Abandoned

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 Feb 2020

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.   Thank you NetGalley.

Wow.   What a book.
Abandoned covers a topic that so many of us don't think about or hear much about.     What happens to teenagers once they hit "adulthood?"    We often think that just because someone hits the "age of adult" they should immediately able to tend to themselves with no help.

The stories in this book are touching and raw.
Check it out.
Abandoned is one of those books that will stay with you and that should be recommended. Disconnection in the youth population is an issue that needs more attention and this book does a great job highlighting several forms of disconnection within the population of 16/18-24 year olds in our current political climate.
The author does an amazing job addressing the topics, using real world stories from disconnected youth, and shocking statistics to clearly layout why and how this has become an issue that need addressing.
Thank you to The New Press as I received an advanced reader copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
I truly enjoyed the book the setting,the writing style was amazing,the plot was good, the plot twists and the characters in the book were amazing. I would gladly reread it again.
Both our society and our institutions are failing young adults at a particularly vulnerable point in their development, as Anne Kim shows us in her very good study of the matter.
This was a heartbreaking book. I loved it, but it was heartbreaking. Unflinching honesty and prose. I just wanted to scoop up the main character and give a big hug. The story is the reality for so many people in the world, and it makes me even sadder. The book and story is very good and I highly recommend it.
This one’s a must-read. This is a heartbreaking, in-depth look at the tragedy that affects too many young people in our country. Abandoned looks at history, how we got here, the many ways disconnect affects our youth, and ways to assist. There’s so much to learn.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book did a great job of touching on several aspects of what is termed "disconnected youth". This is such an important subject and does need a lot more attention and focus. The author describes the aspects well and brings awareness to this crisis.