10-Minute Feng Shui

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Oct 2019

Maybe I would've liked it more if I was only reading this book - but I got the other book by the same author which was about decluttering and... and they are pretty much the same, some paragraphs are exactly the same. That is very sad.
A great introduction to Feng-Shui,especially for a beginner.

As a novice myself, I found the book very interesting.Starting from its origins,the author offers quick and easy ideas to apply to different situations and areas of your life.
What I loved is that everyone can take inspiration easily  without being obliged to follow religiously all of the tips.
10-Minute Feng  Shui is a very interesting book and well written. There are some great ideas and quick ways to do a little Feng Shui in a small amount of time.
A nice companion to the author’s book on decluttering.  This volume goes into much more detail about the principles of feng shui and how those principles apply to arranging a comfortable home.
I REALLY like this book. I’ve been following Feng Shui for over 15 years, after a friend gifted me with a book about it. I may not believe that closing the toilet lid will protect my money, but much of the advice on how to keep your home laid out and decorated just feels right (and it’s easy enough to keep the toilet lid down!). There are a lot of aspects to Feng Shui, and you can take or forget whichever parts you like. It’s not about magic, it’s about feeling at peace in your home, so taking Feng Shui directions that feel right to you will bring happiness.

This particular book is great. It starts with an introduction to what Feng Shui is. There is no need to follow every Feng Shui suggestion, you decide where you need help and what works for you. Then the book gives hundreds of 10-minute fixes, meaning any change will take 10 minutes or less. Again, there is no need to follow every suggestion in the book, you choose what you can do, according to what you want to do. Hang a mirror over the stove? I can do that. Place a jade plant in the kitchen window? I can do that too. Will it help my finances? Well it will make my kitchen look nice at the very least! Will cleaning under my bed keep me healthy? It certainly won’t make me sick.

The last part of the book lists things that will take more than 10 minutes but less than a day. Painting, installing, planting and organizing.

Honestly, reading through Feng Shui books make me feel energized to get things done, and this book is chock full of helpful EASY ideas. Most Feng Shui ideas revolve around keeping your home clean and beautiful, and there can be plenty magical about having a happy home.

Feng Shui is for those who want to make small changes in their life, and those who like the more extreme Marie Kondo way of life. For people who believe in the power of crystals and for people who believe hanging wind chimes and a mirror certainly wouldn’t hurt. Maybe you know you should get that drippy faucet fixed, but reading how it can affect your well-being might push you to get it done this weekend.

I thought this was just going to be a short quick overview, but instead it is a really helpful guide that is full of easy ideas. Many thanks to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing for the ARC in exchange for an honest review. I wholeheartedly recommend this book, and I can honestly say I wasn’t expecting to give it 5 stars.
This book was filled with not only ways to feng shui every room in your home, but also information on the benefits for each suggestion.  I found it interesting and have tried several suggestions.
10 Minute Feng Shui is a book chock-a-block full of information.  The first part of the book discusses the principles of Feng Shui.  The second part of the book puts the Feng Shui into action.  The book covers every room in your home as well as wardrobe and your office. There are so many simple cures to implement that I had to bookmark the pages where I want to go back. The author suggests that the reader implement a few changes to see how those aspects of your life improves. Very interesting book.  While the concept itself is ancient the way the book explains and implements the concept is new and improved.
Thank you to the publisher, author and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review
Liked the fengshui tips.
Very helpful.
Just wish that I would have been able to read this as an kindle arc. The other apps are not very reliable.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
If readers are looking how to Feng Shui their house with what is laying around and not spending too much money this book has what you need.
Thank you to netgalley for copy 10 Minute Feng Shui
3 out of 5

**OMG!  I cannot believe that these reviews haven't been done!  I am so sorry they are so late!!!**
This publisher always has beautifully designed books. This book gives a nice overview of feng shui principles and then explains how to apply them. Some are pretty common sense like having good lighting and fixing appliances when they break. Personally, I didn't relate as much to the design principles that are supposed to attract wealth, as I'm more of a minimalist and am not focused on making a lot of money. But if you're struggling with getting started in making your home the way you want it, this might be the master plan to help you get going.

