A Tale of Two Daddies

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

Obviously this book was aimed at children a lot younger than me, as it is a picture book and has very minimal writing. I read it in about 5 minutes and thought it was super cute. It was very to get through and the illustrations are adorable. I think it's an important read for children, to help illustrate to them that some people do have two dads and that's perfectly normal!
This is a fun rhyming picture book for young kids. It shows that whatever a family might look like, the important thing is that they love and take care of each other. It would be great for kids with two dads and their friends, or for any family who wants to teach their children about diversity.
A very cute and sweet book. Written very well and can be clearly understood by the intended audience.
This book was the most adorable thing that I have read in a while. To be frank I just love reading books that introduces complex topics in such a cute and innocent way. Very nicely done.
Adorable story told from the point of view of a little girl with two daddies. Either one or the other, or both, are good at all sorts of different things that parents do. It’s suxh a great message for little ones and a great way to introduce the concept of having two parents of the same gender. I especially loved the answers that weren’t one or the other of the daddies. “I’m old enough to match my own socks.” Good girl!
This was a super cute book with an absolutely beautiful message. Love is love. I loved the art in this book. I recommend this to everyone - all ages.
 A Tale of Two Daddies  is a sweet short story about a little girl who has two dads. The girl answers her friend's questions about her parents while in the playground in fun, easy to follow rhymes. The illustrations are colourful and beautiful, and the book carries a very important message of normalising having same sex parents. It's a cute delightful read, and something I think every parent should be reading to their children!
Relating this book to my personal opinion, I do believe that children are the mirror of their parents. And with the issues and things that happen in the homophobic society, LGBTIQ actors are often marginalised. As an impact of that marginalisation, their children are often experience some unpleasant experiences from the people around them. Therefore, I am so blessed for reading this book. It is very cute and it helps – not only the parents but also the children for not being so judgmental but to understand and to see the arena of LGBTIQ from different angles and perspectives.

Full review: https://literatureisliving.wordpress.com/2019/03/19/a-tale-of-two-daddies-by-vanita-oelschlager/
Sweet, simple, charismatic, and realistic — A Tale of Two Daddies is a kid-friendly book that touched my kiddo heart! Through its extraordinary and adorable illustrations, direct prose, and conversational storytelling, Oelschlager immerses and educates young readers by creating a warm, positive atmosphere that instils love, kindness, acceptance, and a sense of diversity.

It all starts with a simple tête-à-tête between two children — a girl and a boy in a playground. The prose is written in such a way that the conversation oscillates from the boy (with two questions) to the girl (with two answers) and back again. Leaning towards more on understanding the girl's family, the curious boy asks the girl how her two dads are able to accomplish their roles. Of course, the girl explains with such brevity and honesty that I find her incredible and valiant!

This adorable book wasn't preachy and Oelschlager successfully delves into the mind of how these sweet innocent kids think, feel, and act, thereby, delivering a natural, friendly conversation without any prejudice!

The message is fairly simple: whether you have a traditional or a non-traditional family, a parent is neither defined by gender roles nor gender identity. In fact, Oelschlager dissolves this stereotypical portrayal by presenting parents in a new light. That said, non-traditional couples can accomplish what the traditional ones can do and vice-versa!

This book also reminds me of my two favourite gay dads in YouTube — Matt & Blue who has a son named Crow and would often shout "Peace to the world!" at the start of every video.

I loved this so much and I can't wait to read this book to my future little Dean!
A very sweet and simple picture book with a conversation between two children written in verse. The book features a little boy asking a little girl questions about her two dads, such as who cooks you eggs, which dad braids your hair? It is a nice introduction for children to understand that some families may have two dads and not a mum, it may also help children of same-sex couples to show the joys of their family dynamic to others as well as see themselves represented in a book, where there are so many featuring a mum and dad.. In this series there is also A Tale of Two Mummies.
Beautifully illustrated throughout.
{My thoughts} – This book is quite similar to the book she had written called {a tale of two mommies} and it is just as good. I enjoyed this book. It helps children to understand that it is alright to have a different family dynamic. It’s alright that most children don’t have a mommy and a daddy. Some children have two mommies and two daddies. I am one of those people that don’t have an issue with other individuals and their life choices as long as they don’t affect my life and my children. When I say this, I don’t mean it in a bad way. People cannot help who they fall in love with and children cannot help who their parents are.

