Cover Image: The Liar's Sister

The Liar's Sister

Read this in one sitting in my new rocking chair sat by the wi Dow watching a storm wrapped in a blanket. I only moved twice and can’t wait to read more by this author.
This book will keep you guessing and then when you find out what the twist is you’ll be gasping!
5/5 on goodreads.
I was hooked on this book from the very beginning and it kept me guessing until the very last page.   Wonderfully developed characters that were so easy to relate to.   But so many secrets, lies and emotional ties.  Loved the surprises, twists and turns.  Never a dull moment!
I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a taut domestic psychological thriller.
Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Another hit for Denzil and of course Bookouture.  I thought that this book was well written, amazing character development, and set up in a manner that made it possible to learn a ton about everything going on.  Chilling, thrilling, and completely unputdownable, like the others I’ve read by Denzil!  Don’t wait to grab a copy, this is one you don't want to miss!
Will make sure I buzz it up!
A mystery/thriller told from differing point of views.  Two sisters are connected to the past through the disappearance of a friend in their youth.  The "lies" told at the time have affected both sister's lives and pushed them apart.  But, which one is the liar?  Returning to their old community, they must face the questions and find answers quickly before consequences catch up to them.  The surprise at the end is well worth staying up past your bedtime.
First off I would like to say thank you to Bookouture, Sarah Denzil, and Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book  In exchange for an honest opinion. This🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 book is a quick read with many twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the very end. A book that you will make you worry about both Heather and Rosie whenever you have to leave the book. My first Sarah Denzil book but certainly not the last!!
This book pulls you in from the beginning. It’s my first by this author and won’t be my last.
It’s a very compelling story of two sisters and a friend. One sister believes the other killed her friend. Did she or did something totally different happen.
It’s a fast paced great read from start to finish.
I loved it and give it 4 stars.
Thank you #netgalley for the copy of this book.
This is my own truly honest opinion/review of this book. I highly recommend it.
This was my first book by this author, and I can positively say that I really enjoyed reading this one. Its captivating. For sure I will be checking other books written by this author.
This book was fast paced. Hard to put down. It flowed well and it was very well written. It caught hold of me and had me hooked from the start . I was literally on the edge of my seat reading this book.
This is the first book I have read by Sarah A. Denzil. This was a fantastic read. It was gripping throughout. There were plenty of twists and turns, that certainly had me guessing as to what was going to happen next.
This book is centred around two sisters who are height back together when their mother dies

The girls were connected to a modding child’s case sine years ago and are reluctant to return to the village. But why

This novel was atmospheric and had me gripped.

It was an easy, but very unsettling read and I will be certain to look out for more by the same author
Unfortunately this book just wasnt for me - I found it too far fetched and staged, it was over the top and didnt have any believability.

The first half of the book was much better, for me, than the back half.
Thanks for the opportunity to read this book.
Settling down with a Sarah Denzil book always invokes a feeling a warmth and happiness in me nevermind the genre of the book - a mystery filled psychological thriller. This is only my third book by the author and I am absolutely floored away with this one as well. The Only Daughter and Silent Child were spectacular reads and The Liar's Sister is equally thrilling, tense and twisty and so much more!

Sisters Rosie and Heather Sharpe were childhood friends with Samuel Murray - a local farmer's boy, a little weird and an outcast at their school but friendly and sweet! So when Samuel goes missing one night, both sisters who were close to Samuel are shocked and scared along with the rest of the village. Then night Samuel went missing Heather, pretending to be asleep saw Rosie climb in the window with her muddy clothes torn and tears streaming down her face. Heather never told anyone what she saw, but the secret has weighed on her and Rosie's relationship.  A decade later both sisters come face to face in Buckthorpe while saying their last goodbyes to their dying mother. Soon sinister things start happening, A gun is robbed from their house, a threatening note left and Heather always feels like she's being watched. Does she trust Rosie enough to let her back in her life? Did Rosie have something to do with Samuel's disappearance? And will her questions of the night Samuel disappeared be answered?

