Cover Image: The Forgotten Child

The Forgotten Child

I am  afraid I could not get into this book at all. It seemed confusing and flat. A shame, as it sounded promising.
The Forgotten Child by D.E, White. I was hooked in the beginning!!  Holly, a single mom, recently divorced and upset, is driving on wet roads with Milo, her son in the back seat when a car behind them starts to tail gate and ended up running them off the road. When Holly wakes up not only is Milo in the backseat but another boy is back there as well.  This unknown child brings Holly to a past that she wants to forget but it could also bring back her dead brother.  I thoroughly enjoyed the story in the beginning but then for me it started to slow and took me awhile to power through.  Great start but like I said, it kind of dragged on for me.
I really enjoyed how this book caught your attention from the first page!  This book was very fast paced with a lot of detail. The content was gritty with some adult language.  Not my favorite book, but it was a good read.
This book was disappointing for me. I am a fan of thriller books and unfortunately this book was all about organized crime and human trafficking. I didnt connect with the characters at all. The blurb was what grabbed me in the first place and unfortunately it didnt get me at all.
fairly well written drama although fit more with gangland theme maybe? some good twists and turns and as say a goodish read
Well let me start with WOW!!! This was one of the best suspense/thriller books that I have read in a very long time. It kept me constantly turning the pages and on the edge of my seat.
The Forgotten Child was the second book by author D.E. White that I was able to read. I have to say I was really disappointed with this novel. The first one I read blew me out of the water and I was really excited to jump into another one but it just didn't go as planned.
The story starts with Holly Hughes and her son Milo getting run off the road and crashing the car. When she comes to she discovers another child in the back seat. As the reader you're hooked, it has totally grabbed you and you want to keep on reading. But this is where the story goes downhill for me. Holly comes from an estate that's rife with organized crime and although she doesn't live there anymore this seems to become the focal point for the story. Decades long rivalries seem to be coming to a head and there are so many characters and issues between each other that it can be a bit convoluted. The reader is also dealing with Holly's ex husband who really is a horrible person and is putting her through literal hell. Who is the child is Holly's car you ask? Good question! You would think this would be the focal point from the suspenseful car crash. This is not the case at all, moving forward the book lacks in suspense and at times I found it to drone on with unimportant dialogue and unimportant characters.
This by no means is a deal breaker for this author because I know she can write way better novels, this one is just a bump in the road for me as the reader. I should also add that every reader is different and I know it was disappointing for me but some one else may love it. I look forward to reading another book from this author so we can move forward and leave this book in the past.
Thank you to the Publisher and Netgalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was an easy to read thriller thaylt kept my attention all the way through! Lots of twists and surprises I didn't see coming. Very good, would recommend!
Holly Kendal loses control on the rain-slicked tarmac, and her car spirals off the road. After the accident, when Holly regains consciousness, she desperately looked for her child. But Milo isn't the only child in the car. Next to him is another unharmed but unconscious little boy. She has absolutely no idea who the child is, not someone she saw before, but somehow he seemed to have an edge of familiarity. And with this child, all the devils she tried to left in the past come to her altogether.
When I began to read this story expected to be a story about a mysterious child, we don't know where he came from. But this story mostly about Holly Kendal who tried to stay away from her father's illegal works, after she lost, firstly her mother and later her brother. She tried to leave everything illegal behind and married. But later she was divorced and trying to protect her child she found herself in everything she thought she left behind.
Firstly, I enjoyed learning more about her and her life and the mysterious child and this is well written and a good story, but at some point, I give up to care about what will happen to her. So it was ok but was not what I expected.
Thanks to #NetGalley and the HQ Digital providing me a copy of the book in exchange for an unbiased review.

P.S.  because of some problems at my Barnesandnoble account my reviews weren't live but I wasn't aware of it. After checking it lately, I added them again. Now, there isn't any problem and my review is live in Barnesandnoble site and the link is added in my NetGalley review.  Sorry for the late fix.
What a page-turner! I absolutely love thrillers so I was super thrilled (haha) when I saw that Netgalley send me this book for review!
This is a well-written thriller, that I just couldn't put down! I am looking forward to reading more from this author soon!
Amazing!!! Definitely a thriller from the start which I enjoy. It’s a page turner so be ready to stay up reading!
I found this note to be an organized crime type book instead of a thriller. There’s were a lot of characters and I found my mind wandering. I think I would have enjoyed it more if the marketing was proper. I want a fan of this one unfortunately.
Thank you to Netgalley for this advanced reader's copy in return for my honest review. The premise of this book drew me. Well written and engaging psychological thriller.
You will love this if you love psychological thrillers. I was on the edge of my seat. Long buried secrets, car accidents and a mystery child. Captivating and explosive I couldn’t put it down. Lots of backstory and characters with depth. If you like reading Teresa Driscoll, then I would definitely recommend.
I could not get into this book at all, despite trying twice.

Very difficult to follow the story and engage with the characters, sorry.
The Forgotten Child

by D. E. White

HQ Digital

General Fiction (Adult) ,

Mystery & Thrillers

Pub Date 27 Sep 2019

I am reviewing a copy of The Forgotten Child through HQ Digital and Netgalley:

Eleven years prior Holly's brother and his Girlfriend were killed.

Holly has tried her hardest to forget the traumatic events of her past.  She turned her back on her crime boss Father and making a new life for herself and her son far away from the notorious Seaview Estate.

After a car accident, when she regains consciousness Hannah is confused by the strange child in the back seat of her car, she suddenly finds herself drawn to everything she had tried to escape from.

While already struggling to deal with a violent ex husband, and now she finds herself having to face long buried secrets as well.  She has spent the last eleven years trying to get away from the estate, but someone will stop at nothing to see her return.

With events that began eleven years ago coming to a head, Holly must protect both her life and her son's.

I give The Forgotten Child three out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
This book was quite disappointing because the plot was interesting and had so much potential.
The twists were clever but that is all that I can say about this book. Interesting plot with lots of potentials. Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I wish to write a longer review but this book was not for me.
Holly finds a strange child in the backseat of her car after she regains consciousness following a car crash.. Who was this child and what were they doing there. Running alongside this we have Holly's past where her brother disappeared.
I was really looking forward to this book. I love a good psychological thriller, especially one in two time frames. However, this book turned out to be not at all what I expected. It isn't a psychological thriller but an action book. Admittedly there is plenty of action in the story but I found it all got a bit much. At times there was too much going on and at other times the story seemed to stall.
I didn't really get on with the characters. I didn't like Holly much - in fact I wasn't keen on anyone.
I think the problem was that this turned out not to be my sort of book. I couldn't get into it or empathise with the characters.
I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley.
Thank you NetGalley for the copy in exchange for my honest review. I was disappointed based on the description and what the story actually ended up being. I was hoping that it would be more of a psychological thriller.
I expected this to be a psychological thriller, but it was more about criminal activities and human trafficking. The characters were pretty much unlikable, and the way the writing went between past and present didn't work. My brain couldn't follow it easily. The book was very repetitive. I felt no suspense, no sense of being thrilled at any point during the read and, on reflection, I am unsure why I bothered to finish it.