This book helps to show another side of what a real family can be like. As long as a child has a parent that will happily help them do whatever needs to be done to help the child grow, learn and become all that they can be. That it is possible for any child to become more then they are and that the parents that raise them with the values that are instilled in them are the only values that matter. This is a well written book and I am thankful to have been given the opportunity to share it with my children.
This day and age, children need to see books where their family situation is mirrored. More and more, there are families that exist of two dads or two moms, and this is normal. A Tale of Two Daddies normalizes this family situation for children. This book is appropriate for those in that situation and those that are not. The little girl is the child of two daddies, and her friends are just asking about what it is like. This is also a normal reaction from others.
The little girl calls one of her dads Daddy and the other Poppa to differentiate between them. She answers her friends questions about which parent helps her in the morning to who cooks. She says that neither of them like to stay up late and there things that she can do herself. At the end of the day, this is no different than children who have a traditional mom and dad as there is one parent who does certain things and the other parent who does others (and some things neither do).
The book ends by showing that both parents love their girl and it doesn't seem to matter that they are both male. The message is a good one and should be read by all.
So how's it like living with two daddies?
A little boy at the playground wanted to find out. Fortunately, his friend was more than happy and willing to answer all of his curious questions with sweet and adorable scenes from her everyday life with her two loving parents, Poppa and Daddy.

Conversations between children are so uncomplicated and easy. A question is asked and each answer given is taken without judgment. Curiosity is met and satisfied with simple truths. And the beautiful illustration in every page only helps to make the heartwarming journey through this book all the more worthwhile. ♥
Such a sweet book! I loved that each dad began to have a unique personality so you could anticipate what her response would be to each question. The artwork was beautiful also and really enriched the story.
"Who is your dad when you're sad and need some love?"
"Both, of course."
This was a super super cute little children's book with a super super important message! Set in a basic back and forth style of a boy asking a little girl which of her dads does what and her answers, this book helps normalize the idea that some kids have two dads and that's perfectly normal. As someone who works with kids on a regular basis, I know that books are some of the best ways to help kids understand new concepts, so I am very happy that this book has been out for eight years now! Also, side note, the illustrations are beautiful!
Very cute, sweet story of a child explaining the differences in her two daddies to her friends. It shows a two-father family as a normal thing to have, which is important. I love this contribution to picture book diversity.
Utterly beautiful. Perfect for all children - a wonderful way to normalise all parent types from a young age.
"Who is your dad when you're sad and need some love"
"Both, of course"

A Tale of Two Daddies is a cute little kids book in which it will be easy to explain to a kid how, yes, you can have two dad's - in this case daddy and poppa - and have all the things a usual mom and dad do. You're scared? You need to have your hair in braids? Poppa and Daddy can help! You feel down? Want a house in a tree? They can help!

It's told in colorful nice cartoons of a little girl that has two daddies, and her friend Lincoln. All his questions about her two dads and her answers on how it's all normal just like it's probably is with him.

As a older sister of 4 kids, as well as an older cousin of... well many kids, many who aren't kids anymore, I think it's a well thought out book, that will catch the eye of a small kids as well as teach them how their little friend on school who has two daddies is just like them.

Cute, colorful, well written. Totally am going to read it to my small charges of brothers and cousins!
A Tale of Two Daddies is adorable and super helpful for little ones who are figuring out their world. We live in Atlanta so double daddies are not exactly out of the norm but it’s still nice to se solid representation, adorably done, for the next generation.
I thought this was a decent book about a family with two daddies but it wasn't really anything special. We're seeing an increase of LGBT inclusive books which is absolutely great but they sort of seem like they're the same book over and over so it would be nice to get something a little more unique.