Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Oct 2019

Thank you to NetGalley, Emily Silva and publisher for letting me have advance copy of this book

A wonderful self help book thats full of useful guidance, uses plain English and doesn't make you feel stupid.
 Beautifully written and a great help.

Highly recommend
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul is a beautiful guide full of many wonderful ideas and tips on living a more meaningful and healthy life.
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul is great little book to help people find their inner glow. It's organized in an A-Z style starting with acceptance. There are practices or excercises at the end of each chapter to help you embody the lesson and further you on your path towards a life of abundance and serenity. There is a lot of emphasis on using mindfulness and meditation to find our inner glow. I consider this a self-help book for individuals who are feeling lost or overwhelmed and need to find their path towards self-love and a more fulfilling life. It is a tad repetitive, but it was done on purpose to really drive home some very  important life lessons. If you're feeling stuck in a rut this might just be the books ou need to help you find a path forwards.
This book was beautifully crafted and a wonderful read. I thought it had plenty of helpful ideas and will go through it multiple times.
In a fast paced and busy world, it is essential to stop and take care of ourselves.

The books offers a great introduction to mindfulness, gratitude and self care using the letters of the alphabet.

An easy and accessible starting point to learn to pause our busy lives and how to find our inner peace.

As I was already familiar with most of the tips,I would recommend this book as a great gift for friends and family who are starting to explore the worlds of wellbeing and mindfulness.
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul: A Guide for Cultivating a Vibrant Life of Peace & Purpose by Emily Silva, who is a life coach.  It provides an A to Z of ways that you can tap into your inner glow, with quotes to accompany each entry.

The interior of the book, like the cover, has beautiful watercolour backgrounds, making it very pleasing aesthetically.

The author defines inner glow as "the part of you that shines even through hard times.  It is when your soul feels truly alive."  She adds that real happiness "comes from finding inner peace and learning to be comfortable with ourselves and accept who we are, just the way we are."

Topics covered included acceptance, gratitude, forgiveness, and letting go.  While most of the suggested strategies were mental, some were behavioural, like nourishment and physical exercise, journaling, and restoring sleep.

This could be a lovely bedside table book...  But.

The book had a steady law of attraction undercurrent running through it.  I'm not talking just the idea that if you put positivity out there into the world you're likely to get it back in return; I mean the really pseudoscience stuff like thoughts vibrating and anthropomorphizing the universe.  For me it really tipped into the ridiculous with this:

"Most of what we eat is or once was living, and because of this, food carries its own vibrational frequency.  When we eat at a higher vibrational frequency, we raise our vibration...  Even meat that is raised well and sustainably carries with it a higher vibration than meat that is overly produced, full of antibiotics and hormones, because of the conditions in which they were raised."

No.  Just no.  I say get thee to a science class, then we'll talk.

However, I recognize that many people are pro-law of attraction.  For that group of people, this would probably be a good book overall, and for science geeky types like me if nothing else it's still quite lovely aesthetically.
Find your Glow, Feed Your Soul by Emily Silva is a a guide to cultivating a vibrant life of peace and purpose.  The author's intention is to help the reader find their inner 'glow' and do so routinely in order for the reader to do it effortlessly.  The author wants to help women, specifically, to find their bravery and to go after what they want in order to have a more fulfilled life. The author believes that as we become our best selves we become connected to each other.  This book is not a quick read.  You find yourself lingering over paragraphs and rereading them for their deeper meaning.  Very well written and extremely thought filled. Well Done

I would like to thank Quarto Publishing, the author and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book. Initially I was slightly skeptical about the religious or spiritual side of the book from the introduction,  but I found the beautiful pages full of practical advice and activities to help improve life and nourish your glow.

I think doing all the tips at once would be a little much so I plan to work through the book again tackling a letter each week to really work on the topics, and dip in and out to the subjects that speak to me and are most relevant at the time.

The book covers a multitude of subjects and isn’t repetitive so I think I will gain a lot from what it has to say by working through the suggestions.

A good book for yourself or a gift for a friend who has been through a life change

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in return for an honest review
4.5

This is a really gentle book & I would love the print copy so that I can use it as a reference throughout different times of my life when I’m focusing on certain aspects of my Wellbeing.

It was easy to read with a mixture of common, well known wisdom as well as Emily’s own advice & interpretations.

I love the watercolour style art.
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul is a beautiful self-help book designed to help you cultivate your purpose, find joy in simply living, and develop an inner peace so that you can practice mindfulness and add positivity to your life.

