If It's Only Love

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Sep 2019

What’s it like to basically love someone all your life?  That is the question both Easton Connor and Shayleigh Jackson are asking themselves a regular basis lately.
     Easton or East for short. He is four years older than Shayleigh or Shay for short.  East is her older brother, Carter’s best friend.  Although, he was friends with all six of her brothers.  Shay always had a special place in East’s heart being the only girl.  When she was scared, had scraped her knee, or just needed to vent he was there for her.  The summer she wore that first bikini he was lost.
     He was told by Carter and not so nice that she was his baby sister and off-limits.  So, he was biding his time.  The night he was drafted in the NFL Shay is who he wanted to talk with and who always calmed his anxiety when it all got to be too much.  Going to L.A. he would have to figure life out another way.
     Life changed in L.A.  His love for Shay didn’t, he was homesick.  On New Year’s he came home he was back with his extended family which meant Shay.  They had their first kiss being she was eighteen.  She had school he had football.  That night after fooling around she said she would apply for UCLA. Shay was beyond smart.
     He rejected that idea when she presented it over text as they were talking. To her, he was rejecting her for the first time.  Reinforcing that her curvy girl body was just plain fat to him.  She would not measure up to the new beautiful people he was meeting in L.A.  All the models and actresses she was seeing in the magazines.
     She needed to distance herself.  The same thoughts he was having is to step back to let her have her dream.  She had higher learning and her dream school picked since she was in grade school, he couldn’t be selfish. Instead of telling her that he just said no.
     These two characters have many character flaws that cause you to pause and wonder how they cope.  The issues they have to face in their lives are difficult, some are extremely sad, but a lot are funny too.  I really enjoyed the family dynamics that singles outs the romance between Shay and East.
     I give this: 5 stars. Provided by netgalley.com.  Follow us on www.1rad-readerreviews.com.
Lexi Ryan oh how much I love reading her books. It’s always awesome to read her books. Can I just say that when you read this book please have nothing else to do because you won’t want to stop reading it.
Emotionally thrilling, sexy, fun, action packed and heart racing adventure filled with old hurts, tested relationships, witty banter, exciting charters and a thrilling passion that will no longer be ignored..... really enjoyed this journey from beginning to end. Great reading!
I love this author’s writing style. The story is sweet and funny. I love this series. I was anxiously waiting for Easton’s story. Second chance romance are my favorite tropes. This is a great second chance romance. The story unfolds beautifully.
Before Shay and East, I never knew love could hurt so good. If It's Only Love is a reminder that it's okay to shed a few tears. Ryan is an ace when it comes to heartache, but equally skilled at romance. Teen infatuation becomes a heartbreaking love story that was years in the making. Will young love get an adult happy ending? Compelling and endearing meets enduring and emotional to create an unforgettable find.
And finally for the only girl in the clan, Shayleigh. With five brothers it's not hard to believe Shay has the ability to hold her own. She's been protected her entire life and fell in love with her brothers best friend when she was seven. But really who thinks that it will work out in the end?
Easton has always been bigger than life, with an amazing NFL career he's ready to get back to normal. Will it finally be the time for him and Shay to have their moment? Or will life continue to keep them from happily ever after...
This was a good 2nd chance love story. It did take me a little bit to like Easton and Shay though. I just have a hard time with things being left unsaid. All of this could have been avoided if everything was put on the table 12 freaking years ago. I was starting to get into it and then it starts up again more than half way through with them keeping secrets/hiding feelings. I didn’t not like the story because I could understand what the author was trying to convey. It was just a lot of eye rolling on my part because Shay and Easton are grown adults by this point and could tell each other their feelings. If it worked it worked, if it didn’t work then move on. In the end it was all unnecessary because the love that they had for each other came out on top.

Arc provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I was not expecting this book at all. I absolutely ate it up and even cried a little. The synopsis makes it sound like this typical second-chance sports romance, but it's so much more emotional than I'd anticipated, and I loved every minute of it.

It's less of a second-chanced romance and more of a bad-timing-over-and-over romance, and I think the way Lexi Ryan handles the time shifts in the narrative--the then and the now--is really masterful. It turns out this is the last (or most recent) in a 6-book series, but I didn't feel lost at all. Also--it won't be the last Boys of Jackson Harbor book I'll be reading.
It's a very talented writer who makes you feel what you're reading. I loved this book, I've read one other book from this series but they can definitely be stand alone books. I loved the drama of this story, there is some back and forth as far as the timeline in concerned. However, I was hooked, I just wanted to know more of Shay and Easton's story. I highly recommend this book!
3 stars
I loved this series, this book though, was not my favorite. I didn't all the drama and issues that the couple dealt with, with other people. It didn't feel like a romance when we are dealing with them being with  other people
This story tore me up and made me too anxious. Way too anxious!
I had to keep skipping around. And then going back. I was on pins and needles. I loved Easton... I hated him... I loved him...hated him...
These two were meant to be together, but one thing after another kept tearing them apart. Be sure you know what you are getting into if you decide to read this one.

