The Body Painter

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 19 Sep 2019

4.25stars--THE BODY PAINTER is the first instalment in Pepper Winters’ contemporary, adult MASTER OF TRICKERY erotic, dark, romantic thriller focusing on body painter Gilbert ‘Gil’ Clark, and Olin Moss.

WARNING: Due to the nature of the story line content, there may be some triggers for more sensitive readers.

Told from dual first person perspectives (Gil and Olin), using present day and memories from the past, THE BODY PAINTER follows the rekindling relationship between high school friends Gilbert ‘Gil’ Clark, and Olin Moss. Gil Clark was a loner; a young man whose life was spiralling out of control and the only bright light in his otherwise dark work was classmate Olin Moss. Olin knew something wasn’t right at home where is concerned Gil Clark but her heart wanted more for the young man whose aura screamed heart break and pain. But one night would change everything pushing Olin Moss out of Gil Clark’s life, a night that would control Gil’s future, and all that he touched.

Gil Clark’s life has never been easy, and discovering his new ‘canvas’ was the girl he had always loved found Gil caught between head and heart in order to protect the people he loved. As Gil’s life continues to circle the proverbial drain, Olin will be pulled into a nightmare not of her making.

THE BODY PAINTER is an emotional, dark, raw and heart breaking story of one man’s battle to survive in a world that is continuously threatening to take him down. A history tormented by betrayal and abuse, Gil is unable to let go of the chains that bind him to the sins of the past. A bit of a Pollyanna, Olin is desperate to save the boy/man that she never stopped loving but saving herself should be her first priority.  Pepper Winter’s writes a  gritty, abrasive and tragic tale  about an ill-fated friendship with disturbing consequences. THE BODY PAINTER ends on a cliff hanger-you have been warned.

THE READING CAFÉ: http://www.thereadingcafe.com/the-body-painter-by-pepper-winters-review-excerpt-giveaway-tour/

GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2223124359

AMAZON.COM: https://www.amazon.com/review/R16CITVGKOSUGP/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07WN88FN3

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/162381427

B&N (Sandy _thereadingcafe) posted

CHAPTERS/INDIGO (Sandy_At_The_Reading_Cafe) posted

GOOGLE PLAY (Sandy S) posted

Ibooks (Sandy Sch) posted
If you've read anything by Pepper Winters, you know what you're in for. If you have not had the chance prior to The Body Painter, you're in for a rollercoaster of emotions. I couldn't put this book down. Right from the start, I was thinking to myself "what will the end be???" and I cannot wait for the sequel. Olin was an incredibly strong and relatable character. Gil was a great contrast to her, and the two of them together was amazing.
I should've kept scrolling past the advertisement. I should've applied for the boring receptionist job at minimum wage.
 should've clicked on any other job where I got to keep my clothes on. But I didn't. I applied. My interview is tomorrow.When I started reading I couldn't put it down.  Pepper Winters is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
Super steamy, intriguing premise, not something I'd recommend besides to readers of erotic romance who already deeply immersed in the genre.
4 1/2 "broken" stars

“If you knew me, you’d run from me.” His voice thickened. “You should run. Please, God. Run.”

Oh Ms. Winters, that wasn't very nice....holy crap!  I'm so twisted up right now that I can hardly see straight...

I found this to be an extremely creative and twisty storyline.  I love the originality.  Gil drove me a bit nuts with his back and forth actions with Olin but once some of his history was revealed, it made more sense to me.  Then there is Olin.  She's had a crappy life.  Her parents were basically too busy living their own lives to ever be parents.  Who knows where they are now.  The only person who ever really seemed to care about her at one point was Gil and he ended up breaking her heart too.  Now he's back in her life but he's not the same.  One thing is the same though, they still have a burning attraction for each other.

“Congratulations, Gilbert, you’re successfully the only man who’s broken my heart. Twice.”

Olin and Gil were the epitome of star-crossed lovers.  It truly does appear that the universe is against them because nothing has ever gone their way.  They say timing is everything.  Well, that is so true in this situation for sure.  Their timing sucks big time.  There is just so much hurt between them.  They are undoubtedly in love but they aren't together.  Why?!  The explanations elude us for the majority of the story.  As we get closer to the end of the book a few of the puzzle pieces start to fit together but the whole picture still isn't there.  Then Ms. Winters drops the atomic bomb....yep...I'm blown away.  Please write faster and give us book two as quickly as possible.  I'm in agony...I need to know what happens next.

*I should probably note there are some intense scenes that could require trigger warnings for sensitive readers.*

Thank you to NetGalley, the publisher and Ms. Winters for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Hmmm,well I really have no real feelings about this book, the writing was really good but the story p!it left me wanting a bit more.
I kept waiting for Olin to "grow a pair" and leave the pathetic body painter alone in his own
Three and a half
This is the first in what appears to be a duology and it’s every bit as twisted as Tears of Tess which was such a groundbreaking story. Here we meet Olin who is down on her luck and desperate enough to respond to an advert for a life model. The artist turns out to be Gil the boy who broke her heart at school but amidst the turmoil of meeting again Olin discovers that Gil has dark secrets and now they are putting Olin in danger !
This was beautiful, twisted, frustrating and everything I’ve come to expect from this talented author. The constant push pull routine between the couple could give anyone whiplash but the tension and suspense was flawless. Yes I had a slight idea but the ultimate revelation on the last page was absolutely jaw dropping ! Expect insane chemistry, emotional prose, flashbacks that truly do enhance everything and a dark underbelly to the story that’s insanely chilling. My only regret is that I just didn’t actually like Gil and yes I know he’s torn and at a crossroads but at times he felt so weak particularly when compared to Olin and everything she has survived. Not my favourite book by this author but one I’m sure many will be desperate to read.
This voluntary take is of a copy I requested from Netgalley and my thoughts and comments are honest and I believe fair
This is so much more than I thought it was going to be.  The Body Painter, the advertisement, was fate and started a chain reaction.  I don't know how to say any more without spoiling things, as the only blurb is just the ad and her reaction to it.

I will say it focuses on Gil and Olin, second chances, and has a feeling of unease and suspense throughout.  Gil is a wall of secrets and a tormented soul. Olin has always had to be strong, independent, but she only has eyes for one man.  This ends on a tortured note leaving you with so many questions and worries.  I loved it.