The words of encouragement that I found in this book are presented so well.  It is gentle, positive, and encouraging, and the layout is unique and easy to read.  But, one of the most interesting aspects of the book are the graphics. They remind me of a lava lamp or tie-dye (dating myself a little).  The colors swirl and flow on each page, making it feel so relaxing and such a joy to read. Beautiful!

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a copy of this book for review.
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul is an amazing A-Z self care guide to help you find your purpose, spark your inner glow and have more joy and peace in your life. The author provides useful tips on how to cultivate these things in your life- including acceptance, giving back, trusting yourself, zeroing in on what you want and so much more. Each "chapter" focuses on one of the tips and the author provides tips and exercises on how you cultivate more of these values and ideas into your life. The book is gorgeous with the background colors and the colors of the texts. This is a great book to keep around for whenever you need a pick me up. Thank you to Netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Rock Point for an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book is beautifully rendered; I loved the colors and patterns. The information is presented in an A-Z format with each section broken down into information as well as practical applications. This would be a good tool to help get your life a little more simple and a little bit more joyful.
I deduct one star because it doesn't bother to state that "coaching" won't always cut it. SOme issue in your life need medical intervention, particularly mental health therapies, and some people will not be healed just by the ideas in this book.
Introduces the reader to a few things to find peace and do better. Topics are alphabetical listed (A, B, C, ...) 26 things a reader could do.
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul by Emily Silva is a wonderful colourful self help book. Full of inspiration.
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul is a collection of self-care tips that I've seen a hundred times over. The tips range from gratitude, forgiveness and acceptance. There are some tips on how to achieve inner peace and purpose in your life that I found lacking real-world translation. I'm a huge fan of self-help novels and always looking for ways to improve my quality of mental health and life but unfortunately, I found Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul missing the key elements of definite ways of performing self-care.
When you don't have a car for a month due to a predatory car insurance industry, you can get a LOT of reading done!!

This a–z of self-care is a great gift for a loved one who needs a boost after a hard day (yourself included), Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul takes you through the alphabet of cultivating purpose, inner peace, and joy in your life.

From the letter a for acceptance to the letter h for harnessing your bravery to the letter z for zeroing in on what you want, you'll learn how to incorporate happiness and gratitude into your daily routine while also spending some time discovering a more spiritual you.

We could all use a little more inner glow. So many of us let fear and self-doubt dictate our lives in big and small ways—keeping us from making a new friend or preventing us from going back to school or feeling happy or simply being our best selves. With Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul, you can easily learn to practice mindfulness and incorporate positivity into your everyday life.

You'll find words of encouragement whenever you need them in this beautiful little nightstand book. Find ways to create a more spiritual, soulful, and happier you with this gorgeous devotional begging to be gifted.

First of all --- most gorgeous book cover in a long, long, long while --- I want to frame it. I expected this book to be way out there/crunchy granola/too weird for me. But it wasn't - it was a beautiful, lyrical book that has so many questions and talking points that it will keep you up at night thinking about it. (It did me!) This is a great book to help you ground yourself and understand your life as it is and work on yourself with.    I have pre-ordered this book and cannot wait to start working my way through a hard copy of the book!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "Social Influencer Millennials" on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it some magical 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄 for the magic in this book!
Find Your Glow, Feed Your Soul is a beautiful guide to living your best life by taking care of what's inside you. Silva shares powerful tips on acceptance, letting go of expectations, the feeling of true belonging, gratitude, giving and receiving love, and the power of forgiveness. This book is gorgeously designed and I love that the sections were easy to consume but also pack a powerful and relatable message.

Her voice comes across as accessible and this allows the text to come across like you are talking to a good friend who wants the best for you but also pushes you a little. I am a fan of self-help books and often find simpler guides like this to be very one dimensional so this was a pleasant surprise! I highly recommend this book and got so much out of it.
An inspirational book filled with vibrant and colorful Instagram worthy photos. The ABCs of finding work/ life balance today and planning calmness for tomorrow.
Sadly this book downloaded as a file type I was unable to open.  I read digital books on my Kindle. This title didn't give a Kindle option for some reason.  I'd like to read it if it becomes available on Kindle.
Oh my gosh.  This was book is brilliantly sectioned into inspirations of A-Z.  The book itself is beautiful and I can only imagine how beautiful it is in print.  Each chapter is the perfect length and gives great information.  It was VERY inspiration. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this amazing book.