This is book 6 in the series. I have not read the previous books and had no issues with reading this one as a standalone.
This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Ryan and I am wondering what has taken me so long to do so. She writes a really good single dad/friends to lovers/best friends’ sister second chance romance. I mean you get it all with this story and I loved it. Shay and Ethan have known each other forever and she has always had a crush on him. Ethan has always had a thing for her as well but with her brothers always warning him off, it wasn’t able to happen. There was always the pesky timing problem but now since they are older, there is really nothing standing in their way – too bad that wasn’t the case. They will have to fight to get their HEA and the journey was worth every turn of the page.
Thank you NetGalley for the digital ARC of Lexi Ryan's  last book about Jackson Harbor. I have been fully invested in these books since book 1 and had actually bought all the others. This was on my to-read list. I am a huge fan of Lexi Ryan and her writing style and I was sorry to see the series end but since we are out of siblings I guess there was nowhere else to go with the story. It was the perfect ending. If you read the other books you need to read this one. quickly. go, do it now.
If It's Only Love is a beautiful story of second chances! I entered this series a little unorthodox, as I'm reading the 6th book in a series, but I'll immediately be going back to the beginning to read them all! Easton has made mistakes in his life, but his dedication to those he loves will make your heart skip a beat. I love the interactions between all of the characters and how all roads lead you home. Such a wonderful book, that I'll definitely read again and again!
I've absolutely loved this series.  If It's Only Love is Book 6 of ‘The Boys of Jackson Harbor' series, but is a complete standalone.

Oh wow! Shay and Easton's story is a rollercoaster ride, with twists I just didn't see coming!  The obstacles they face really put their relationship to the test. And Easton really stole my heart!

The book goes back and forth between the past and present, so we get to learn their full story – no stone was left unturned!

Sorry to see this series come to an end – loved every word!
Easton and Shay's history was so heartbreaking.  The reasons for them being apart were pretty good ones, but he could have handled it better.  I really enjoyed this story and seeing how hard Easton worked to show Shay how he felt.  It just missed 5 stars for me because I did fell that there was a  bit too many obstacles for them.  Clear communication would have helped.  Loved the epilogue!
Easton and Shayleigh have a long history, and it's the kind of history that makes for a great second chance story.  It's full of romance, of missed opportunities, of 2nd chances, and star-crossed lovers.  It's a 2nd chance, or really a 3rd or 4th chance for the characters, and while there have been reasons that they wouldn't work in the past, the relationship seems that it actually might work this time.  Maybe.  Yes, there are still things in their way, but this time, Easton is all in, and he is in Jackson Harbor to get rid of one of the issues, them living in different cities.

There's such a connection between them, and it's there, and it's strong from the very first time you see them together.  It's one of those connections that make you wonder why it hasn't worked out yet.  But, then you learn what has happened to them, and why they are not able to get together.

All of the flashbacks work, and they draw them together and make their relationship into something incredibly strong, and with this strength you believe in the relationship.

So, why the 3 stars?  I can't say here.  It's not because I don't know, as I do.  But, it's a spoiler.  And, while it worked for the story and I believed the resolution around it, I didn't love it.  And, I know this doesn't make a lot of sense, but there's just not a way to explain this without going into the thing that happened that I didn't love and didn't totally work for me. There's not really anything else I can say as I don't want to ruin the story for others.

Overall, I did enjoy this title and I do recommend it.
If it’s only Love
By: Lexi Ryan

📚💕⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💕📚

Can these two love without hurt?

This book is another high punch drawma, Lexi Ryan waists  no time sucking you in and reminding us the reader she is one imaginative writer. She will remind you page after page of all the Men and the women they love.

I really enjoyed this book and it kept me engrossed throughout. I really loved the characters and the way they interacted with each other. This is a fun, hot, romantic second chance must read book and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

Authors Blurb: Not my decision to enter the NFL draft before finishing college. Not fighting for custody of my daughter—even if, biologically speaking, it turns out she’s not mine. And certainly not seducing my buddy’s little sister ten years ago.

But when it comes to Shayleigh Jackson, my no-regrets attitude stops there. I screwed up royally where she’s concerned. Then I made another mistake when I let her shut me out of her life.

Now after more than a decade living in different time zones, I’m coming home to Jackson Harbor. My first priority is keeping my daughter away from the media circus in Los Angeles, but the moment I see Shay, I know something else brought me back here. Now I’ll stop at nothing to win her back.

So what if she won’t speak to me? So what if she’s changed? So what if she’s fallen for some douchebag professor? I’ve never gotten over her, and I know she feels the same about me.

I’ve let her go twice. I won’t make that mistake again.

This book has everything I love in a book. Then you add that it's beautifully written and believable. It is easily a five star read. Written in multiple POV one of my personal favorite this story flows so incredibly well that the next thing you know your 80% into the book and loving every second of it. The believable way the characters interact is perfect. Run, Hop, Jump or use your (1 click) finger to do whatever you have to do and get this amazing book.  It'll break your heart, you'll want to scream with frustration and it'll let you discover that love just might conquer all. The chemistry is steamy and sweet and oh so romantic.

Thanks Netgally for letting me read and review.📚💕
Shayleigh has always been the tag along To her five brothers. While they are protective of her, they don’t look back. Easton does. He is her brother’s best friend who has become another boy in the Jackson family because he doesn’t have a father. They welcome him with open arms. Easton and Shay have had a special connection since she was 7. The small town they grow up in is about love, family, responsibility, and bad timing. Shay is 30 years old now, Easton is a retired MVP quarterback. Can they get past all the things keeping the a part and make a real go to discover what is between them the past 20 years, or will things continue to get between them. Apparently this is the 6th book in the series. So, I will start reading the stories of the brothers. This was a romantic read just in time for football season.
It was a sweet story about your first love and finding your way back to each other. I’ve never read Lexi Ryan before but I would read another one of her books.