Seeking Him

Title:  Seeking Him
Author:    Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth; Tim Grissom
Genre:  Christian
Rating:  4 out of 5

Revival isn’t just about church. Sure, it can take place in church, but it can also take place in your heart, life, and spirit. It can change marriages, friendships, families. This 12-week, interactive study guide gets to the heart and soul of matters. Using real-life examples and stories, the authors encourage readers to examine their own lives and seek God in all areas.

Seeking Him has been newly updated by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth and Tim Grissom.

(Galley courtesy of Moody Publishers via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.)
This is an updated study of “Seeking Him”.  I had the privilege of doing this study a few years ago with a ladies’ study group, and it was life-changing for me.  This study retains the wonderful content that was available in the first edition.  This is a thoughtful twelve- week study with the goal that this will lead to personal revival.  The authors help us tackle some tough issues in our lives:  humility; honesty; obedience; clear conscience; forgiveness; holiness; grace.  Although I enjoyed doing this study with a group, it could easily be done as a personal study, too.
There are five lessons for each section that include scripture passages and a memory for each week, the study commentary by the authors; and questions for meditation at the end of each day.  I’m looking forward to going through this study on my own again.  Be prepared to be challenged and convicted as you work through each week’s lesson.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.
Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth and Tim Grissom's Seeking Him , published by Moody Publishers and Life Action Ministries, offers readers an interactive guide to personal and corporate revival.  The twelve-week Bible study covers several topics, including humility, grace, holiness, forgiveness, sexual purity, and the Spirit-filled life.

The study is not for the faint of heart.  Instead, it's a challenging study for those truly interested in personal revival and personal holiness.  Seeking Him includes weekly Scripture memory verses and five days of study each week.  Daily studies help readers dig deep into God's Word while challenging them to evaluate their spiritual lives,  Each week ends with a special section, "Preparing My Heart for Revival," which guides readers to identify areas where they might need to experience revival or areas they need to release to God.  Each week also includes a section, "Seeking Him Together," specifically designed for group studies to help members discuss what they're learning and hold each other accountable.  There's also a "Praying for Revival" section to help readers develop a habit of praying for revival and to learn how to pray for revival.

For those who are serious about experiencing personal revival, Seeking Him offers a great guide, but it's like any other study that's worth anything.  While authors Wolgemuth and Grissom have faithfully put together a biblical, practical and challenging guide, it's only worth what the student is willing to put into it.  I highly recommend this book.  It's one I return every so often to reevaluate my spiritual life and seek God's heart for personal revival.

Note:  I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for this honest review.  The opinions expressed are my own.
This is designed to be for personal or group study. You have five days of study material. Nancy as always has created a deeply personal experience with your Heavenly Father. How to reclaim personal forgiveness, remove pride and become humble. Ability to see the world as a deep place desperate for love and acceptance. The world needs hope but you have to experience it first.
I'd recommend this book to anyone seeking to reconnect with God, the joy that comes with having the inner peace of accomplishing this.
It's got an easy format for both reading and highlights scripture verses that one can read and meditate on. However, whilst reading this, I truly wished for a more personal or shall I say conversational tone? All in all, it's a good read and maybe if I'd taken more time reading it as it's a scheduled daily read, then I may have connected as much as I expected.
Thanks Netgalley for the eARC.