Cover Image: The Body Painter

The Body Painter

This was a disappointing read. I expected a lot from the hype it created but it failed to leave an impact.
I loved the idea of a body painter and coupled with the style of story writing that is so unique to Pepper Winters, I was looking for another great read.
I liked the way this story uses the past and present in the storyline, it totally worked.
The characters and when they came together was a great intensive story and the end was shocking.
I liked it very much and want to know the ending so I'm definitely looking forward to book #2.
Dark, steamy hot,  thriller
I was pleasantly surprised that I loved it so much! Pepper does it again!
Thank you for the opportunity to read this. I will be posting a full review to Goodreads, Amazon, and Instagram.
This book was equal parts intriguing and disturbing. It shows how one change in the dominoes can affect someone's entire life. This is the story of Gil and Olin, childhood sweethearts. They were in love until one day all that got taken away through events outside of their control. Gil would do anything for Olin, and still does. Olin would forgive Gil for anything, and still does. A chance encounter brings them back together and the secret that broke them apart the first time still exists. Will they make it out this time? I can't wait to go get the second one.
Olin needed to find a job and ultimately ended up finding the one person she loved. He disappeared without a trace and finding him again was a gift. Uncovering his secrets could destroy them both.
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley.

Pepper Winters is one of my all-time favorite authors.    So I had high expectations for The Body Painter.

I was NOT disappointed.      This book was everything I want in a book.   Fantastic characters, unique and interesting storyline, and beuatiful writing.

The romance was steamy.   The characters were easy to relate to, and the book was easy to follow.   I could NOT put it down once I started reading.
Received this book through Netgalley in an exchange for an honest review.

I love Dark Romances especially by Pepper Winters. Unfortunately my heart condition don't like it. So many times I had to take a break from this book because I was getting chest pain.  Now chest pain because of a book is a good thing. That means the book is very very intense and gut wrenching.

Olin and Gil met in highschool and became eachother family. They spent their childhood being alone and lonely. Then Gil had to leave her to protect her. They find eachother again and she still has no clue why he left her.

Warning this book includes child abuse and sexual abuse. This book did drag some for me.
Readers prepare to be blown away. It is a heartbreaking story with a present which intertwine with a glimpse of the past. In the present, we see only POV from Olin her pain, struggle, strength, and determination who is looking for answers who want to know what happens to her first and only love Gil. Gil is a story for himself, we don't see an explanation of his action, just a few glimpses of the past can show us why is he so harsh. I don't think that I saw a Hero with so much tragedy in his life. When Olin and Gil collide again something erupts from hatred to reborn passion that is explosive. I was not found that the story dragged a bit. Like we found in the last sentence what  Gil is hiding but is just a glimpse of the mystery that surrounds him.  Olin still doesn't have her answers why or where did he go. Like it is all left in the open for the second book. And now I wonder will be the second book jet again drag and will be waiting this long for something to happen? Intense mysterious, sad book where there is no winner, and with a cliffhanger that keeps you wanting for more.
 I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for NetGalley
Brilliant read by this author with a great storyline and characters and written brilliant  I will definitely be recommending this book
This book is DARK and really hard to read at some points but the writing is incredible and wow, what a story! It’s definitely not the book for everyone but I could not put it down. I’ve already downloaded the Kindle edition of book 2 because I HAVE to know what happens next.

CW: abuse
Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC.  I'll be honest, the beginning back and forth was really hard to get through but I kept on since this is Pepper Winters and I love her writing (at least most of the time)! So after most of half the book I started to like it and close to the end really liking it. What a way to end the book though....hate cliffhangers and I'm glad I waited until the second book was out.
When Olin answers an ad in the newspaper for a body canvas . She should of just kept scrolling . Gil is the boy that got away and when she sees him again . Things become intense and not in a good way .  Will they be able to get back to what they had or will the past be too much to bare.

Ok first off before you all start yelling at me . I truly like this author and her Tears of Tess series . This book however is not on my radar for her . I felt the characters were not up to the standards of her last books . Olin was a really wishy washy character . All she does is whine through out the book She is one dimensional and to me has no substance . Gil is a brooding guy who yeah he has been hurt but know what suck it up and become the man. They are an ok couple .

The repetition in this book drove me crazy , I seriously think that the book could of been pared down and the story would of flowed better .  I feel like the author rushed this book and Over all the plot of the story is great but the execution was just a little off . Don't get me wrong  you might like the book but it isn't one of my favourites .  Check it out if you like and let me know what you think.
I ended up not finishing the book, I stopped at 40% into the book.  This book ended up being something completely different as to what I thought it might be going in. I did not like the main characters at all. In the 40% that I have read, the story was quite repetitive and a bit boring. This book just ended up not being for me. That said, if anyone likes dark romances or they enjoy Pepper Winters other books, please give it a try still. What is not working for one person, will work for another.
3.5 stars. The Body Painter is a complicated love story with an air of mystery and a hint of the forbidden. It’s dark and unexpected. I wasn’t sure about the flow of story since it alternates past and present, but I’m not sure if there is another way tell the story. I think I became impatient because of the mystery. There is a major cliffhanger and I will be reading the next part.
I struggled with this one and could not finish it. I loved Pepper Winters Tears of Tess series but this story feels like the writing is off. It is a good storyline but I feel like when I'm reading it parts are being padded with over describing something. The characters dont have that fleshed out feeling. Thank you to Netgalley and Pepper for allowing me to read and review this.
Wow!  this book was intense to say the least.  the passion between Olin and Gill, is like nothing I've ever read before.  It was brutal but yet steamy at the same time.  the love these two had for each other just pulled at my heart and they deserve so much to be together after all the heartache they went through.  Beautifully written Pepper Winters!
This book is so good! I loved all of the characters and the development. I recommend this book if you’re a fan of darker romance novels
The purple prose in this one was not for me, and I didn't care about either of the leads. This one was a DNF for me.
I had a hard time with this book. The writing is good, so I feel that this is more about where the reader is to be receptive to it. It wasn't the book for me at the moment, but I can see how other reader may be in the mindframe to enjoy this book.