Cover Image: The Calling

The Calling

I was never able to download this book. I did reach out for assistance but it appeared I was approved for it and it ceased being downloadable before I try to send it to myself. There fore I was not able to read this.
Rha is the life coach we all probably need and most of us are still ready for.

I don’t agree with all of her philosophy but wow do I love her delivery. She is feeling herself and thrilled to help us feel the same way about ourselves. She wants us to love life and live in a way that makes that obvious.

I think If you read this book, you will walk away with do,etching you needed to hear. Bare minimum you will walk away with respect for the author and the way she lives life.

The book is pretty well written and very easy to read.

I received a copy of the book from the publisher Via NetGalley for the purpose of reviewing it. The opinions I have expressed are my own honest review.
Eloquent, clear, and persuasive,
The Calling captures the very essence of what it means to have a calling on one’s life.
Rha maintains a gentle, yet firm position when presenting her well-thought out plan.
She flawlessly shares her plan and provides mini-case studies.
The Calling is a book for anyone who is looking for their purpose.  This is the first time I have read a book by this author.  There is a lot of information in this book.  I definitely think this is a book you would have to purchase and work through as there is a lot of very valuable information in it.  I did enjoy the “Your call” section at the end of each chapter which gives you actionable items to work through.
As someone who changed careers later in life, I found this an excellent book for helping me define what I desire to achieve in this next phase of life.
Wow! I am really impressed by this author and her motivational tips. We are all looking for "more" in life. She is teaching us how to find our true calling and if you do the work she outlines, I think you can really make a difference.
If you've been wanting to explore how to find your calling from a strong #ownvoices author, this is the book to start with. It's very easy to read and understand, and Rhea has tips and action items at the end of each chapter. I liked how she slowly built up her message, step by step. This is a great book to get you on your way to discovering your own calling!
A Guide for Finding and Pursuing What You Want in Life

We all want a fulfilling life, but sometimes it’s hard to decide what that would mean and even harder to find out how to accomplish it. Rha Goddess provides not only a way to find your calling, but a guide to how to achieve your objectives.

The first step in finding your calling is deciding what you want, what your goals are, and how to define your thought processes. The second step is figuring out how to put your plan into action or as Rha says, “Get Paid”. The third part challenges you to “Do Good”. The book is filled with good advice, success stories, and exercises. The exercises are not designed to be quick. Some are suggested to take two weeks. This is not an unreasonable expectation if you’re trying to change your life.

If you’re dissatisfied with where you are in your life, this book will offer motivation and concrete suggestions for how to move past your discomfort with where you are and find fulfillment. It’s an easy book to read, and if pursued consistently can help you change your life for the better.

I received this book from St. Martin’s Press for this review.
The Calling by Rha Goddess is a very detailed novel that discuss different things needed in order to achieve and/or find your calling.  There are many thought provoking topics that will allow you to clearly define your life, thought process and overall goals.  There are three main parts to this novel.  The first part teaches the reader to “Stay True”.  In Part two the reader is out on the path to “Get Paid”.  In Part three having completed part one and part two the reader is challenged to “Do Good”.  Stories and  homework that is specific and targeted are also seen.  This is a vast resource that also has website links that can be used to continue the process of finding your true calling.  I have not seen a resource this detailed and full of hopeful advice and motivation. In a long time.  This is an excellent resource for anyone looking for a change or affirmation that they have found their true calling .  I received this book from the publisher and netgalley in exchange for a free and honest review.
This book has great advice if you are thinking of changing careers, especially into a career where you can do something meaningful to yourself and make a difference in the world.
I received an advance copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
I am a school librarian, so this is not a book I will purchase for my school. I requested it because I like to read self-help books form time to time to get a new perspective. This book provided just that.

I typically like to flip through books like this and hunt and peck for the pieces that speak to me. This book isn't like that. It's a book that... it is LONG and it needs a time commitment to work through the exercises. It's the sort of buy to buy not borrow.
I liked the book even if sometimes I considered it to be too long and repetitive, but otherwise it was a good read.
This is a really good self-help book. The author is encouraging and upbeat, with practical and down to earth advice on establishing a new career based on your true interests and passions. There's lots of worksheets and other resources in the book as well. This is much more than the usual "get rich on what you love" book. The author put a lot of effort into the book, and it shows.
Well written book, great for business leaders and entrepreneurs. Don’t let others opinion stop you from being who you were created to be sums up this book for me.
I thought I'd try a genre outside of my normal and preferred ones but this was not the book for me.  Definitely, if you're into more of the spiritual and new-age aspects this may be a great book for you.  I tried to keep an open mind but I just couldn't get into it.
Rha Goddess is an amazing, inspiring and fantastic motivational author.  In The Calling, she offers a six step approach on finding your place in the world.  As Walt Kelly said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us." and for many of us, that is true.  Goddess describes on self discovery, self awareness, acceptance and forgiveness, how to get to that point of finding our calling.

This is not a speedy self-help book, as she suggests spending 2 weeks on an exercises before moving on to the next chapter and really, aren't you worth that time?  Her points and suggestions are simple to understand and definitely worth doing.  This book is inspiring and I am grateful to NetGalley and St. Martins Press for the opportunity to review it in exchange for an honest review.
When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

A game-changing book offering a six-step approach on how to find and follow your true calling and redefine success from entrepreneur and soul coach Rha Goddess.

Are you willing to believe in you?

Every single one of us has a calling.
For most, it’s the thing you have to force yourself not to do.
When you try to ignore it, you can’t stop thinking about. It is the thing that both terrifies you and brings you the most joy. Already living yours? Great! How do you make the most of it?

The Calling will provide readers with a road map, via 3 fundamental shifts, on how to stay true, get paid and do good. The steps that will help lead you there include:

RECOGNIZING—it always begins with awareness. If you can’t see it then you can’t do anything about it.
ACCEPTING—means embracing, and taking responsibility for yourself, your life, and the things that want or need to be changed.
FORGIVING—yourself and others.
AND MORE!

The Calling will be the resource that people have been asking Rha to write for years, and there has never been a better time for her to share her proven method.

This is an ... interesting... book - I am not really a self-help kind of girl but as I am flailing in life I thought I would give it a go. I really appreciated what the book tried to do but it was too "out there for me".    As a librarian, if I do not learn something new or get engaged in the characters I do not finish the book as there are too many good ones out there to read and review.

This is one of those books. If you are into self-help and think that a soul coach will help you via the pages in this book, then read it.

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it🔮