do not believe it will be my last.

What a story. This book kept me not only reading but guessing. If you are a fan of suspense thriller than this is the book for you. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I love a thriller where I find myself changing the who-dun-it in my mind a number of times. And this one did just that.

The sisters are all grown now and have kept a lot of secrets over the years but now they are all unraveling.

Want a gripping thriller that will leave you wanting more? You have found it.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
The liars sister was a great book. It kept me guessing with lots of twists and turns. I enjoyed the narrative of the characters.
The Liar's Sister, by Sarah A. Denzil is a fast-paced thriller about two sisters, Heather and Rosie, who are reunited at their parent's house after years of being out of touch. There is still tension between the sisters, because things have not been the same for them after a boy named Samuel disappeared 10 years ago. Heather believes that Rosie had something to do with his disappearance. The truth begins to unravel as Heather confronts Rosie and begins putting together the pieces.
I thought the story moved along well, it kept me interested for the most part. There were quite a few twists that kept me guessing right up to the end. I would recommend this thriller.
Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher.   What a fast paced thriller,  never read anything from this author before but I will certainly do in the future.  Great read.
Rosie & Heather are sisters but they are very different. Rosie is the risk taker, the outgoing one whilst Heather is the more thoughtful one who always tries to think of the consequences of what she is going to do. Growing up they had been close but somewhere along the line they grew apart. Was that from the night a local lad went missing & Heather saw her sister climbing back into their bedroom covered in mud & obviously upset?

There had been little contact between them, but now as their mother is dying they return to their childhood home, but it is obvious that there are many in the village that want them gone as soon as possible. The story is told from the sister's point of view & from a then & now perspective. It is full of family secrets & their consequences. It was quite an easy read & I didn't see the revelations at the end coming.

Thanks to Netgalley & the publisher for letting me read & review this book.
I tried but I'm sorry: the book couldn't hold my interest. I see the glowing reviews and came to think it's me. Thanks, though, to the publisher and Netgalley for providing a copy!
The story was told between the past and the present which really helped to set the scene of the story.

Estranged sisters haunted by the past are reunited at the death of their mother.

A family drama built on secrets and lies, an enjoyable easy read
Rating: 3.5 stars

Thank you NetGalley for an advance copy in exchange for my honest review!

Slight spoiler!

I have mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed reading it, and it was definitely a page turner but it was lacking in something for me. The plot was pretty predictable, and it was almost frustrating because it took so long for Heather to find out. There was a couple of twists in there that I didn't predict and saved the book for me; I loved how the book ended with a letter, and that was it, there was no reaction from the sisters, I found it quite poetic.

Sooo yeah, it was enjoyable, a little annoying in the middle just waiting for things to progress, but a good ending.
The Liar's Sister By Sarah A Denzil
I enjoyed every minute of this book! As a huge fan of Sarah's book Silent Child I was delighted to get an advanced copy of this book and it did not disappoint.
I loved the characters and really enjoyed the plot.  The book had a great fast pace. This was a two day read for me, and I had to force myself to put it down at 1am to get some sleep and woke early on Saturday morning to finish it!
Thank you @netgalley Sarah A Denzil and Bookuture for sending me this book to read.
I really liked how the author took you back to when the main characters were younger and showed why the backstory was so important. She was able to wind current day events with the events that happened ten years ago and show why every small choice in life really does have an impact on one’s future. The ending was also mind-blowing.

This is a dialogue driven tale and moves along at a nice pace alternating between present day and ten years ago. The setting is the UK and the book contains some British slang and terms that are not common in North America. There is mystery as well as drama as the reader is led through Heather’s thoughts, suspicions and conversations with others. It is well written and the story flows nicely. I found it very entertaining.

The characters were very real. I also like the transitions between past and present. And just when I thought I had figured something out, each time there was a great twist. I devoured this book in one sitting- really well written with a lot of twists I didn't see coming. Usually you can predict a thriller's ending midway, but this one pleasantly surprised me.
I just love the way this author writes and when her latest new psychological book came available to read and review I had to request it and oh what a brilliant book The Liar's Sister by Sarah A. Denzil was. I just loved it. It was addictive, with lots of secrets and lies within the characters, fast-paced with lots of twists and turns everything you need in a good book. So, if you like books like this, this is a book for you. this new psychological thriller,

This book opens with a letter from Heather to her sister Rosie. This letter that tells Rosie that her sister knows what she did all those years ago – that she knows Rosie is a murderer. However, Heather never actually sends that letter to her sister.

Samuel Murray disappeared when they were younger and everything changed between Rosie and Heather. Soon, after high school, Rosie packs her belongings and leaves home. She rarely comes back to visit. Rosie once was a straight A student changes and goes down a long road of self-destruct path. Her much loved father dies and she goes home for the funeral and then leaves again for five years.

Years later her mother is now gravely ill and Heather knows she must find Rosie before its too late.

Where has Rosie been all those years?

What has she been hiding?

Can Rosie find Heather before it's too late to say Goodbye to their mum?

Where does Heather start?............to look for Rosie?

I highly recommend this book and all Sarah's books.

Big Thank you to Bookouture, Sarah A. Denzil and Netgalley for my advanced copy of this book to read. All opinions are my own and are in no way biased.
I received a copy thru Netgalley for a honest review.
THE LIAR'S SISTER by Sarah Denzil , is a very quick read and a little predictable. I figured it out pretty easily . I couldn't relate with Heather if I thought my sister committed a crime I would talk to her about it.