Thanks to the publishers and NetGalley for a digital ARC!
A truly wonderful book, and certainly the best book I've seen on Feng Shui. Not because it's the most extensive in theory, but because it's practical and gives very down to earth explanations and a huge amount of practical examples. Very well written and in a good format.
This book gives a basic understanding of the philosophy for Feng Shui and how to use the ideas practically in your home. If you want to learn more about the idea past just a fade, this would be a great place to start The book is broken down into simple steps hence the 10-Minute name. It is easy to read and understand the concepts include.
Having read a book by Skye Alexander before I knew this would be an informative and interesting read.

The book begins with a basic explanation of what Feng Shui is and how it works. Then it goes onto the 10 minute ideas for your house broken down into areas.  I enjoyed the book and liked a lot of the ideas. I did find some of the book a bit repetitive near the end however.

I think this book would be good for folks just starting out using Feng Shui in their homes or as a wee reminder of what to do if like me you have been using it for a longer time.

Thanks to Netgalley and Quatro Publishing for the ARC.  My review is my own opinion.
nice introduction to Feng Shui. Agan gives things one can do in a short amount of time. Good for those who are interested in Feng Shui / bring it into there lives. Some practical things to do.
When you don't have a car for a  month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

Feng shui, the ancient Chinese art of placement, can transform your love life, financial situation, health, and overall happiness. With 10 Minute Feng Shui, learn how to reap these benefits with just a few simple changes to your home decor.

This amazing art is easier than you think: Put a vase of yellow flowers in your kitchen to increase your wealth. Place a live plant in your bedroom to improve your love life. Tie nine small bells on a red cord and hang it from your front door to bring happiness into your home. Hang a mobile in a sick room to clear congestion and respiration problems..and more.

In just ten minutes, revive stagnant energy and bring "ch'i" into your home. Feng shui has been used successfully for centuries, and the tips in this book are the best of what the art has to offer. They're simple, they're fun, and they work!

There are a number of local businesses near me that swear that their wealth improved after feng shui-ing their place, but I think that it is the local economy on the upswing, truth be told. This is a fascinating book and if you believe in the method, then this book is for you. If you are on the fence like me you may be baffled - if I want to do the recommended things you have to live in a place you can renovate or change: those of us in apartments cannot do 90% of these suggested hacks.

As a librarian, if I do not learn something new or get engaged in the characters I do not finish the book as there are too many good ones out there to read and review.
Sadly this book downloaded as a file type I was unable to open.  I read digital books on my Kindle. This title didn't give a Kindle option for some reason.  I'd like to read it if it becomes available on Kindle.
I have always wanted to learn about Feng Shui and this was the PERFECT book to do that.  It explained it all so well and then gave great tips. The only downside was the "10-minute" title threw me off as it was 210 pages long.  Thank you for the opportunity to read and review your book.
Some interesting things but it was a bit overloaded with conflicting advice.  I suppose if you accept you can't do everything and pick out a few things that appeal to you then you can't go wrong.  Some things were a bit silly and the book does repeat lots of things from the 10-minute declutter book.  However I loved the illustrations and the point format.  It is readable and nice to dip into, and would probably be ideal for gifting.
This book offers a nice easy to understand explanation of Feng Shui and the message behind setting your intention and having harmony and balance in your environment. The author explains how our homes mirror our internal, emotional states and how Feng Shui and decluttering can help. I really love that all the suggestions take ten minutes or less! I enjoyed learning even more about colors and how they can affect how we feel and/or what we attract into our lives. I really enjoy chapter five which focused on prosperity, love, happiness and one's well-being. Thank you to Netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Fair Winds Press for an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.