Cold Nose, Warm Heart

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jan 2020

Cold Nose, Warm Heart is a cute story that dog lovers will absolutely adore.   I liked the story, it was an easy and quick read.  The romance was sweet and of course, did I mention there mention there are dogs!  Oh yes and there are dogs in the story.
Cute rom-com, easy, quick read. There are many dogs in the story (perhaps too many?) but if you love romance and dogs this is the book for you.
As an avid, super dog lover I was so excited to see this novel with this plot and premise. I love stories that involve lovable pets. I love how the pets are never in the way but always used as scene support. I’m totally in for the rest of the series!
Liked this book so much I've sent 3 copies to friends to lift up their says!!!  Can not wait for the rest of this series.  If you like dogs this is an uplifting book with dogs included as a bonus.  Run out and get it.  Fun read, quick read.
After losing her job at Donovan Resorts, Riley ends up managing the apartment complex, named the Dorothy, her grandmother owns.  The job is, to say the least, difficult and time consuming, made only more difficult and time consuming by the over 55 (actually mostly over 70, in this case) residents of the complex. There are two bright spots in Riley’s life: her grandmother, who just about raised her due to her mother’s constantly moving job, and her poodle LouLou, both of whom really keep her going.  The Donovan family has fallen on some hard times, mostly because the father of the sons and the son of the family patriarch, has been sentenced to prison for fraud. Thus, one son, Caleb, is trying to keep the company together, despite bad publicity and major financial losses.  His grandfather decides Caleb and his two brothers, neither of whom has ever shown any interest in the business, should try to repurpose the Dorothy to keep the Donovan company going.  Therein lies the problem. The residents and the community want to keep the Dorothy as it is and to also keep the rag-tag dog park they have built in the vacant lot beside the building, so Caleb is met with fierce resistance. To complicate matters, after their meeting, Caleb is smitten with Riley, who is likewise smitten with Caleb. As discussions about the complex continue, we get a good picture of life at the Dorothy and within the community and how strong the bond between residents really is, as they all work together to preserve the Dorothy.

This is a pretty good doggie story. Riley’s dog as well as the other dogs in the complex and surrounding community pay a big role, but do not overpower the story. It was fascinating to watch the community all come together and unite for a common cause, as I always enjoy watching strong communities in action. In addition, it was interesting to watch the romance between Riley and Caleb grow and flourish, with lots of ups and downs.  This is a great book for dog lovers, and a wonderful start of a new series.  I will be eagerly watching for the next book to come out. The author has managed to put together a fantastic story for dog lovers and for romantics.  I would give it more than five stars if I could. I received this from NetGalley to read and review.
This was the first book I have read from Mara Wells and it will not be the last! This was such a cute romance. I loved Riley and Caleb and was rooting for both characters the entire time, even when they were at odds with each other. I love when a romance gets me invested in the characters and this did exactly that.
Cold Nose, Warm Heart
by Mara Wells
384 pages
5🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

Cold Nose, Warm Heart by Mara Wells is the first book in the Fur Haven Dog Park series. It is such a funny, feel good heartwarming story.

I was hooked after the first few pages. It was very entertaining and the dogs just made it that much better. I am and forever will be a dog lover. I loved the fact LouLou had her own set of doggie friends. ♥️. The only thing that bugs me is Loulou ( the main dog character is a poodle ) and the dog on the cover is not .

All the characters in this series found a special place in my heart. You can't help but to love them. I especially loved and connected with Riley. And Riley’s grandmother is a hoot. Even though this is a
Senior apartment building I would SO love to live there.

I can’t wait to read the next book in this wonderful series.

Many thanks to the Publisher , the Author , and NetGalley for a ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. And as with any book you read PLEASE leave the author a REVIEW. Reviews are very important to authors and is what keeps them writing. Authors really do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review !
#ColdNoseWarmHeart
#MaraWells
#netgalley
I am a fan of romance novels where animals figure prominently in the story. This one was a lot of fun. (I am surprised that the story focuses on a toy poodle but the the cover gives us a different dog from the story. It's an annoyance, but doesn't impact my enjoyment of the book.)

The characters in this are fascinating. Caleb is grieving all of the things he has lost, trying to drag his half brothers back into his life, and discovering that the men he looked up to may have less to esteem them for than he thought. Riley has her own disappointments, but she at least has her grandmother in her life. And slowly she is building a community around her.