The characters in this book are excellent and very believable. Heather is an emotionally-damaged but smart girl who's last few years have been rough. Sister Rosie is equally emotionally damaged, perhaps worse but loses to the circumstances and becomes addicted to substance abuse. Both characters have been described so beautifully and the story is just so believable. I love the description of Buckthrope and its idyllic bluebell field. I can almost picture it in my mind! Even supporting characters of Samuel, Iris right down till Buckthrope Jack are so vivid and entertaining!  The plot in this one is excellent!! All the twists and turns leave you wondering what's coming next. This story has a lot of twists and quite literally the mother of all twists at the end will guarantee to leave you shocked! I recommend this book to anyone looking for a good psychological thriller peppered with family drama.

Thank you, NetGalley, Bookouture and Sarah Denzil for an arc!
The Liar's Sister is a great thriller that has some good twists and turns. It is well written and has great characters.
Samuel Murray went missing 10 years ago. That night Heather see’s her sister Rosie climbing in through the window but doesn’t let on.
In the present time Heather & Rosies mum is dying she tells Heather to find Rosie as she wants to see her before she dies. Heather finds her just in time. Sadly their mother dies and they go back to the house they grew up in and is now theirs
Strange things start happening and they are told to leave the village as nobody wants them there.
Has this got something to do with Samuel’s disappearance?
A fantastic read
Thanks NetGalley
This was a good read, dark, with lots of twists and turns. I didn’t know who’s story to trust by the end.
Heather’s mother is terminally ill, so she has been spending a lot of time in the village she grew up in.
Her sister Rosie is off travelling somewhere and rarely keeps in touch, but Heather manages to track her down and persuade her to come back to say her goodbyes.
Once their mother has passed, they discuss what to do with the family home. However, the villagers warn them off staying and tell them they must leave.
The girls’ friend Samuel disappeared from the village when they were teenagers, he was Heather’s secret boyfriend but Rosie accused him of trying to assault her, Heather is afraid Rosie may have killed him.
All sorts of secrets get uncovered in what follows and I didn’t see the final confession coming. Really enjoyed this book
The liars sister is a book full of suspense, secrets and unexpected twists!

Having read previous books by Sarah A denzil I knew this would be an enjoyable read and I wasn’t disappointed. The opening chapter is immediately intriguing it’s a letter heather has written to her sister Rosie where heather is convinced that her sister Rosie is responsible for her childhood friend Samuels disappearance ten years ago or that Rosie knows what had happened to Samuel.

The story alternates between past from ten years ago before their childhood friend Samuel disappeared and builds up to his disappearance and to the present day which I actually really enjoyed, it is also told from both Rosie and heathers perspectives which helps you connect to both characters, I really liked heathers character, I was desperate to find out what happened to Samuel and wether Rosie does know what happened to him on that night ten years ago? The twists were very enjoyable and un expected. If you’re looking for a good thriller that will keep you engaged and give you goosebumps then I highly recommend the liars sister it won’t disappoint.

Thank you to net galley for a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review 😊
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

4.5 Hearts I believe this is the first book from this author that I have read. But I do not believe it will be my last.

What a story. This book kept me not only reading but guessing. If you are a fan of suspense thriller than this is the book for you. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I love a thriller where I find myself changing the who-dun-it in my mind a number of times. And this one did just that.

The sisters are all grown now and have kept a lot of secrets over the years but now they are all unraveling.

Want a gripping thriller that will leave you wanting more? You have found it.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
The liars sister was a great book. It kept me guessing with lots of twists and turns. I enjoyed the narrative of the characters.
The Liar's Sister, by Sarah A. Denzil is a fast-paced thriller about two sisters, Heather and Rosie, who are reunited at their parent's house after years of being out of touch. There is still tension between the sisters, because things have not been the same for them after a boy named Samuel disappeared 10 years ago. Heather believes that Rosie had something to do with his disappearance. The truth begins to unravel as Heather confronts Rosie and begins putting together the pieces.
I thought the story moved along well, it kept me interested for the most part. There were quite a few twists that kept me guessing right up to the end. I would recommend this thriller.
Thanks Netgalley and the Publisher.   What a fast paced thriller,  never read anything from this author before but I will certainly do in the future.  Great read.