A Genesis to Revelation Scripture Memory Guide

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Feb 2020

This book provides tips on scripture memorization and a collection of important Bible verses for memorization. He started off by explaining why it's important to memorize Scripture, and he gave nine tips about scripture memorization. He then gave an overview of the Bible, going book by book. He also talked about the different Bible translations. Most of the book was a collection of verses that he suggested for memorization along with commentary about the verse so you can better understand the intent and context. He provided verses about salvation, walking with God, the character of God, and things like worship, love, prayer, peace, suffering, and so forth. I had hoped for more information about how to better memorize the Bible verses, but this is a good resource if you want a collection of Bible verses to memorize.
I recommend this book to any person looking to grow in knowledge and faith. This highly valuable and useful book is vital in any Christian Libary. Ed Strauss gives an overview of the Bible, explains the verses. teaches ways to memorize and why we should memorize.
Earc from netgalley.

I liked how they put so many verses in, but also how they put in multiple versions, so you could compare and decide which one to memorize.
I wasn't sure what to expect, but I enjoyed reading this. An interesting story with fun characters. Well written.
Absolutely loved this book and would recommend it to a friend or relative who is in need of God’s Promises. I had discovered so many verses that will help me through every season of my walk with Christ.
I liked the direction, reasoning, and references for memorizing Scripture.  It’s such an important part of our faith though it can be a challenge.

I really liked that he gave steps for memorization but also feel it’s a bit hard to go over things 10 times one way and another and so on, I’m sure you end up memorizing but also very tired.

I think it’s a great starting point if you’re interested in Scripture memorization. After you get the hang of it, implement it the way it works best for you.
A Genesis to Revelation Scripture Memory Guide
By Ed Strauss
The first few chapters of this book are short but important. They share the importance of memorization, as well as what Jesus memorized, tips on memorizing scripture, and a brief overview of the Bible. I liked how the comparison of translation is encouraged and used to learn to study the Bible. The meat of the book, however, is scripture and begins to read more like a topical reference. There are 144 scriptures shared throughout this book.
God said, “These words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children (Deuteronomy 6:6-7) and “Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul (Deuteronomy 11:18).”
I enjoyed the beginning chapters of the book more than the topical references as I already have many topical reference books… including Google. It was still a great book and something I would give as a gift in the future.
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
October 12, 2019
A Genesis to Revelation Scripture Memory Guide - Ed Strauss

Scripture memory from start to finish is the only way to be able to recall a truth when needed.
We can all remember movie lines, TV shows, favorite songs.....why because we attached a memory of something special or challenged us to think.

The life we all individually live, be in the USA or around the world,  faces culture changing
quickly and technology running faster than our brains can.  But the real question is does this matter to us in our daily lives.

Scripture memory is an easy thing to begin and continue doing with very little effort but the dividends are much greater than the time involved.

Everything from Genesis, "In the beginning" to Revelation 22:21, "the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, Amen." is a story of God's desire to know, love and direct man's life.
Now, how could you not want that.  So, the Bible does have a verse for every part of our life and nothing has the power like memorization of His word.

God promises, "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."  Isaiah 55:11.

I was challenge myself to get busy and memorize scripture and I challenge you to do the same.
This is a very handy book that I will refer to time and time again. Great suggestions and tips for Bible memory and scripture is well organized.