The friction between the two characters - their histories with the Donovan family real estate empire, the fact that their grandparents have a history together, etc. - was great for throwing road blocks into their relationship and giving them more to overcome. The ending was completely satisfying. I can't wait to see what's next for book 2! (Sex)
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for making this ARC available in exchange for my review. Love the cute cover and that it's a cute rom com with dogs! First time author for me and so I'm not familiar with the writing style & thoughts. The characters need more dimension & more relationship building. Overall it's a fun and easy read.
I have voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this title given to me through NetGalley. This book was just absolutely wonderful. It was just so easy to get lost in and I just couldn’t put it down. I just lost myself within this amazing story. I most definitely will read more by this author.
✦Review, Excerpt & Giveaway: COLD NOSE, WARM HEART by Mara Wells https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-bp6
Publication Date: January 28, 2020
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

This is a sweet debut novel by Ms. Wells, full of quirky characters, both human and animal. I enjoyed how the author wove this diverse group of people into a community that fit together perfectly. Riley could have easily sunk into bitch-mode under the circumstances, but luckily, she remained likeable and Caleb’s attraction was believable. I also appreciate that Caleb was written with all his emotional layers on display while he worked through his past and present obstacles. I liked them both and happily watched them work through the issues surrounding them. This romance had family drama, frustrations, humor and love. It was a pleasure to read.

*Review copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

~*~*~*~

Kindle https://amzn.to/2Gpm5nl
The first book in Fur Haven Dog Park, Cold Nose, Warm Heart, was an ok read for me. I enjoyed the premise of this story, but the author focused heavily on some area which caused other area to be rushed breaking the easy flow to the read. Will I read more, yes, I feel this is still a good overall read and these minor things will disappear in future books
This was cute! As someone who is a librarian in South Florida, I enjoyed all the "old people" and Florida references.
I fell in love with the cover and then I fell in love with this story. I love stories with animals and I loved the dogs in this book.
It's a sweet, engrossing and enjoyable read that made me smile and root for the characters.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Strongly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
A feel good read that hits all of the emotional buttons you want in a romance.  Mara Wells gives her readers a couple of really good characters with a great supporting cast of man's best friends and throws in a no win situation that must be overcome before we get to go AAAHHHH.  Loved it!
Fun, if predictable, tale of dogs, the 'old folks', a dilapidated apartment complex, misunderstandings. the young female champion and the handsome "villain" out to rip the residents from their homes to build a super condo complex.  Oh, and did I forget the dog park and neighbors who rally to save everyone.
I was drawn to this book because of the pic. Who can resist a pic and book with an adorable fur baby on the cover?
I've never read anything by this author and was very impressed with the story.
Cute fun romance read!
Cold Nose Warm Heart is my first book by Mara Wells. I was drawn in by the cover-who can resist a cute furbaby??? Plus, I was missing my own who had recently passed, so I took a chance with this story.
Pet’s have a way of knowing if someone has a good heart and the furry characters in here certainly knew their stuff.
Riley and Caleb- the human element- were a lovely couple. They were drawn to one another, but they had some challenges to overcome. Caleb wanted to build an apartment complex where Riley and her friends had their dog park. It leads to some issues and confrontations.
This was an easy read, if a bit predictable. But still enjoyable all the same.
I received an ARC from #NetGalley and this is my honest and s voluntarily opinion.
This is my first book by Mara Wells and it happens to be the first book in a new series.  Riley and Caleb are drawn to each other, but they are also at odds with each other.  They have opposing views on how a historic building should be dealt with.  Renovation or not?  Which side will win?  Riley is also the owner of an adorable poodle and the neighborhood makeshift dog park is also in dispute.  Caleb and Riley are connected in that their grandparents were once married and have connections to the building as well.

I thought that this book was unique in many ways.  There was a lot of back and forth between the main characters caused by a lack of communication.  Both had interesting back stories which made their actions easier to understand.  I loved how the neighborhood banded together to show Caleb and the city what was important to them.  Even though Caleb wanted something different, they still embraced him because he had become important to Riley and she was important to them. It sounded like a great place to live.

I was a little puzzled as to why the dog on the cover is not a poodle since Riley's very cute sidekick was a poodle, otherwise it is an attractive cover.  I plan to check out the next book which looks like it is to be Lance's story.

My thanks to the publisher and Net Galley for the opportunity to read an ARC of this book.  My review gives my personal opinion of this book and mine alone.
The story starts off with Riley, manager of Dorothy’s place after losing her job at Donovan Resort, trying to fix as many problems as possible with what little money there was. Caleb Donovan’s trying to redeem his family name after his father was found guilty of illegal dealings and lost his real estate development business. His grandfather now wants this building brought up to snuff to making a profit. The catch is his two older brothers have to do it with him. They don’t have the same mother and they walked away, one going into the Marines, and Lance starting his own construction company. When Caleb found out how rundown this building was, he was going to fire the building manager Riley. When he met her, she had her poodle LouLou with her. She met with several women on the adjacent lot that they used as a dog park. This story showed that when the building was in jeopardy, she found she had more friends and support than she thought possible. Even though Caleb is the “enemy” she had feelings for him so that made things more difficult. She tried to come up with a scenario that would suit everyone.
I received an advance copy from NetGalley and this is my honest review.