Rise of the Zelphire Book Two

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Sep 2019

I received an ARC of this from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I love the artwork in these graphic novels and I enjoyed this story more than the first. The story continues but we get insight into Victors past and why he wants revenge. The same cast of characters is in attendance with the addition of Juliette.
It’s a nice little compact action packed love story. I liked it and can’t wait until the 3rd is translated.
Well, I accused the first book in this really quite interesting series of throwing the reader in at the deep end.  This, coming as it does quite some time after the first third of the trilogy was translated, is even more of the same, but if you're on board you'll love this.  In this battle for the kingdom nobody is as they seem, superpowers are used inventively, and kids know when not to run to battle and obey their adults in fleeing.  That beat alone feels original, and when you add in so much else that really is, you get a wonderfully intriguing series.  Just don't come here first.
Even better than the first one. This series is becoming darker and including impressive characters. I first thought it a bit pretencious to use the name of Burton to promote it, but Karim Friha has enough creativity and ability to meet the expectations he created after the first installment. Kids and teens will love it for sure!

Full review published in my blog: http://tintanocturna.blogspot.com/2019/09/comic-rise-of-zelphire-book-two-prince.html
I really really really enjoy this series. I like the art and  enjoy the universe so much. Even if it is consider teens (close to middle-grade in my opinion) the characters and the world are very captivating, not much depth but that is alright. I like everything about it. A fun and entertaining series!
This was kindly given to me by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I didn't realize this was coming out so soon and I jumped on it when I saw it on NetGalley. This was a great sequel! I was a little confused when I first started it since it was a few months ago that I read the first one but it wasn't hard to pick the story back up. The story this volume followed was separate from volume one. It was more remembering what abilities the characters had more than anything. The art style stood out to me once again with how the colors and drawings mixed. I'm so happy this sequel is being released and I can't wait to see what else Karim Friha has to offer.
Book 2 is definitely just as good as the first one. Dark and pleasant, what you would expect from this type of book. This was definitely a great read, and I recommend to anyone.

Rating 3